Tarot to communicate with the er...un-alive.

rissa

I wonder if it could be any different from communicating with the universe as a whole, since answers are answers, and wisdom is wisdom...

But if you wanted to speak with someone in particular for their viewpoint?

Anyone do it? I'm trying to understand what kind of dimensions and layers it could give readings, or even if it offers new possibilities in readings.

Grizabella

I don't know whether it's possible to contact the dead using tarot, but I've asked the cards "If my late husband could give me a message through these cards, what would it be?" and gotten such a startling answer that I'm forever impressed. :) I used the Waking the Wild Spirit tarot for that, but I don't believe that means any particular deck would be better than another or that the Wild Spirit is the one that would be best. I just happened to be using that one when I asked.

a_shikhs

It is possible to communicate with the dead with the help of tarot. I've contacted my aunt's deceased father-in-law and got the perfect message she wanted from him. Then I've contacted my friend's deceased mother who got her out of her depression through tarot. I've had wonderful experiences communicating with deceased ones in order to help their loved ones.

Al Si'ra

Ok but then how do we know if it is our loved ones and not subconscious/universe/conscious/guıides talking..I mean i have tried to communicate with the guides of a living friend to get a better understanding of the situation..but i can never be sure if it is me doing the talking or them doing the talk..

:love:
xx

rissa

Encouraging. I'm wanting to try this, but I'm not actually sure why it would be different than a normal reading.

What do you guys think is gained by channeling your questions through the dead? I mean, why NOT just ask the universe directly? What's your philosophy behind it?

a_shikhs

Al Si'ra said:
Ok but then how do we know if it is our loved ones and not subconscious/universe/conscious/guıides talking..I mean i have tried to communicate with the guides of a living friend to get a better understanding of the situation..but i can never be sure if it is me doing the talking or them doing the talk..

:love:
xx
Good question but I don't really have the answer to that. lol.. I remember when I first contacted my aunt's FIL, she asked him something very personal about their family business in her mind, and when I gave her the answer, she was quite shocked at the accuracy. And when she went home to check, it was in that exact same place as I had mentioned. So I was quite sure that it was her father-in-law speaking as we asked him a few more questions and he answered them really accurately. And then he told her that he would give her a sign that he was happy in the spirit world. And when she went home, she could smell his favourite perfume in his room as a sign that he was safe and happy.

Glass Owl

Solitaire* said:
I don't know whether it's possible to contact the dead using tarot, but I've asked the cards "If my late husband could give me a message through these cards, what would it be?" and gotten such a startling answer that I'm forever impressed. :)
I've had a similar experience using the cards and just like you, I wasn't necessarily trying to use the cards to contact my late father, I just to see if they could tell me anything.

This all started one night about two years ago when I was sitting on the corner of the sofa (I was up and couldn't sleep at all..I was worried about something) and all of a sudden I felt someone place a strong hand on my shoulder. I felt the pressure "or squeeze" for several seconds and then it was gone. Even before I turned around, I knew it wasn't my husband. It "felt" like my dad. It was very reassuring, like he was saying "I'm here." I didn't sense a presence coming or going either--just the hand.

This experience wouldn't leave my mind. So I decided to do a spread on it a few months later using the New Palladini deck. It was a deck I hadn't used before but I felt drawn to using it. I used Thirteen's World spread about finding a missing person; however, I changed the 5th card slightly to be just "advice or more information" and added a 6th "message" card. The cards were spot on. In fact, in the position for "where he is emotionally/psychologically" I got the four of swords which makes sense because he is resting in his grave. It could also refer to the fact that before he died he was recovering from serious injuries, including brain damage that had affected his personality.

But the most telling was the last card--the message card. It was the King of Rods. It wasn't until I picked up the card and really looked at it that I gasped. There is image of a roaring lion on the upper sleeve of the King's. My father's totem was a lion--he even wore a lion ring which he had had for as long as I can remember. I felt as if it was a sign from the universe telling me that my dad is beside me when I need him.

I have also had another thing happen that I think was my late father interacting with me. I personally don't think he did anything to the cards though--I think it was me just tapping into either my own knowledge or that I was connecting with universal knowledge.

prudence

Solitaire* said:
I don't know whether it's possible to contact the dead using tarot, but I've asked the cards "If my late husband could give me a message through these cards, what would it be?" and gotten such a startling answer that I'm forever impressed. :)
I have had the same experiences when I have tried similar readings.

BLFO

I have contacted the dead twice with tarot. One with my cousin and another recently with an associate whose grandfather past. It was telling. I used the Gilded Tarot deck and asked the grandfather what should be his inheritance. Well, I got the Devil. The Devil card is a sexy man with a great stripper body who is wearing a helmet the shape bulls head. And fire is rising from the floor that hides his lower part of his body in order to cover his naughty bits. So all I thought about was hell (with all the fire around his body) = Heat= Heaters.

His grandfather owned a heating company. So that was his inheritance that his grandfather wanted him to have.

I even asked his grandfather how does the afterlife seem like and I got the Fools card. My Fools from the Gilded Tarot looks kind of fantastical and the fool is wearing lots of bright colors and different patterns on his outfit. The card just looks trippy. So I thought that he was saying that the afterlife is nothing comparable to earth, like he can't explain. It's just fantastically weird or different. I get the impression like it is like Alice In Wonderland, Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory or The Beatle's Yellow Submarine.

LOL

What was spooky was that I gave him this reading the night his family completed his obituary for the newspaper. I wasn't aware that his family was doing this so early in the death. (like a 2nd day he passed) I asked his grandfather that how does he want his grandfather to remember him. I got 5 Cups. I knew that he didn't want his grandather to see him as a disappointment. So I thought maybe a loss that his grandfather can get over in time (since there are 2 cups left standing to take). But that didn't seem right to me. A few hours later I was just thinking about it. The man in the Gilded Tarot is not standing looking down at the spilled cups, but he was on his knees weeping by the spilled cups. And I got to thinking, what other reason would a person be down on his knees where his clasp hands are near his face?....thinking...thinking...thinking...somenone is on his knees while IN PRAYER!!!

So his grandfather wanted me to tell his grandson to think of him as a praying man, a devout man, a man of God. After I got it, I sent him the email. When I woke up in the morning someone who was not aware that I sent him the reading showed me an online newspaper site where the Obituary was printed and I read it. It said that the named person was a DEVOUT CHRISTIAN and he did a lot of charity work at his church and other organizations.

What got me was I thought of the word Devout and they mentioned Devout with him in the obituary. It spooked me.

BLFO

rissa said:
Encouraging. I'm wanting to try this, but I'm not actually sure why it would be different than a normal reading.

What do you guys think is gained by channeling your questions through the dead? I mean, why NOT just ask the universe directly? What's your philosophy behind it?

I asked the dead directly. I am not sure if the dead can see us or not. Maybe they can since they are in spirit and I assume that spirit, like energy can be wherever they want. I mean, you hear about ghosts haunting people.

So if they can be with us, I think maybe they may still have feelings and you don't want to ask the Universe on them, because that would be too detached. I would ask for them personally. It would be the same as someone asking you how you were doing, but they are not looking at you in the face, but looking at the sky asking the Universe how you were doing when you are right there for them to look at you!