Do You Feel Tired????

Isarma

Hey, does any of you feel tired or dizzy next o a reading?? Or nexto to a sequence of readings?

ana luisa

If you´re pyisically tired, in pain or not grounded properly, yes you can get VERY tired. Even get headaches. Aslo, if your reading concerns a person who is going through a very troublesome phase in his/her life, it may happen.

Sakura Murasaki

Not usually. If I do, it's because I haven't been drinking enough water or didn't get enough sleep the previous night. Physical health effects your mental health, and vice versa, and that effects your readings, I think. I'm not sure if reading itself is supposed to drain you because it's never really happened to me, but I suppose that it can be mentally exhausting.

Chronata

I used to do tons of readings at events...hours without any sort of break...and while I felt energized at the time, afterwards I would collapse in a heap.
Tired, dizzy...sometimes nautious. It was a lot of the not moving, and being dehydrated that did it, I think.
Now, tarot doesn't make me tired...because I take precautions ahead of time (remembering to drink water and stretch.)

Lately,however, I have been doing other kinds of readings...expending lots more energy than normal... especially when I do art readings, and past life readings.

And yes...they exhaust me terribly...to the point that I can't do more than 3 at a time. And that's taking all the precautions I mentioned above.

So, I'm not sure what to suggest. But it does happen to me too.

miss_nikki

Yes...but it seems to make me less tired with Tarot than it does with other methods.

marablu

Hi Isarma,

I've noticed that I get more tired reading for some people than for others, I'm not really sure why.

In my case it has nothing to do with dehydration or anything like that, as I very rarely do more than a couple of readings at a time (I don't do it professionally).

I rarely get tired if I'm reading for myself. But after I've read especially for a specific friend of mine (and a specific subject), I always feel like I've been hit by a truck! I guess I ought to stop! :p But I always get at least a little tired when I'm reading for others. Also, I've noticed that after, like, the second reading in a row, the cards seem not to speak to me at all anymore. They seem to be nothing more than pretty pictures at that point, and in order to make any sense of them, I have to use a tarot book that gives set meanings.

But I am still a beginner, so I'm not worried yet.

Sinduction

I really don't believe in the grounding or purifying the cards and what not. I don't do any kind of protections when I read. I simply think that using that part of my brain just drains me. It is much the same with my premonition dreams and these weird episodes I have when someone close to me is in trouble. I am always exhausted and need a nap. Of course, it is important to take care of your body but I think using the "psychic" part of our brains is difficult on the body. I think it is much the same as learning anything by emerging yourself into it in the way that we do. Especially if you are calling on that part of your brain to assist you, which I think every tarot reader does, whether they realize it or not. Being "psychic," I call everything psychic btw if it uses knowledge not readily available to us, connects with some sort of higher power (I believe) and I am not surprised that it affects us differently than normal actions we partake in.

So, yes I do get tired but I don't mind it. I can always use an excuse for a nap. As long as you know your limits and work within them, you should be just fine. :)