Hmm, I can't read for my friend!

miss_nikki

Hello!

So, I have this weird thing going on and I was wondering if you all ever experienced this yourself.

I just cannot read Tarot for my best friend right now. Stone drop readings come through great. But no matter what I do, her card readings are garbled and don't make sense.

I have considered that I am just not able to read well yet, but this only happens with her. All the cards were reversed one reading, when 99% of the other cards on the deck were upright. It gave positive cards for cons and negative cards for pros one reading. And it gave negative outcome for if it's own advice was folllowed the next!

I tried cleansing my cards, clearing my mind, etc. And all the readings before and after come out clear...and hers don't.

I am wondering if they are saying, we don't want to get involved. Or, if her situation is so crazy (it is) that they just can't say anything for sure.

Am I nuts? Has this ever happened to you? And if so, was there anything helpful you could do about it? Or just take a hint and not try for a while?

Thenameis

Hello.
I was thinking that perhaps a part of her don't want to be read. When I received my cards a few years ago I wanted to practice and I was bothering everybody in my family and my boyfriend at the time for me to read for them. They did not really wanted to be read but they would say yes to make me happy. I always had the feeling that it was reflected in the cards.
Now I make sure that I only read when someone ask me.

I was thinking. Have you asked the cards about this situation. I would be curious to know what would be the reply.
Thenameis

Skysteel

Hello miss_nikki!
- :)

miss_nikki said:
It gave positive cards for cons and negative cards for pros one reading.

No card is wholly negative or wholly positive.

miss_nikki said:
I am wondering if they are saying, we don't want to get involved. Or, if her situation is so crazy (it is) that they just can't say anything for sure.

Am I nuts? Has this ever happened to you? And if so, was there anything helpful you could do about it? Or just take a hint and not try for a while?

Yeah, I think your subconscious is giving you a hint.

Alta

I tend to agree with Thenameis. Your friend doesn't want to be read right now. Either she is hiding something from herself, or you or both, or she has areas in her life she just doesn't want to examine too closely right now.

I think you have to respect that.

miss_nikki

I am sorry I didn't specify, she has been asking me for the readings :) I don't read on someone that doesn't ask me to.

We have been trying to figure it out together.

I could ask the cards, that's a very good idea...

Alta

miss_nikki said:
I am sorry I didn't specify, she has been asking me for the readings...
And I am sorry I wasn't more clear. I did get from your first post that she had been asking you. Amazing the way the mind can work, asking but not wanting to know. I didn't mean you weren't respecting her, but that you should respect what the cards are telling you and suggest that maybe you should talk about the issues and not read until things are clearer.

miss_nikki

That's what I was thinking. I do stone drop readings, and those are coming out clear and are very helpful. They aren't specific like Tarot though. So perhaps that's the point :)

balenciaga

Trying to Hold Back a Little

I have known lots of people who go to get a reading and then cannot be read. It is frustrating for both parties. I agree with everyone here who said your friend has, at the very least, mixed feelings about being read. As if your friend wants to know some things, while keeping other things hidden, private. And you will notice the cards reversing themselves when there is ambiguity or blocked energy. :|

ray of light

miss_nikki said:

I think it could be either one of those, or maybe it's just not the right time.

My best friend read for me about a trip and half the reading was very clear and the rest it was garbled. She asked why and it just wasn't the right time.

miss_nikki

Just to update :)...

We had a great general reading yesterday that just flowed and made a lot of sense. Beforehand, we decided we'd ask for just a general reading - whatever advice the cards felt was pertinent to give. Also we decided if the first reading was off then we'd leave them alone for a little while. And it worked!

So, having had the experience now, I think that for many reasons I can speculate, the cards were either unwilling or unable to give a reading at that time, either for her life or because of the questions we were asking. ANd if that ever happens again, I will know to leave things alone for a little while, and probably make my question different.

Thanks for the input :D