PDA

View Full Version : Sorry-very basic question re Libra

On a clear day
19-06-2007, 18:58
Can someone tell me do Librans have trouble making their minds up about something-no matter how big or small?
My youngest daughter is a Libran and is driving me nuts! Lol!
My husband and oldest daughter are both Gemini and can make their minds up quite quickly except for my husband when it comes to parking the car if there is more than one space available-he just can't decide! Lol!
Back to youngest daughter - she can never choose which book, cake, outfit, ANYTHING! I am Virgo and am the only earth sign in the household-surrounded by Libra, Gemini, Cancer and Leo! Help!!

BrightEye
19-06-2007, 20:15
Can someone tell me do Librans have trouble making their minds up about something-no matter how big or small?
Yes, they do, take it from another Libra. But once they've made up their mind, there's no going back for them (so they say).

dadsnook2000
19-06-2007, 22:29
Shakespeare probably wrote his "To be or not to be" line for a Libra-like model. It can be a terrible inconvenience to go to a restaurant with a Libra as they always want to be the last to order and then still can't make a decision. This indecisiveness is well known -- but, don't expect it to apply to every Libra. Like so much of the Sun-Sign body of knowledge, it doesn't always apply. Dave

ChangeMyMind
19-06-2007, 23:28
im a libra and i can tell you why i do it.

it is because we want to make the PERFECT decision and we dont want any regrets. like what BrightEye said, we dont go back.

however, because we consider every single possiblity before making up our minds, we take a long time, and people around us becomes irritated and impatient "why cant you just hurry up and decide!!"

but has your libra daughter ever go back on her decision?

Enchanted
19-06-2007, 23:30
In a word YES!

I lived with a Libra for 10 years, I once bought him a coffee mug that had cute little dog on it that had "decisions? decisions?" written on it as a joke, but it is really true.

My Libra was very airy though, Libra, Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus and a Gemini Ascendent.

Don't talk to me about car park spaces! :D Can you drive around that much, is walking a bit further that bad???

Seriously, I think it is because they (gross generalisation) see things from both sides, they see the good and the bad sides of each decision, and if in their mind if it is weighing up at 50/50, impossible decision for them.

On the other hand, they like their nice things, extravagant purchases can be made in the blink of an eye, if it is the object of their desire. Only they'll go back and beat themselves up for being extravagant later.

But that is just my personal experience living with a Libra. Bless 'em! :) Scary part is... after awhile it rubs off on you! :D

ChangeMyMind
19-06-2007, 23:38
yeah we are 50/50 on both sides because we like to be objective :D

On a clear day
20-06-2007, 01:27
My Libran daughter is so lovely, kind and gentle I actually think Librans are lovely but the making the mind up thing ........grrrrrrrrrrrr!! LOL!!

We can't even decide what to have in our packed lunch for school so I ask the question on the way home from school and may get the answer around teatime!! But I do love her so!

The trouble is if it is about say two books-books she ADORES them-we usually end up with both because the shop is waiting to close! (I know I spoil her but who can resist a Libran charm?!)

Am just glad it's not just her though and it is a 'trait'. Have to explain to hubby she just can't help herself! LOL!

Thanks to you all.

celticnoodle
20-06-2007, 01:40
My youngest daughter is a Libran and is driving me nuts! Lol!
My husband and oldest daughter are both Gemini and can make their minds up quite quickly except for my husband when it comes to parking the car if there is more than one space available-he just can't decide! Lol!
Back to youngest daughter - she can never choose which book, cake, outfit, ANYTHING! I am Virgo and am the only earth sign in the household-surrounded by Libra, Gemini, Cancer and Leo! Help!!

:laugh: I laughed so hard when I saw this post, I have not even checked out the other postings yet, but will after this!

