Universal Wisdom Opinions

miss_nikki

Hello!

Within a few months I am going to be home for a while with the family while my husband is away for military training. I'd like to bring my divination odds and ends since it's important to me. Only problem is that I don't want to freak out my mom. She used to be a very strict Christian and recently has become more open minded and relaxed about my non Christian spirituality.

So, I'd like to buy a very pretty and not scary deck for her, as a gift. The artwork of the Univeral Wisdom Oracle is SO her, and doesn't seem to be very 'spooky' at all. I thought about some of the Angel ones but, she is very into exploring feminine spirituality lately and wanted to give her something along those lines that also don't lapse into straight out Goddess imagery.

Does anyone have experience with that deck, and if so, do you think it would be a good first deck to gift her so she can use it and see that divination isn't 'hellfire and brimstone'?

miss_nikki

Actually I am realizing that the artist has three decks that seem to be similiar - Love, Wisdom and Spirit. If you have info/experience/opinions on these other decks too I'd appreciate it :)

Sheri

Hi miss_nicki,

I don't have any of the decks, but I did find this thread about the Universal Wisdom:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=48146

You might try using the "Search this Forum" tool at the far right of a forum to check for threads about the other decks. You might also want to check out Oracle Study Groups and the Oracle Readings forums too.

If you need more assistance, let me know and I will help all I can.

Blessings,

valeria

Satori

I have the Universal Wisdom and Universal Love Oracles.
They are really great decks.
I use them for angel readings, or spirit guide readings.

The thing about these decks is that there are a lot of female nudes. So she may not really like that, but she may not mind either. There is a Christ image in both of them, so that might help.

miss_nikki

Thanks for your answers!

Valeria - Thanks for reminding me about the Search function :D I couldn't find any reviews on here or Amazon. But I forgot to do a manual search!

Satori - Oddly enough she has started to move away from traditional Christianity because of the missing Feminine element, and she loves female figure artwork and draws quite a bit of it herself.

I just wanted something that she would enjoy and wouldn't be quite as scary as normal Tarot would be for someone who is just starting to expand out of the traditional Christian mindset.

Thanks!