PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Retrograde: June 15-July 9 in Cancer

GoddessArtemis
16-06-2007, 17:27
Not again! I knew something was wrong when both my home phone and cell phone kept acting up!

So we're in Merc retro (again) with it in Cancer, we're to focus on our feelings and understanding our inner workings.

As an aside, I also find that when Merc goes retro, my tarot reading becomes horribly confusing...like a foreign language I never learned.

Thoughts?

GA

P.S. See follow-up thread here: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=82655

Embla
16-06-2007, 17:56
Oh no, not again!!!! I find that when Mercury is in retrograde it always affects me deeply. Communication is difficult, there is always potential for unnecessary misunderstandings, e-mail messes up, technical things behave oddly.... Perhaps it can be seen as a gift this time when it is in cancer if you accept the challenge of taking close care of your emotions and inner workings?

But...why does it always last so long????

tarot4fun
17-06-2007, 02:20
Staying grounded~

:heart:

frelkins
17-06-2007, 05:21
really? My husband has been telling me that I've been snappish for the past few days. So I started back on the bach flowers. . . .

paradoxx
17-06-2007, 05:41
A few things I have noticed so far:

Space Shuttle Atlantis and the Space Station glitches
Tarotforum being upgraded
some apartments being renovated
a copy machine at work not working properly

Since i was born during a mercury retrograde, this should be interesting.

LixiPixi
17-06-2007, 05:50
I was just reading about this the other day. It suggested to locate which house Cancer was in in your birth chart. This will be the area (the one the house represents) that will be affected most during this retrograde phase.

I must remember to go look this up!

LP~

P.S. HA!! I just realized why my husband's paycheck didn't show up in the mail yesterday or today like it was supposed to! Oh lordy.....

YDM42
17-06-2007, 08:53
I am experiencing similar, dropped calls off the cuff- just crazy crazy communication interferences. Not just cell phone, but land line, cable- internet and email.

LixiPixi
17-06-2007, 14:30
Yep - I have two more mishaps to add to the list.....a neighbor loaned us (yes, loaned) a garbage disposal (ours has been broken since we moved in two months ago and the 2nd half of our sink has been unuasable to this day) and today, also loaned us a window air conditioner (we have skylights in the living room and it gets VERY warm in here during the afternoon hours) just this afternoon. So far, the garbage disposal doesn't "fit" properly without added plumbing necessities, and yep, you guessed it, the A/C unit doesn't seem to be putting a dent into the temperature of the living area.

Mercury retrograde ends when??? (LOL)

LP~

star-lover
18-06-2007, 00:26
2 things for me here

reluctance to tackle talking about awkward feelings that may have gone on for a while

computer playing silly games

be glad when its over

the station means its a good time to sort these problems out

i don't fear rx's anymore

i find them constructive - as if they are saying sort out the backlog and you will be fine

Embla
18-06-2007, 02:22
Thank you for that perspective star-lover, I do want to be able to sort out the backlog and make things better. Today has been very difficult, huge conflict with a shop-owner who refused to take back a jacket they had washed for me and then destroyed the quality of, and then more conflicts with friends and family, and at the cash register my card wasn´t accepted and I had to show ID as if I was some kind of criminal. I really hope all these things come up to the surface to be dealt with and regenerated into useful positivity!

Whitestar
18-06-2007, 02:47
Mercury retrograde is usually a nice time for me...I finish up old projects, and often am in touch with people I haven't been in a loong time.

But this time, complete awfulness....people I care about (not just one either, many!) have *completely* forgotten about me, and I absolutely CANNOT get in touch with them via phone, email, nothing...can't do this happily until July 9...

What the heck!!!!!

Whitestar

Indigo Rose
18-06-2007, 06:11
I feel really emotional and very rebellious these past few days; like I'm a prisoner fantasizing about a jail break. Communications are not flowing for me as well, and I want to do something really radical.})

Don't know if that's Mercury RX or not...but it sure is making me stir crazy. :bugeyed:

paradoxx
19-06-2007, 03:52
the restlessness could be from mercury not making any strong aspects right now, a waning inconjunct to Jupiter (financial issues) and a trine to the north node (communication about the future and past might go awry and move in directions at first unforeseen).

Indigo Rose
20-06-2007, 06:41
the restlessness could be from mercury not making any strong aspects right now, a waning inconjunct to Jupiter (financial issues) and a trine to the north node (communication about the future and past might go awry and move in directions at first unforeseen).

Ok, that makes sense. :) Thank you.

Alectra
22-06-2007, 12:36
So I was on the forum reading this post and didn't think anything of it.

Until I started trying to record and started having serious issues with the levels on the recorder.

And now the really strange thing. I just got a new cell phone like 10 days ago everything was working fine. I switched carriers ok so far nothing strange. Well two days ago my text messages to people were not going through. And Somehow my texts are going to some woman in Washington State. She actually called me and told me. I dont know this woman and our cell phone numbers are nothing alike. Anyways Verizon still has no idea what is wrong with my phone and why all my outgoing text are being ported to this other person.

AAHHHHHH make it stop its making me a crazy woman!

A~

LixiPixi
22-06-2007, 15:30
:lightbulb I wonder if this has something to do with the difficulty I'm having reading my cards lately?? :lightbulb

LP~

Alectra
22-06-2007, 15:46
My tarot readings have not made any sense lately either. I must be really affected with mercurys position in my chart.

