Telephone tarot reading

star-lover

I just called a certain tarot line for a reading - I've used it in the past and the readings made sense

This time it made no sense whatsoever - in fact the reading related to a past situation spot on and not to the present at all and my question was what to expect in the future regards a certain matter

odd!

Perhaps the message was don't think about the future until you have resolved/digested/learnt from the past?

Do you think telephone/on-line pre-recorded readings are not to be taken seriously?

Baccus93

Pre-recorded readings? That's an odd one. I've never heard of a pre-recorded tarot reading. Do you mean that this reading was specifically designed with you in mind and recorded for you to listen to later? If so, where you current to the reading at the time it was made? Or is this like a service you subscribe to, they read for you specifically for you to listen to at your leisure?

Or is this a pre-recorded reading designed for the general public to buy into? I can't see how that would be valuable.

star-lover

it's prerecorded - you focus on your question and when you are ready you press a key on the phone and 3 cards are chosen for you by the computer - the reader then interprets each card and then all three together

the person running the service obviously has sat and recorded his interpretation of all 78 cards and THEN what i can only image is a mammoth task lol has combined all possible combinations

Alta

So, like a spoken version of on-line readings with pre-written meanings. Interesting concept. I suppose it could be interesting, though you said the meanings for the present didn't make sense.

HearthCricket

A pre-recorded reading? Yikes. No, I don't think that works, at all, IMO. What happens to what is going on now? Something pre-recorded just sounds hokey to me and certainly not personalized. Go to a live reader, via face to face or phone, etc. This sounds so far fetched and too pre-thoughout and generalized, to me.

star-lover

yes Marion, there is no positional meanings or past present future - the reading I got reflected months ago and not the present

Heathcricket, yes it does seem too general though the principle is one of synchronicity - the cards you get are right for the moment you press a number - I won't be using it again

I think I will do a reading myself:D or ask in the games section in the 1/2 card readings - they are so accurate most of the time

SunChariot

star-lover said:
it's prerecorded - you focus on your question and when you are ready you press a key on the phone and 3 cards are chosen for you by the computer - the reader then interprets each card and then all three together

the person running the service obviously has sat and recorded his interpretation of all 78 cards and THEN what i can only image is a mammoth task lol has combined all possible combinations
I honestly do not think that would work. I don't believe cards have static meanings. Their meanings change in relation to the question asked, surrounding cards...There has to be a flexibility to interpretation taht a prerecorded meaning could never offer, how could it take teh question into considersation...?

Bar

star-lover

i respected this person from other work
perhaps they were trying to make money then or are not so educated about the tarot
i hope it wasnt the former
though i feel its possible with premium rate phone lines

never mind will stick toAT