I am a libra. this is why i got a chuckle. I am SO LIBRA! I also have such a terrible time making up my mind over things. Should I wear blue today or black? no, black is depressing, but I always wear blue! maybe brown? maybe something bright --- red! no, i hate red.........:laugh: a constant battle getting dressed every day. decidind what to cook for dinner. whether to go shopping today or tomorrow. the list goes on. I don't even realize I'm doing it! I drive my husband NUTS! ;)

I also can identify with whatever anyone says---both sides of the same arguement. I am always this way too---which makes it quite difficult for me to judge anyone. "Well, I can understand why they did that, though I see why you are against it too". Why can't I make up my mind???? I guess because I am a Libra. Ain't we fun? ! :D

EarthFaery
20-06-2007, 02:20
My husband has a Libra Sun and he is never indecisive about anything, it could be his taurus ascedant grounding him, and his mars in leo giving him some quick action, but he doesn't think twice about anything, I'm not a Libra, but I have a Libra stellium in my chart which includes my chart ruler, my little friend mercury. I am extremely indecisive, so much so that I make myself dizzy with all the things I throw around in my head at one time! I can't make a sound decision if my life depended on it, I'll overanalyse every little detail! I also have a virgo stellium which includes my sun and moon (which is trying to keep me grounded), plus gemini ascendant (which wants to put me all over the map!), and merc in libra (it just wants to sit there and not get involved), it's like a fight to the finish every time!
My best friend has a Libra sun, and is just like me.
My husbands best friend has a Libra sun and is just like him.
So, I guess it would really depend on other astrological factors, it is funny though, I laugh at myself all the time!
Typically though Venus would rather someone else did the deciding. I was taught that Venus would rather sit and wait for the good times to roll in rather than go out looking for herself. Libra wants balance and harmony and doesn't function well if off balance, which is exactly what would happen if the wrong decision were made, so better to make no decision at all!

Enchanted
20-06-2007, 02:21
Ah the Libran charm... gets you every time! :D ;)

I love Libra's they are a whole lot of fun! Despite their indecisiveness! The indecisiveness is part of their lovely charm. They see things the way I don't, and I like that! I like them stopping the firey me from being rash and impulsive, what I don't like is them stopping the earthy me from being organised! :D Spontaneous what is that! :D

Seriously, cherish your little Libra! :)

celticnoodle
20-06-2007, 03:49
gee, thank you enchanted! :D

ravenest
20-06-2007, 11:36
I think there are two basic types of Libra.
One is striving for balance, hence the indecision. It's like when you put something on a scale and then put an a similar weight on the other side, it doesn't immediatly balance, it swings back and forward, less each time, and eventually achieves balance.
The other has found balance, and although can see both sides of the question knows what needs to be done.
{Good luck finding one of those ;) }

GoddessArtemis
20-06-2007, 16:26
My mom is a Libra, I had a boyfriend who is a Libra...roommate, was a Libra...friends, too and coworkers--Libra. All of that to say, they can't ever make up their mind, and they make me CRAZY. I love them and find them amusing, but I will NOT go shopping with them, nor sit down and have a decision-making discussion, because we'll go NOWHERE for the longest time, till I yell, "FORGET IT. I'll figure it out myself!!". I don't care why they can't make a decision--but make one already.

And they say us Pisces are wishy-washy. ;) Come ON! :P

GA

isthmus nekoi
21-06-2007, 00:59
A friend w/Mercury in Libra would waste soooo much time on insignificant decisions. Like choosing a toothbrush. Apparently all the different toothbrushes have these crucial minute differences so you need to carefully consider which one to buy lol. Something actually complicated like a cell phone plan would take him weeks to pick on his own.

