PDA

View Full Version : I post a post

Ahria
02-06-2007, 07:01
and then I cant see it unless i say post another post?

Alta
02-06-2007, 08:10
Is that every time? Sometimes the first post on a new page can't be seen until someone else posts. Doesn't happen every time but surprisingly often.

Mariana
02-06-2007, 23:27
Just happened to me in the Trading forum as well.

Sophie
02-06-2007, 23:58
Same thing just happened to me in the One-card, one-sentence. I posted twice, and nothing has appeared at all. The person above has a duplicate post, so I imagine the same happened to them.

gregory
03-06-2007, 00:08
If anyone is interested - this frequently happens to me (dial-up is part of it, in this case.....) When it does, I open a new window or tab (depending what browser you are using) and check for new posts. If mine is listed there - fine (though I then go to it to check :D) If it ISN'T - THEN is the time to do it again and not get a duplicate !

Mariana
03-06-2007, 00:29
I started a thread, but after I checked it, it only showed the title of my post and not the contents. And I've checked it again (an hour later) and it says 'moved' while I'm sure it was in the right bit! I'm getting really confused... :(

Sulis
03-06-2007, 00:41
I've had to remove 2 empty threads today, one from Your Readings and one from Tarot Trading.

It seems as if the 'forum glitch' is having a busy day.

Alta
04-06-2007, 01:38
There are two different problems here. In the case Ahria describes, the post is fine, no duplicates and not empty, it is just the first post on a new page, and frustratingly cannot be seen until another post goes up. You can see the new page number in the little squares, but if you hit that page number the current page comes up again. You can resolve it by just putting up another post.

The problem with empty threads is another problem. The software posts a thread header with title but with no content. I have had to remove a couple this week myself.

They are database glitches and I suppose not easily resolved.

raeanne
06-06-2007, 00:30
Hi all,
I haven't had this problem but I was wondering if pressing the F5 key would help. F5 is the global 'refresh' key. It basically re-reads the screen. It works in any program and even out on the desktop. If you make a change and can't see it, this key can usually help. Just an idea.

Old_Hippy_Chick
07-06-2007, 22:46
I just now tried to post to a thread in Talking Tarot..and it said that my post was being posted..but it didn't show up..so I tried to send it again..and a message came up saying that the post was an duplicate..LOL..and it still isn't showing up..I tried F5...and it STILL isn't showing up..

Although when I look at the main menu of the thread,it lists me as the last poster?????...yet my post isn't showing..

Any other suggestions?? I'm about as dumb as can be when it comes to techie stuff..heh

Hippy

Grigori
07-06-2007, 23:01
I just now tried to post to a thread in Talking Tarot..and it said that my post was being posted..but it didn't show up..so I tried to send it again..and a message came up saying that the post was an duplicate..LOL..and it still isn't showing up..I tried F5...and it STILL isn't showing up..

Although when I look at the main menu of the thread,it lists me as the last poster?????...yet my post isn't showing..

Any other suggestions?? I'm about as dumb as can be when it comes to techie stuff..heh

Hippy

I can see your post now Hippy. I guess it is fashionably late :D
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=80926&page=3

Old_Hippy_Chick
07-06-2007, 23:41
I clicked on your link..but I still don't see my latest post there...sigh..it was the most recent one I posted in that thread..one thanking a couple other folks for info they had shared..oh well...

gregory
07-06-2007, 23:44
Try clearing your cache - and make sure your browser actually knows you are on line...

firemaiden
08-06-2007, 02:10
We had this issue before. It has nothing to do with people's individual caches - it is a problem with the forum. Last time it happened, I believe it was an issue with the forum clock.

Ahria
08-06-2007, 02:21
I have the issue on and off, I my cache clean and I refresh properly I hate clearing cookies because it means I lose alot other sites.