PDA

View Full Version : Collection of spreads?

Kyrielle
08-10-2002, 04:56
What if there was an area for spreads only? Or at least an index or collection of spreads (which may be labor-intensive to update, but it's worth a thought, I think)? That's what "Using Tarot Cards" is for, but sometimes I want to go spread browsing and I don't want the hassle of typing "spread" in the search field and coming up with thousands of hits.

-- Kyrielle

Pollux
08-10-2002, 05:27
We could add this in the Tarot Basics of Thirteen, or have a text section in the general Aeclectic.net site! :)

There are plenty of sites devoted to spreads, but why shouldn't we have our won space here for them? ;)

Kyrielle, great idea!

jema
08-10-2002, 06:12
i like that, we have some pretty good spread-makers here and we could feature our original spreads!
i got one or two to contribute with:)

wavebreaker
08-10-2002, 06:40
How about a separate Tarot Spreads forum? That would be easier than a text section, because that would have to be updated all the time.

Kyrielle
09-10-2002, 06:28
I posted to Lee's recent thread about Favorite Spreads about my suggestion here, so the non-subscribers and "lurkers" can be in on this a little. That post elaborates a bit more on why I think such a forum would be useful.

I am fairly new (4 months) to the forums and I'm sure there must be great spreads that have simply gotten swallowed up in the system. This could be a great way of keeping them accessible and organized.

-- Kyrielle

Keslynn
09-10-2002, 06:50
I agree! Great idea, Kyrielle! I'd be happy with either a different page or a forum, but a forum would probably be easier. Since I don't always write down good spreads until I think I'll need them, I sometimes have to hunt through tons of old threads to get it. A spreads forum would help that problem.

:) Kes

Sulis
09-10-2002, 08:04
Yep a Tarot Spreads forum would be an excellent idea. As a relative tarot novice I`m always on the look out for that spread which will become special to me.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Pollux
09-10-2002, 22:39
My suggestion of a page or a part in the "archive" was motivated by the fact that after all we have a Spread Forum, that is the "Using Tarot Cards" section.

My idea was that there we could discuss and share and see, whilst we could upload the designated spreads (on account of originality, neatness or whatever you please) into a "text" section opened on purpose by Solandia, together with the Tarot Texts or Tarot Reviews section of the Aeclectic Website.
This way the general, no-forum-bound info might also be available for people that simply browse Aeclectic and do not participate to the discussion boards, and Solandia could create a bigger tarot resources section as well.

I am averse at the idea of yet another section cos I have seen the "Tarot Spreads" sections on other forums that were not Aeclectic, and the idea that they might think "we" copied is so... ARGH!!! *LOL* After all, we are the best and OTHERS copy us... ;)

wavebreaker
10-10-2002, 00:35
I understand your idea Pollux, but the problem is: people are constantly creating new spreads, so it will be a lot of work to keep such a spreads page up to date.

A separate Spreads Forum would be a sort of compromise: no real extra work, since people can post their own spreads, but it's still easier to search, because all the spreads would be in one Forum.

Alissa
10-10-2002, 05:43
I love the idea of a Spreads forum! I've been so pleased to find what spreads I have so far, but a comprehensive (and easily updatable) list would be ever so lovely....

cricket
07-12-2002, 11:23
If nobody's done anything about this, I'd be willing. :)

I've found some extra time on my hands, and have room to do a simple site that deals with the spreads, if people would be willing to email me their individual spreads they've come up with, the name of them, etc. The best place to do that would be lynneawolfe@lycos.com (since it has the most room in the inbox) if anybody's interested. Then, when it's done, a link would go up, of course.

Pollux
07-12-2002, 20:13
MH... I still think the idea of a section on Aeclectic Tarot devoted to spreads would be better - or, as tarotlady says, a new Tarot Forum devoted to them (and moderated by Lee! :D *LOL*).
I look forward to read Solandia's ideas...

Solandia
09-12-2002, 13:22
Good suggestions - thank you all! Putting spreads up on Aeclectic Tarot as a permanent resource is quite a task (it might take a while, but I'd still like to do it!), so in the short term... there is a new Tarot Spreads forum coming very soon :)

~ Solandia

SherryZoned
09-12-2002, 13:26
Thanks Solandia!