A~

Pao
23-06-2007, 00:12
omg thats whats going on???!! i have been having a hard time communicating my true thoughts and feelings with others. i am extremely irritable. my parents did just re piant the kitchen. and nothing seems to be making sense!
wow who knew lol

Sophie
23-06-2007, 05:58
I usually do quite well during these periods, and welcome the chance to go over old ground and do some introspection. But I try and cover it as lightly as I can ;)

I'm finding some odd things this Merc rx : some communications difficulties with people I usually get on very easily with - nothing drastic, mainly crossed wires. But alongside that, some recent communication failures have completely cleared up, and thoughts are being shared easily again, in a lighter way than before (emotional heaviness seems to have gone). So a mixed result for me. No equipment failure, lost email, etc. so far.

.traveller.
23-06-2007, 08:36
So far at work, two computer crashes, one power supply failure, the internet provider we use had a major crash which left us without access for two days, an entire power grid failed that left most of the merchants (including the Mall and us) without power for several hours, the air conditioning is on the fritz, and the other forum I belong to had an upgrade and now no longer remembers me so I have to log in everytime I visit. My computer has locked up about four times in the past week, and family conversations have been filled with tension.
Overall, things are much better than the last time Mercury went retro... it was really bad that time.

paradoxx
23-06-2007, 12:27
mercury retro has not yet conjuncted the sun as of yet, this occurs very quickly as mercury is moving his quickest and in combust to the solar center. what we go through now will affect us for the next 9 weeks to come, it's going to be a weird time to be in call center environment.

right now, at the beginning of the last week of june, neptune and Saturn are opposing eachother, big things are on the horizon, but they may not pan out the way that the powers that be are going to be intending. That just might be how the finale presented itself

Sophie
23-06-2007, 19:32
When is Mercury rx conjuncting the Sun?

I was born when Mercury was retrograde, and conjuncting the Sun, so I don't see this as a bad sign at all in my life, quite the opposite ;)

I'd be interested to find out if other natal Mercury rx have an easier time of it too. I have rarely bad experiences of Mercury rx, and often very positive ones, despite occasional communication hassles. As I said, this time, a few crossed wires so far.

Indigo Rose
24-06-2007, 08:38
mercury retro has not yet conjuncted the sun as of yet, this occurs very quickly as mercury is moving his quickest and in combust to the solar center. what we go through now will affect us for the next 9 weeks to come, it's going to be a weird time to be in call center environment.

right now, at the beginning of the last week of june, neptune and Saturn are opposing eachother, big things are on the horizon, but they may not pan out the way that the powers that be are going to be intending. That just might be how the finale presented itself

I have been hit by a wave of major depression. It sort of just came over me. Here I am wondering if it's all related to the Mercury Rx....both my Natal and Lunar charts are ruled by Mercury and it seems to be a prominent planet of influence for me.

In other news, our electronics have had some glitches. My computer monitor is going gunny bags; looks like an hourglass. Both of our DVD players are now skipping...they were just fine a few weeks ago. :(

As for the powers that be....I feel there is a calm before the storm right now on the world scene; but the storm is coming.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the Astro weather Paradoxx. :)

:heart: indigo rose

frelkins
24-06-2007, 12:23
sorry to hear about that, indigo rose. when i feel depressed for a bit, i always try bach flowers: http://www.edwardbach.org/research_masi.htm.

if that doesn't work, i go to the doctor. major depression may take therapy or other treatments. good luck to you :)

paradoxx
24-06-2007, 12:38
mercury and the sun conjunct on the 27th, at which point Venus and Saturn will be opposing Neptune, our restrictions of financial realities will be countered with imagination and intuition.

WhiteRaven
24-06-2007, 15:33
When is Mercury rx conjuncting the Sun?

I was born when Mercury was retrograde, and conjuncting the Sun, so I don't see this as a bad sign at all in my life, quite the opposite ;)

I'd be interested to find out if other natal Mercury rx have an easier time of it too. I have rarely bad experiences of Mercury rx, and often very positive ones, despite occasional communication hassles. As I said, this time, a few crossed wires so far.

I have natal Mercury rx, and this too is a very good time for me.

Indigo Rose
25-06-2007, 09:14
sorry to hear about that, indigo rose. when i feel depressed for a bit, i always try bach flowers: http://www.edwardbach.org/research_masi.htm.

if that doesn't work, i go to the doctor. major depression may take therapy or other treatments. good luck to you :)

Thank you for the link to Bach flowers, and for the advice. :)

I feel better today. I think it's just one of those passing phases.

Blessings~

:heart: indigo rose

Pao
27-06-2007, 23:51
i noticed that everyone around me lately seems to be going thru something or says everything is falling apart, like the plans they had now all of the sudden fell apart and it seems to be from one day to the next a nd all of the sudden, you think it can be mercury?? i duno what else it could be and its too much of a coincidence that everyone i know or ocme in contact with complains of the same thing...hmm...

Baccus93
28-06-2007, 02:44
First of all, when it comes to astrology, my understanding of Transits are that they represent influences that are outside you, going on around. Directions, on the other hand, are the movements we should look for about what can be taking place within us.

Mercury retro is like when all the Mercury stuff starts to look or move backwards. Go figure! It conjuncts the Sun today and my Website goes down. Grrrrr. And every Merc retro, my number of readings requested drops dramatically - it's like some unknown super famous astrologer is wontonly telling people "don't conduct business matters over the phone, and expect communications to get muddled and confusing - this wouldn't be a good time to sign contracts." Huey! It would be a good time to learn to listen attentively, dot your "I"s and cross your "T"s.