Jumper Cards - how much weight do you give them?

buddhagoddess

I was just doing a final shuffle of my Ananda before I put her to "bed" and several cards jumped out:

High Priestess
Death
The Turning Point (Judgement)
and a couple of others that I didn't look at.

This is a VERY well shuffled deck so I am surprised the ones I looked at were all majors. Does this mean anything? How much weight/importance do you put on "jumper" cards?

BG

After posting, I just tried to do one final "get those jumpers back into the pack" shuffle and the deck jumped out of my hands again. I guess it is finished shuffling. I acutally said that to it. Ugh, I'm talking to my cards now...

rebecca-smiles

I havent read how other people fo it but...

i read it as the cards saying "by the way, it might be useful to know that..."

Wisp Wings

I pretty much do the same as Rebecca does. On this with you, you weren't shuffling to do a reading, but rather shuffling to cleanse the deck or in the least to take away some of the past vibes from having either played with them or having done a reading or two. I would tend to see it as "oh, by the way".

If it was at the beginning of shuffling or anytime prior to laying out a spread, also if you've finished one question and were shuffling again for another question/spread, I would take note of the cards to just remember them and then reshuffle adding them in and shuffle some more. Often many of the jumping cards will still may their way to being in the spread. Regardless if they are there again or not, I do see if there is any means of them relating to the question asked. For myself whether I am doing the reading or if I am being read for by another, the jumpers usually mean "Hey, I'm the subject" or "It's me, she needs the info of ME!" So it is usually always in some way a "Listen up" card with me.

As far as how much weight to give it? I would say equal to the rest. How is it a "Listen up" card with you? Or is it? You can usually tell with the over-all message as to if this just the subject, the summary, or the advice. Then how do you normally see that each of these are in weight? I tend to put more emphasis on advice, but all plays an important part.

Most times even if I have three jumpers they usually relate and you can figure out how rather easily. When I have them I generally will get two jumpers, somethings jumping out together and other times one single card at two different times.

To each their own. Just take note of the cards and see for yourself if it seems to mean anything to the question/problem in question.

wytchwood

I usually go by how I feel about the cards jumping out. I can usually tell that they are significant and I need to look at them, other times I feel like there is no significance... I just go by how I feel about them.

Zoe

Tara2007

I usually see cards flying out of the deck, so to speak, when I am shuffling after having already asked the question. Many times I will see a card that also shows up in the spread itself, and I give that card special importance. Also, I frequently see cards that have been chosen as significator cards for people I know, such as the King of Staves, jump out of the deck during handling when I'm asking about that person.

It happens to me so often that I consider this as part of my readings.

Love & Light

Briar Rose

I drop everything, so for me to shuffle and have them jump out doesn't mean anything to me. However, I bet for some it does mean a lot.

poivre

Jumpers for me is extra information.
I look at them just
too see what falls...

ros
:)

Annabelle

Cards almost always fall out of the deck when I'm shuffling, regardless of my shuffling method. I don't look at jumpers as anything special or significant - in fact, I usually don't look at them at all before sticking them back into the deck.

Old_Hippy_Chick

Hi Everyone

For me, I attribute importance to "jumpers" IF I'm using a smaller deck that is easier to hold and shuffle..so then if a card or two STILL flops out while I'm shuffling, I take that as a "listen up" and I include the cards in the reading.

( I don't use my Sacred Circle deck for readings because the cards are just so darned BIG. Although it's very beautiful.)

Sometimes a jumper won't make any sense to me at all at first in context with a reading,but then a few days later as events unfold more and I've had more time to think..the jumper's message will become clear to me in often very surprising ways.

So yeah, I'm a "for jumpers" person.

Hippy