I'm a triple Libra but I have Mars on the ASC so I tend make decisions very quickly. Prolonged indecision strikes me as being impractical/wasting time.

star-lover
21-06-2007, 01:11
Libra here too Sun Mercury and Venus - this used to cause me huge problems until recently - I found i was putting off doing something or wasn't sure what to do because something else was in the way or had to be done afterwards - like complicating things (doesn't help that i also have virgo rising - so wanting that perfection is increased and hence reduces thelikelihood of just getting on with it lol)

Also all those decisions put off pile up into a big mess lol and its frustrating for a Libra as they tend to like harmony in themselves and their environment and obviously frustrating for others too

I got fed up with this so now I try keep things as simple as possible and do/think about one thing at a time and leave the rest to be sorted out as and when

If something is bothering you then do something about it - life's messy and no one's asking you to be perfect or always do the right thing - main thing is to keep moving as its easy for Libras to get in a rut and stagnate

The other thing is not knowing what you want - once I find out for definite and I'm sure in myself there's no stopping me

celticnoodle
21-06-2007, 05:12
:laugh: oh, how I'm enjoying this thread! i just wanted to update and say, while i usually find myself very indecisive, I try very very hard to make a decision and then stick to it. I've learned how irritating my indecisiveness is to those I love! :D (but, sometimes, it's just fun to watch them roll their eyes around me!).

For very important decisions, & at work, I do tend to be on the ball, and get things done, so thank goodness, I don't show my 'indecisiveness' with important projects! however, i must admit, when I end up having lots of fires to put out , (many last minute things coming to me to take care of), I get a bit flustered and cannot figure out where to start! LOL! I handle things much better when it comes at me one at a time, and I can take my time with beginning it and finishing it. Whew! thank goodness I'm not really a fire fighter! :D

Now, one place I'm never indecisive with---is shopping! So, GoddessArtemis, I am fun to shop with! :D At least, all my friends and relatives think so. I enjoy the shopping experience, and don't fool around there! :D In fact, I tend to be the one who family, friends and neighbors all ask to go shopping with! Some things are just too important to fool around with!

star-lover
21-06-2007, 19:03
lol celtic

my big bugbear is creating the perfect filing system for home - before it used to be the office - there's no such thing i've realised or if there is i haven't found it yet

so currently i'm sitting with 4 large boxes crammed with papers to go through, to keep, bin or shred and i hate it lol

think i will just keep my passport, important documents and burn the rest
:D
problem solved

Enchanted
21-06-2007, 20:38
By gosh this thread has me laughing! :D

My Libra, big decision, buy a house... where do I sign? :D But I recall a shopping expedition for sunglasses that lasted hours! I was actually considering leaving him there and saying just call me when your done in a few hours!!! :D

I've been thinking why I enjoy Libra's and air signs so much and I think it is because I lack air in my own chart, with the exception of generational planets. They are like my breath of fresh air! :)

celticnoodle
21-06-2007, 23:34
By gosh this thread has me laughing! :D

But I recall a shopping expedition for sunglasses that lasted hours! I was actually considering leaving him there and saying just call me when your done in a few hours!!! :D :laugh: yes, this thread has yet to not amuse me too. I've read every post and enjoyed each one! when i told my sister about this, and especially about the first post talking about how shopping with us "libras' is a disaster---she immediately said, "But shopping with you is such fun!!!! I LOVE to shop with you!" So, I guess though I am a Libra, I'm not that bad----at least to shop with! :laugh:

ravenest
22-06-2007, 12:11
My last full-time serious girlfriend was a Libra - after that - no more serious girlfriends. Of course I had to have just one more to test - a libran. my wife (seperated) is a libran and I've just realised that my mother ... is a Libran!

What's going on here ??!!

Gemini Rising
07-07-2007, 17:33
Haha! I loved reading this thread, mostly because I have three planets in Libra and can't make decisions for the life of me! Sun, Mercury, and (this one is horrible to deal with) Mars in Libra.

Today, I had to make a decision whether or not to stay at a party I was at or go to a rehearsal for a play that I was desperately needed at, and had to make that decision in about two seconds flat. Oh god, what a fiasco that turned into... my Libran morals were telling me to go to rehearsal, but the other half of my Libran side was telling me to stay at the party and actually have a social life. I was on the phone with my mom, literally saying "I think I'll go to rehearsal...no, stay here...but I'm needed there, but I'm having fun...oh, I don't know!" My mom, knowing me and my Libran ways, said "I'm getting so fed up with this indecisiveness, have fun at the party, I don't want you here anyway!"

