"Give us our daily spread". . .

FIDELIO

As a beginner I am still taking the advice from a previous answered post which was basically "walk don't run".
I am continuing with my studies from three different sources(books)
plus the helpful suggestions from this wonderful forum.

My concern is; as I keep a journal with my daily one card reading (to help with insight and becoming familiar with each card, each day).
I'm wondering how do I handle a question needing insight (for myself);
that wants a direct a answer/outcome/direction concerning the situation?

Do I use a three card spread? Or do I still use just one card.
(since I am not ready for the Celtic cross)?
Is it proper to ask in a reading what the outcome is to be with using just one card?
Or should it be interpreted by using the final (3rd) future card in a three card spread?

Also when I stop mixing the cards and decide to cut; is the cut done by taking the short ends(top & bottom) or by the long sides of the deck?

How hope this was not confusing,
LOL
Fidelio

Skysteel

Hi, Fidelio.
- :)

FIDELIO said:
As a beginner I am still taking the advice from a previous answered post which was basically "walk don't run". I am continuing with my studies from three different sources(books) plus the helpful suggestions from this wonderful forum.

My concern is; as I keep a journal with my daily one card reading (to help with insight and becoming familiar with each card, each day). I'm wondering how do I handle a question needing insight (for myself); that wants a direct a answer/outcome/direction concerning the situation?

How would you have handled it before you started studying the Tarot?

BodhiSeed

FIDELIO
When I began using the tarot, very specific layouts seemed to hinder rather than help me. I kept trying to squeeze specific meanings into each card position. I now use a more "open" type of spread that allows me to use my intuition more. I call it "What Surrounds Me Today." The layout is five cards in the shape of an "X". The card in the center represents "me" for the day, and the cards at the corners represent people, situations or even my moods, thoughts or actions. I write down the cards and whatever comes to mind about their meanings. Later, in the evening, I review the cards and what I wrote to see if I can learn anything else (hindsight :D).
Cutting the deck is a personal thing; do whatever feels good/right for you.

Good luck,
Bodhran

Alta

FIDELIO said:
My concern is; as I keep a journal with my daily one card reading (to help with insight and becoming familiar with each card, each day).
I'm wondering how do I handle a question needing insight (for myself);
that wants a direct a answer/outcome/direction concerning the situation?
Hi Fidelio, Three cards are always useful and allow you to look at the question in different ways, with the same cards.

Lay your three cards and think of them as:

Situation, Challenges; Advice

Where the problem came from, how it is acting now, likely future if nothing is done

Put yourself in the middle and look at the influences around how you act on the problem.

You can use the same cards for layered meaning or do different draws.
Is it proper to ask in a reading what the outcome is to be with using just one card?
Yes, you can draw a lot of meaning out of just one card by spending some time with it.
Or should it be interpreted by using the final (3rd) future card in a three card spread?
Also can be done this way, I have used both methods.
Also when I stop mixing the cards and decide to cut; is the cut done by taking the short ends(top & bottom) or by the long sides of the deck?
Whatever feels comfortable. I grasp the middle of the card, nearer the sides, but that is just the way I learned, not essential.

And no, keep asking whatever puzzles or worries you.

Marion