Tarot skills getting better while others worsen?

Pao

hello all :)

I was wondering today I feel like I am doing better w/ tarot readings and soon hope to offer some for feedback. My intuition really seems to blossom at times and I hear the msg clearly. but i noticed today that while that area is improving (maybe its just me) it seems like the others are "leaving me". Like i dont hear my angels as loud as I used to or my other psychic abilities are i duno in a flunk. Maybe it just me but have any of you gone thru this before? as you get better w tarot the other abilities either worsen or get better? I thought i'd be able to incorporate all together but now i feel like hey where did the others go??

sorry if this doesnt go here. feel free to delete, but i was wondering.

mysticmonkey

Pao said:
hello all :)

I was wondering today I feel like I am doing better w/ tarot readings and soon hope to offer some for feedback. My intuition really seems to blossom at times and I hear the msg clearly. but i noticed today that while that area is improving (maybe its just me) it seems like the others are "leaving me". Like i dont hear my angels as loud as I used to or my other psychic abilities are i duno in a flunk. Maybe it just me but have any of you gone thru this before? as you get better w tarot the other abilities either worsen or get better? I thought i'd be able to incorporate all together but now i feel like hey where did the others go??
Maybe those things are naturally taking a back seat for a bit while you concentrate on your readings.
It would shift your focus too much otherwise. You need to hone in on the readings for a bit and then I'm sure these other elements will come into play if they are supposed to. :)

$0.02

tarot4fun

Hi Pao,
You know it's true that whatever you give your attention to grows stronger. That being said, you also know that even though you don't seem to hear your angels' voices as loud as you used to ... they are with you always. :heart:
You are going through a spiritual growth spurt! It repuires faith and no short way around it ...
Happy journey!
Blessings~

Another 2 cents :D

Pao

aw thank you guys! yes it seems a bit scary and difficult b/c i duno what's next. I just didnt want my other skills to dissapear completely and hope that that wasnt happening. i guess only time will tell. ~sigh~

Sophie

You won't lose skills you have put time and energy into :) (unless they require physical input - muscles loose practice far quicker than brain!)

They are - as catbaloo wrote - taking a backseat, to allow you to develop new skills. But they are still there, available when you need them, and eventually, all your skills will benefit from each other, including your evolving tarot skills - you won't know how (because that's your brain doing it's job ;)) - but it will happen.

Great news about your tarot progress!

Pao

thanx Fudu for yuor view! i do hope they come back and I can incorporate all gifts together and be of more help :D but i do feel unfomfortable in this time of uncertainty....

Deacon76

I've noticed this same phenomenon myself. As I've been studying Tarot, and now Reiki as well, things that I used to do more of seem to be taking a back seat. Especially my writing. It's been months since I've completed a story. But I'm pretty comfortable with that. As others have said, what you're focussing on tends to take up the bulk of your time and energy. As you become more comfortable with Tarot, you'll be able to synthesize it with your other skills and talents. At least that's what I'm hoping happens for me!

Pao

me toooo I havent written in agesss. i feel like my inspiration went out the window lol but with what everyone has said I assume this is the natural order of things so....wait i must! :)

Seafra

When I'm using the cards a lot (I'm a binge reader) I find my psychic awareness gets heightened and my ability to stay in the moment strengthens BUT I can't write. My personal journal turns into a tarot journal to the point that I'll sometimes write in a card name to represent my feelings/situation rather than long-hand an entry.

Off topic, but posting this reply reminds me of a recent job interview I had -- when the interviewer asked how I handled stress I simply blurted out the meaning of the Wheel of Fortune, both upright and reversed of course, and without mentioning the card at all. She was rather impressed. Didn't have the skills for the job, but it was one of my best interviews ever! So, maybe working on tarot skills plays with my language skills, too. - Sea