Little White Books

Kenny

Normally I agree with Umbrae about LWBs but in my newly purchased Bestian Tarot came a LWB that I'm sure will change my view of tarot. It is a mixture of keywords, sentances, and images that I am finding really useful in my studies.

Anyone else have a good LWB that they have seen?

gregory

On the whole no - but the Bestian is such a different deck, it needs a different one, and yes, this LWB is essential if you have the deck !

If only for the 10s. ;)

Elven

Hi Kenny :D
I have no problem with the little white books - or the little fold out pieces of paper ;) - I have them all sitting in a row on my bookshelf - though Im not sure about 'outstanding' ;) - though the quality with some new deck LWB/P's are getting beter = not just stapled together - but spined books.

Blessings Elven x

miss_nikki

I like the LWBs of the Golden Tarot and the Goddess Tarot.

Little Baron

Hermetic
Phantasmagoric Theatre

Both are essential for the decks, in my mind.

LB

Alta

The Transformational has an excellent LWB, too.

AJ

Wonderland deck has a good one.

Raya

I like the one for Voyager, since it felt like such a different system, reading it gave me an idea of where the creator was coming from. In general I like LWBs that accompany decks that are story-based, like the Goddess or the Mythic, if for no other reason than I like stories, and I like the idea that tarot tells stories. After all, the original decks were supposedly snapshots or characters of popular stories.

Little Hare

the vision quest LWB and Roots of Asia LWB - both are put out by AGM Mueller

Nocturnal Lure

When I buy a deck that is not readilly accesable due to; different systems, names or otherwise differing means of interpretation, I usually get a box set including a book (commonly by the creator of the deck...) I can hardly recall even looking in a LWB. Which doesn't men I think they're rubbish. I do however feel they are usually too incomeplete to be usefull.