Horoscope: Help or Harm?

tabi

I was speaking to one of my regular customers the other day about how he reads his horoscope everyday.

So I asked: Oh, when were you born? since having some working knowledge of the zodiac and birth signs, I know not to go solely on what they offer in the paper/newsites as actual days.

He responses with: I'm an Aquarius.

After having to explain why and how reading the horoscopes can not always be very accurate and that they are also for hundreds (thousands) of other people born under the same sign. He shrugs and goes: Oh well, as if it is a joke.

I'm left with this question:

Are horoscopes doing damage then good?

Most people play them off as a joke but when they are done right they are dead on scary. The more people I talk to them more they seem to be: Yeah right you can't take that stuff seriously. Which given it's current formatting I can see why. But, you would think that with something that was so respectable for so long, it wouldn't have the door slammed shut, simply because people think it can't be taken seriously.

If it couldn't be taken serious; why the hell is it still around after how many years?!

Viper_05

the ones on the net and the ones in hte paper for the masses i dont take seriously as much as if say i had one personally for me only

Grigori

Actually I think it is the other way around. Serious astrology was pretty much dead, and was revived, at least in modern western culture, as a conseqence the inclusion of Sun sign astrology in magazines etc.

So I'd say it does more good than harm, cause if it wasn't there, none of us would interested in astrology, it would be a pretty much dead art, in all variations.

As to how has Sun sign astrology stayed around. Its fast, anyone can look themselves up in seconds, and its an amusing distraction, that can be forgotten as quickly and easily as the comics on the adjoining page. And its cheaper than paying a journalist to write something else to fill up the page...

paradoxx

Astrology is a form of diviniation, but it's not exactly like watching where a bird would land or how ants act during odd weather, The human mind processes informaiton outside the basic realms of understanding, and then places it into artistic format for some (not all) to understand. This leads to ahit or miss relation to readily available horoscopes, but the internet has refined that with websites like www.thecosmicpath.com www.freewillastrology.com (nuff said there) www.daykeeperjournal.com and with sites like www.througnightsfire.com www.tarotforum.net and www.lunarliving.com we can prepare ourselves and learn how to interpret the overall messages being portrayed.

tabi

Thank you for all of the great websites, I'm going off to read and look around a bit. :)