Well, at least I didn't have to decide for myself. (Thank God, I would have agonized over it for hours...)

But even though I'm a typical Libran, I am first and foremost a guy...and thus I HATE SHOPPING! I don't care how metro Librans are supposed to be, I'm in and out of a store in five seconds flat. I'm probably the only Libran in the world with no sense of style.

However, I'm different than most Librans in this respect: I do NOT compromise. I'm right, you're wrong, we're doing it my way whether you like it or not, DEAL WITH IT! (Just go ahead and argue with me--you'd think I was a Taurus!)

One bit of advice though: NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS rush a Libra in the middle of making a decision, they'll only freeze up and take forever. Take it from one. Oh God, at times I've just wanted to ball up into a fetal position and cry...But otherwise, I think we're perfectly lovely, charming people. =D

celticnoodle
07-07-2007, 22:28
Gemini Rising, you DO sound like a Taurus! :laugh: But, you are so right---we are perfectly lovely, charming people! I'm married to a Taurus, so we balance each other out fairly well, I guess!

memries
08-07-2007, 00:31
My little girl was a Libra ! I am a Scorpion. I decided very early on that I would have to go to her as I was the Mother after all. She was truly a delightful child. She is grown up now and is an interesting grownup as well.

I used to tell her that we were going around a merry go round and back to the beginning. But we always, in the end sorted things out, to both our satisfaction but it took a lot of talk and time which was very enjoyable.

I would just say to you, truly enjoy your experiences with her. If she has to shop for hours, so what ? You will establish a link with your daughter and a bond that never dies. It is well worth the time and effort.

Libra's are very loving and kind and I could just not bear to squash the light within her to get my own way so we got it sorted out.

memries
08-07-2007, 00:33
Ravenest... what are you ? I mean in the Zodiac of course. Your love life seems to have been very interesting to say the least.

celticnoodle
08-07-2007, 04:25
gee memries, what a delightful post to read about you & your daughter. My own mother is a scorpio too. We've had our ups & downs, and alot of it had to do with our signs and our personalities, but now it's mostly a friendly mother/daughter relationship. i enjoyed reading what you posted about you & your daughter though, very sweet!

Gemini Rising
08-07-2007, 14:10
Interesting, my mom's a Scorpion too... but interestingly enough, we get along perfectly and have almost no personality conflicts. We're extremely close, and constantly finish each other's sentences and have an almost psychic connection. What's even more fascinating is the differences in our charts--the ONLY water I have is Pluto in Scorpio, and my mom is almost entirely water with almost no air. I actually think it's amazing how well I get along with all water signs while I have none in my chart.

Meanwhile, my dad's an Aquarius, and I hope he dies a long, agonizing and lonely death... I say, screw synastry.

celticnoodle
09-07-2007, 00:44
Interesting, my mom's a Scorpion too... but interestingly enough, we get along perfectly and have almost no personality conflicts. We're extremely close, and constantly finish each other's sentences and have an almost psychic connection. What's even more fascinating is the differences in our charts--the ONLY water I have is Pluto in Scorpio, and my mom is almost entirely water with almost no air. I actually think it's amazing how well I get along with all water signs while I have none in my chart.

Meanwhile, my dad's an Aquarius, and I hope he dies a long, agonizing and lonely death... I say, screw synastry.

my mother & I had many personality conflicts for years, but now are close. My daughter & I on the other hand do the same thing---finish each other sentences, and even will start to talk about something, just as the other was thinking of it! this happens to us all the time. we are very connected and have an extremely close relationship and always did. She's a cancer, has a lot of psychic abilities and she & I just connect to each other easily.