Do you get physical sensations when reading?

Raya

Do any of you get physical feelings when reading, or maybe when you're doing other similar or related divination/spiritual exercises?

I notice that recently when I do my "pre-tarot warm-up ritual," without trying my posture will start straightening, and my face will turn upward, which makes sense since the warm-up is a prayer. Last night I was kinda meditating and trying to get in touch with the Power that we commune with when we're reading. I got a funny tingling sensation just under the top of my skull.

I know what these sensations mean to me, but I'm just curious what others have experienced.

miss_nikki

Whenever I have gotten that sensation before (not while reading) it has always been 'somebody' or 'something' letting their presence be known...for me.

Never while reading though...

Raya

miss nikki: Do you mean the sensation around the top of the skull? I interpreted it the same way. I also wondered if it was related to the so-called "sixth sense."

miss_nikki

No, whenever somebody/thing (I call them 'wights') has ever made their presence known to me I always feel a prickly/hot/pressure sensation that normally makes the hairs on my arm stand up. Sometimes they can be much stronger than others. I have had a few experiences so strong that made my heart race and my cheeks blush!

Maybe every person feels them in a different way. Perhaps you have a specific guide or helping wight that always tries to say, 'Heya! I am here to help!'. That is a pretty cool thought.

Mariana

I sometimes get this warm feeling as if I'm going to explode, it seems to radiate from my heart or chest, but I only get it after meditation or writing poetry in which I pour out my soul. Would that be a bit similar? I associate it with heightened awareness, feeling connected to the whole world - a bit mystical, really.

Staramber

In another thread I was talking about how I can feel the card in my hand pulsate when I hit on what they (or it, or me, or whatever) thinks is the right interpretation. I get the same feeling when I hold a charged object or some crystals. It's a 'pick me' type of feeling.

Kenny

Mariana said:
I sometimes get this warm feeling as if I'm going to explode, it seems to radiate from my heart or chest, but I only get it after meditation or writing poetry in which I pour out my soul. Would that be a bit similar? I associate it with heightened awareness, feeling connected to the whole world - a bit mystical, really.
I get a simular feeling, at the moment it only tells me wether I have done something right or wrong. I'm learning to trust this feeling but still have ways to go.

April

Hi Raya! It seems to me that it might involve your crown chakra opening up (or what have you). I really wouldn't know as I had a teacher in college who always complained about my closed up crown chakra and eventually gave up. And then I failed the course. :(

Sometimes, always in the middle of a reading, I'll start to get very warm and start peeling off clothes if I have them to spare. Another tarot reader made fun of me for my "hot flashes" at 26.

Peace,
April

Empath111

I've been getting a tingeling sensation down the back of the right side of my head to my neck. Now, I'm a physical therapist so I thought it was something physical - haha. But, it only happens when I really concentrate while reading the Tarot. So....I don't know.............but this thread piqued my interest!

Also, when I was on the Newbie exchange reading there was techique they offered us to try. Leave the cards turned face-down and put your hand on it - and write down your impression.

I noticed most people wrote about visions. I had no visions. But, I did have feelings - fluttering in my chest area - sad/depressed feeling....nervousness in my stomach. The feelings correlated with the cards and clarified cards I had a tough time reading. I did notice this was quite difficult for me to do for long though....it was draining.

SunChariot

I didn't used to, but the more I "grow" into my style of reading the more I do. I used to just analyse the imagery and stop there, no physical symptoms at all.

But lately, I have added onto that technique somehow. As I an typing what I see in the images I follow trains of thought that come to my mind. I don't know how but I just start typing almost faster than I can think...words, thoughts, concepts just pour out of or I am not sure where.

But I just know in my gut that they belong there in the reading. If I try to tell myself that I must have made them up and delete them I get a strong reaction in my gut that tells me "STOP!". It strong enough to make me stop and take notice.

Then if I don't listen and try to be rational and logical and ask myself how can truth come in that way....if I try to erase it again, the feeling gets stronger. And it gets stronger each time, until I know I have to leave the words there.

Those are the times when after the querent tells me it was just like I knew them intimately even though they are complete strangers. Or that I used the exact same words and expressions as their bf whom I knew nothing about, or that the reading was so accurate it was scary.

Sometimes the feeling is even stronger. as the words are pouring out I feel inside almost like another presense/personality/being in me, like almost dicatating the words. It's faint, but I can feel it somehow in a sense. I can almost feel it physically, a bit tingly too. It's so faint it's hard to make sense of or describe, but I can truly feel it and I know it's there.

I can feel like a sense of satisfaction that is not really mine when I get the words right. Like something is being said that needs to be said and I found the right words. And there is a satisfaction that I can feel, but it is coming from an outside source. Like someone else feeling happy they were able to make themselves understood to me so that I could pass the message on. Except I can sense their feelings in me. At those times I am 150% sure of the accuracy of the message. And it makes me feel so happy I could cry. Because I truly do want to help others, and I know then that I have. It's really all very positive.

Those are the readings most full of divine love...They're the ones telling the querent how deeply loved they are...and usually angel type messages. They usually come up in readings for a good AT friend of mine who believes strongly in angels, as do I now. It mostly happens when I read for her, like her angels want to help her so much they almost become a part of me temporarily.

Of course I have on occasion had experiences with angels and faeries through all my senses anyway...But in that type of reading it's almost like a real joining with another being. And to me its beautiful. I know I never pulled back from it, and it results in good things. In fact, I guess you can say I expect it now, and I purposely try to keep my mind as empty as possible when reading so that I am open to that. My personal view is that it is my angels (or those of the querent) as I always ask for their help before a reading anyway.

Bar