Mexican Loteria Cards

Little Baron

Anyone use these?

There is a great Mexican shop nearbly; full of colour - like a rainbow. And they have sets of Mexican Loteria cards there, which they use to decorate the walls and boxes and make art with. They are quiute cheap. Does anyone use them as an oracle?

LB

gregory

No time to search just now - but there is at least one thread here with posts about them..........

Little Baron

gregory said:
No time to search just now - but there is at least one thread here with posts about them..........

Thanks Gregory.

I will check that out.

LB

Chronata

Hey LB!
I know there's at least one thread...but I don't know how extensive it is!

I love reading them!

It started quite by accident, actually...

I was doing "angel readings" for a bed and breakfast, and there was always a long line, so I decided to use the lotteria as my "take a number" cards, so I could read for everyone on first come first serve basis.

and when they came up and handed me their number...all sorts of ideas flashed in my head...about what that card meant for them!

So I would do a quick reading before the actual reading!

I don't actually know too many people who read them the way I do.
I have a friend who reads tarot from mexico, who laughs at me when I say I read the "bingo cards". I think she's missing out!

I have also seen the lotteria cards used in little altars and talismans at a lot of funky art galleries!

Disa

I actually think I may have these somewhere in the house. They were a gift from my mother to my daughter- I'll have to find them becaue I never really paid much attn to them before.

Thanks for the reminder,

Disa

Barbaras Ahajusts

I saw them at Walmart along with the placemats at one point, last year. I should have gotten them, but told myself to quit wanting everything that pulls me to it...well with the exception of blessings, happiness and a beautiful smile!:D

:heart:Barb

gregory

LB - run a search here on loteria - "search entire posts". There are SEVERAL threads - I just got around to trying. I was going to tell you about the one I remembered but there are too many ! You'll have company !

northsea

I've only played the Mexican bingo game. But I wondered if people use them for divination.

rainwolf

I've seen them a lot when I go to mexico, and I thought the same thing many times. I thought it was an oracle at first until i read it was a game, but i'm happy to see others have used it as an oracle. They are interesting pictures and making a system out of them would be a lot of fun!