Just when you though you got all the decks you desired...

Brammetje

It always is a big suprise a new one comes your way!!

Of the historical decks I almost got all I desire except for the sola busca en Mantegna

Of fantasy decks I only desire alice in wonderland tarot still, and perhaps the halloween tarot (coz I really like halloween!)

I have quite a few GD and crowleyisch decks...
Now I have found the Tarot of the Spirit... great!

I try to keep the tarots that are important to me, I have some troubles with IBIS Tarot, da vinci though...and ceremonial magick...but for various reasons they are still part of my collection...

here is my list:

Ancient Tarots of Bologna,
Ancient Minchiate Etruria,
Barbara Walker Tarot,
Cary Yale Visconti Sforza,
Da Vinci Tarot,
Gill tarot,
Golden Dawn Magical Tarot,
Golden Dawn Tarot,
Haindl Tarot,
Ibis Tarot,
Jungian Tarot,
Marseille,
Servants of the Light tarot,
Tarot of ceremonial magick,
Tarot of the Cat people,
Tarot of the Master
Thoth,
Visconti Sforza,
Vision Quest Tarot
Waite

I read some of u guys buy over 100, sometimes 1000 decks...
woooah man.... That I have over 20 decks, I think is much...

i have a small collection but I am very fond of these cards
It is a nice suprise when a new deck comes your way...

Did you once thought you had enough decks and suddenly came across a new one?

And are there more people out there that try to keep their collection small...?
(only the decks they really like)

love,
Mina

Alpha-Omega

Oh yes, I would say to myself. "I got enough decks..... OH look at this one I must have it" U cant have enough decks, there are so many with so many styles, they all have somthing to add to a reading.

Mariana

Yes, I feel bad about having decks that I don't use or that I don't click with. I only have about 20 decks in total or so, but I'm trying to sell a few now. Still, I am tempted to buy a new one that looks interesting every few months...

HearthCricket

Brammetje said:
And are there more people out there that try to keep their collection small...?
(only the decks they really like)

love,
Mina

Mina, I was just like you when I first came to AT! I only had a few decks, then my favourite 20 or so. Then it rose a bit when more new decks came out that seemed to really click with me. At one point I suddenly had over 200 decks and thought it too much, sold most of my collection and felt I had it under control, again. But something happened, which happens to many who end up selling off decks. I missed them. As you work more and more with tarot, you also find you are growing, both intellectually and spiritually. This leads you onto new paths and thus, often, new decks. Some decks may go on the backburner for a while as you use new ones, and come back to you with a refreshing feeling while you have a new outlook on them. It is a beautiful way to grow and feed your mind and soul. I find I am spending even more time working with my decks and oracles than ever and constantly learning, searching, adding to my collection. I am not really what I consider a "collector" anymore, because I have become pickier with the decks I purchase, but I also have a tendency to buy extras of my favourites and I do have a long list! At this point, I have very little I want to get rid of. I can seen myself thinning my collection again, someday, but not right now. I am connecting with a lot of styles and different artwork, and even dreaming of tarot! So, don't be afraid to add to your collection. If you connect and it is a "working" collection, then it doesn't matter how many you have. Don't feel bad unless you really have decks you never touch, don't care to own and know there are others out there that really want them. Embrace the madness! :D

Abrac

I'm pretty satisfied with the collection I have right now. There are a few others I would like to have but nothing pressing. But as soon as I say that something will come along and I will have to have it. I am continually blown away by just how many different Tarots and other kinds of cards there are out there. I truly believe it is endless.

The crowned one

Mariana said:
Yes, I feel bad about having decks that I don't use or that I don't click with. I only have about 20 decks in total or so, but I'm trying to sell a few now. Still, I am tempted to buy a new one that looks interesting every few months...

I agree with you, I do not feel good keeping decks I will not use. My core group is very small, 3 or 5 decks with 5 or 7 I am trying out at a time. If i do not think I will use them after a trial period...they go. The exception will be antique decks, of which I have none at this time, but if I did..they would be showered with love.

Sheri

I was perfectly fine with the collection that I had, and then I saw:

The Vanessa Tarot

Jacques Vieville

Tarot du Chat

i Naibi di Giovanni Vacchetta

oh and Tarot of the Tailors (can't resist having a card that could be a significator called "The Tool") :D

I have acquired the Vanessa, but the others are out of stock at Tarot Garden - so I have to wait patiently for them :D

I don't think anyone should feel bad about building a collection of decks - even if you don't read with some or most of them. It is perfectly OK to collect other things - why not Tarot decks?

valeria

Debra

Valeria, when I was looking for the Vieville, which is WONDERFUL WONDERFUL funny as hell WONDERFUL, I talked to Jeannette at Tarot Garden...she said they wouldn't be putting in an order for that for months. Months. Like, six months. But Alida has both Vieville and Vacchetta. hehehehe you go girl!

Sheri

Debra said:
Valeria, when I was looking for the Vieville, which is WONDERFUL WONDERFUL funny as hell WONDERFUL, I talked to Jeannette at Tarot Garden...she said they wouldn't be putting in an order for that for months. Months. Like, six months. But Alida has both Vieville and Vacchetta. hehehehe you go girl!

Months?? Gahhhh :bugeyed: I don't think I can wait that long for a Vieville!!! I would seriously give up a kidney for that deck!

Does Alida ship to USA with no problems?

Gavriela

Alida ships everywhere with no problems. The rates can be higher depending on which continent you're on, but not too bad.