What do you think of this idea.

dadsnook2000

I have had an idea in mind for our fall studies -- the summer is slow for postings and extensive discussions here on AT (sorry, southern latitude members). I am thinking of putting our data, or a portion of it, into a simple spreadsheet for the purpose of comparing those of us who have similar configurations.

For example, if we were to discuss Sun-Moon combinations using house positions, we might not that six of our listed members had this specific house placements. We could see how similar, and how different, they each were and would be able to learn more about the practice of astrology. We would all learn from real-world examples.

I'd like some feedback on this before preparing for this type of exercise. Dave

squeakmo9

This sounds fascinating Dave, I'm all for it and would participate as best as I can.

franniee

I would love that Dave! I would welcome an opportunity to learn from real world examples etc.... i am always trying to do that on my own but it would be great as a group!

please count me in. thanks.
:love:
f

star-lover

good idea
i would join in
i remember a thread where i was saying my family emigrated from their country - it was on jupiter in the 4th house - due to civil war and someone posted theirs had done the same for the same reasons

good idea

Barbaras Ahajusts

Most definantly, please do!

Barb

stardancer

Count me in.

ninashita

that sounds very interesting! I'll love to be in!

faerylvr

I would love to participate.

dadsnook2000

Update

I have established that my primary astrological software program (I have many) will take chart files and create database files which I can use with MS Excel to sort and group by various characteristics. So, sometime in the next several weeks I will be creating charts for all those who have listed their data and will then convert some of that data for the purposes noted at the start of this thread.

Over time we can explore Sun Signs, Moon Signs, Sun-Moon phase relationships, Sun in houses, Moon in houses, and other factors. The point of all of this is to find those with similar factors and have them comment on the commonality and differences of their shared factors. In this way everyone can have a different way to learn and appreciate astrology. Any suggestions or comments by list members will be welcome. Dave

EDITED TO ADD: I will probably limit the list to 72 database entries. We have over 50 entries now. The number 72 will, on average, give us six list members to compare for each factor -- 72 divided by 12 equals 6. This will make the discussion manageable, although as many as wish can comment, there will only be about six or so list member's comments to review and consider. Dave