My deck gets tired easily!

kaii

Hey! I wonder if all of you get the same problem as me or not.

I only use my deck occassionally, when I really need something answered. (I use R.W.) It kills me that I can't use it as often as I'd like because my deck has this tendency to give me a REALLY accurate first spread, and an "ehhh" ok second spread, then after that it's just bs. It's like it gives up on me or something.

This happen to you too?

celticnoodle

I have a few different decks myself, and am currently most drawn to the Golden Tarot deck. And, in answer to your question, yes, my decks tend to peter out after using them for readings. However, it seems to only decide to not give a good read after I've used it for many many readings. Odd that yours does this immediately.

I find that I need to change decks on occaision---and I do, but my golden tarot is my favorite deck, and I am always going back to it, after giving it a short rest.

Not sure what to tell you to do with your deck, so it remains 'charged'. Did you purchase this deck yourself, brand new? Was it a used deck or given to you by someone? Not that I truly give 100% credence into this sort of thing, but maybe it does require a 'cleaning' of sorts?

ruski_svet

I'm usually the one who gets tired after the first spread! I don't read as often either because I have to be in the mood to read, then I get this glazed over feeling after a good reading.

It's not really your cards themselves, it's you and your connection to the cards. I take some deep breaths, picture myself in white light, ask for guidance for the highest good and all that. Sometimes you just have to realign yourself with what you want to do, and clear yourself and the space from all the energy you've put in doing the reading.

kaii

celticnoodle said:

Not sure what to tell you to do with your deck, so it remains 'charged'. Did you purchase this deck yourself, brand new? Was it a used deck or given to you by someone? Not that I truly give 100% credence into this sort of thing, but maybe it does require a 'cleaning' of sorts?

I bought the deck brand new, I've had it for about 3 years. I've also used it innumerous times, but I still get that odd, "I'm tired, you lucked out" response from it.

As for the post below, I actually do my tarot in a quiet room with no clutter around me so i can concentrate on the question at hand. I just find that most of my energy if you will, is sometimes strongest on the first spread, which is understandable, but I've had the deck for so long that this theoretically shouldn't be a problem.

Should I get a new deck?

celticnoodle

kaii said:
Should I get a new deck?
oh no---i don't think that is necessary. you may want to try to cleanse it. you can find many ways to do so right here on AT. do a search for 'cleansing' or so. however I think some of the methods are:

1. rub dry sage or burn dry sage in a dish next to the deck.
2. bless it with some holy water---it can even be water that you bless yourself.
3. burn a white candle by the cards and when you are reading.

I use to keep my cards in a container that held some dried sage leaves, and a medal of St. Benedict and a few other religious items. However, lately, I tend to leave them out on my table and often forget to even put them back in their boxes.

anyway, you may want to try that first---no sense in not using the one you have already. however, i must also tell you, once you get interested in tarot cards, it's almost impossible to not continue adding to your collection!

coeur

I think it's more of a question of you getting tired than your deck getting tired. Try grounding after each reading to get the energy of the past reading out of your body. There might be some confusion between the two energies as you progress to more readings. Shuffling tarot decks raises energy so it is important to reground after every reading.

celticnoodle

coeur said:
I think it's more of a question of you getting tired than your deck getting tired. Try grounding after each reading to get the energy of the past reading out of your body. There might be some confusion between the two energies as you progress to more readings. Shuffling tarot decks raises energy so it is important to reground after every reading.

this could be true too. I do get tired after doing a few readings in one day. some days are better then others, but if I'm tired to begin with---then I really get zapped of my energy when doing tarot readings. so try this a few times with your readings, as coeur recommends. it may work. or combine all of it together-just to be safe!

good luck.

Umbrae

kaii said:
I only use my deck occassionally, when I really need something answered. (I use R.W.) It kills me that I can't use it as often as I'd like because my deck has this tendency to give me a REALLY accurate first spread, and an "ehhh" ok second spread, then after that it's just bs. It's like it gives up on me or something.
Now this is only an opinion, so dont' get too excited...

It ain't the deck. It's you.

I've sat at events with the same deck, reading all day long. I'm the one that can get tired.

When we get tired, often our perception of what the deck is telling us becomes imparied. And when we push past that 'tired' boundary, and move into the zone...readings get really cool.

The other issue is, not all sitters get the same kind of results. Some folks don't need the Hundred Pound Hammer reading, some need the sublte, others need the harsh.

And if you're doing spreads for yourself - well yah, subsequent spreads will be 'less than'...

But if you want to buy a new deck - I know a lovely place with a wonderful selection! And I think they have some specials noted up in the advertising forum.

Only my opinion...

starchild

i have to agree with some others on this. it may be you that gets tierd and not the deck. ive been doing readings one after the other day in day out,exept weekends for years. i almost always use the same deck. and i have never felt my deck get tierd. but i have been tierd. very tierd.
i try and have a quick break in between readings. even if its just a ciggerate (naughty) or a quick cup of coffee(naughty)
i have also found for me if i eat i get tiered easier. so i try not to eat till all my readings have been done.
hope this helps.

SunChariot

Decks are just cardboard. They do not get tired, but people do. The cause is likely one of two things. Either you get too tired after a few readings to focus as well. OR since you seem to expect this phenomenon to happen now, When you get to the second and third readings, maybe you do not have the faith you have in the cards you had the first time. And a lack of trust and faith in the cards will always jeopardize a reading

Bar