View Full Version : I really hate

Umbrae
24-05-2007, 16:20
the new 120 delay between searches.

just an fyi.

:smoker:

The crowned one
24-05-2007, 16:32
Yes me too, but I understand the why behind it and as a non paying member I best just keep my mouth in the sealed position. ;) I assumed it was just for cheap buggers like me that it applied to. Hello server upgrade.

nicki
24-05-2007, 19:22
the new 120 delay between searches.

just an fyi.

:smoker:

LB asked the same question and below was the reply.

The forum is at times consuming more resources than the server can handle (you might have noticed some of the timeouts and slow page loading).

Until I can upgrade our server to something more powerful, I've had to put some temporary measures in place on the most server intensive activities. I'll have more info on the timing of the upgrade soon.:

Star-Willow
24-05-2007, 19:31
Well that explains it then, thank you nicki for posting that, cos I thought I may have been doing something wrong :laugh: don't know what? but none-the-less, I thought it was me :)

Alta
24-05-2007, 21:15
I am looking forward to some kind of upgrade, as no doubt many have noticed how sloooowly the pages have been loading. argh....

memries
24-05-2007, 22:06
Yes, I am pretty fast too ! lol.. oh well gives one time to think more.

6 Haunted Days
24-05-2007, 23:13
Frankly, I don't know what the big fuss is about. 2 minutes? Is one really that impatient and doing crazed searches that you can't wait just 2 minutes? Take a breather! lol

Beru
25-05-2007, 11:12
Frankly, I don't know what the big fuss is about. 2 minutes? Is one really that impatient and doing crazed searches that you can't wait just 2 minutes? Take a breather! lol

2 minutes is a looong time when your first search didn't come up with what you needed. Just saying.. :)

tabi
25-05-2007, 11:21

Yes Damnit! I skip around a lot going from one subject to the next and while I don't care for the 120 second thing. I do understand and can live with it. Only so much you can do when there is so many people in a single place and all of us from different parts of the day. :)

StellarMyst
25-05-2007, 11:27

Coffee is a wonderful thing...hehe!

gregory
02-06-2007, 07:15
I hate it too (as someone has said, not least because of when you don't find what you wanted the first time !) - but given the number of times we are getting timeouts these days - I will live with it.

Does this tie in with the hugely long maintenance session the other day ?

Roll on the upgrade. :D

Mariana
02-06-2007, 07:22
the number of times we are getting timeouts these days

Upgrade! Upgrade! (Everyone in chorus now: ...)

The only other option is starting a second forum to discuss our withdrawal symptoms: TA (tarotists anonymous).

:D

gregory
02-06-2007, 21:15
I know Solandia is doing all she can; let's don't get nasty to her or she might take her ball and go home !

I only said roll on..... :D