finding it hard to become a reader in the uk

MardiGras

I have been told i am a natural counscellor but unable to find ocurses in the uk in my area cambridge.

I have tried to break the mould as a tarot reader but finding it hard to do readings that are paid for as i am only finding those who want free readings. I have excellent testimonals and not had a unhappy client. I put my heart and soul into readings and maye that's where the problem is. i have quite a
few strings to my bow as I am a reiki master of many styles, medium, crystal healer i make fine jewellery custom made.

I had 3 people taking about mediumship the other day and asked me for on the spot readings I did this freely but felt upset that I had done yet again free readings. ok so I wanted to help but cut it as short as I could because I felt pressurised into proving my gifts.

I don't know the way forwards and feel upset that it's not manifesting into something more I have always studied this path and would be really upset if nothing came of it.

I am unsure how to promote myself and to be seen in the mainstream.

please help

mardigras

Umbrae

Step one. Be patient.

Step two. Do you give away your food? Can I have some? That’s what free readings essentially do – it takes the potential of food – away from you.

Step three. Be patient.

When I plant a new rose bush, it sometimes takes five years before it really begins to ‘take off’, and really look good.

Reading professionally is not at all dissimilar. Clients must be cultivated. A testimonial is nothing. A referral is everything.

Step four. Everything you need is in that 78-page book with pages you may reorganize in any manner.

Step five. Change your mindset. Until you think of yourself as a Professional Tarot Reader, with every ounce of conviction, eat it breathe it, sleep it, taste it…the universe won’t start sending sitters…but you shout it to the stars with every drop of your being…it’ll happen.

Step five. Be patient.

sweet_intuition

As a newbie in the realm of "Professional Tarot", I really can understand what you're going through.

Like Umbrae mentioned, patience is really important. I have been doing it Professionally (okay, that didn't come out right..lol)... I mean reading Tarot Professionally since the month of February, and till now, it's been quite a journey. I still am being tested by the universe, and hence, I had a few clients (god bless them).

Some have been very happy and have referred others. Some have been very tough to handle (they block their energies and you just can't connect with them.. they act obnoxious.. one client was like, "No, not really, I don't think so" whenever I tried to clarify what you say... some have been quite paranoid.. etc etc etc).

However, I am learning from each one of them, and each lesson I have learned is an important one. This is the way one grows and expands their horizon.

Patience is the key... I have been through almost 2-3 weeks without a single client... but I am patient and confident about my abilities to be successful as a reader... all we need is dedication, perseverance, and most of all optimism and patience... and primarily, a belief in oneself.

And I have learned an immense amount from everyone here at AT, (especially my ''tarot mentor'' a dragon-guide living behind the shadow of the eclipsed sun) :)

Best of Luck on your Journey and wish you all the very best.

Love and Blessings

:)

AJ

If you were building cars or bricks or lamps, most anyone could look at your product and say "hey, nice lamp" or "Hokie Smokes, who'd make a round brick?" but when it's something personal like haircuts or card readings you have to earn your clients one at a time. They will never all be happy, and whether you charge $10.00 or $100.00 there will always be those who think you charge too much or too little...because they are looking at it from their own viewpoint/opinion base.

You set your guidelines, choose how you want other to see you, and as said above...be patient. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Umbrae

sweet_intuition said:
However, I am learning from each one of them, and each lesson I have learned is an important one. This is the way one grows and expands their horizon.
And I still am...

Once you begin, you soon learn you'll never learn it all.

moderndayruth

mardigras,
there is a proverb "do things for free and you will have a lot of clients" lol
I am having issues with charging money, but at least i've learned to charge for my basic profession -protocol and interpreting, i had issues with that too :(
I charge the maximum now and i don't compromise; as they said here, it has to do with the attitude; remember your work/ gift/ skill is worth every penny of it, even more, the advice and the guidance you give can't be paid enough
(i was repeating this "mantra" since i began working free lance and charging per hour).
Be patient, trust the Universe and yourself, do visalisation, power words, whatever it takes to create the reality you desire!
Love,
mdr xx

Little Hare

MardiGras said:
I have been told i am a natural counscellor but unable to find ocurses in the uk in my area cambridge.

Mardigras, i was struck by this first sentence. Do you mean you wish to find a counselling course? I am doing a degree in social work which will enable me to do many things and one of them is councelling. (i've actually been offered a job as a tarot reader, but at the moment don't feel i'm ready and one of the reasons is because i'm studying social work-another long story) IF you are looking to learn couselling as a trade and intergrate it with tarot I would suggest completing a degree or training in the field of social work and/or psychology or social sciences.

you have gotten some wonderful responses from others here :party: :D

I particularly love what Linda Goodman says in her book Star Signs; 'One can't be much help to one's self or to others in this day and age by walking barefoot down dirt roads,or preaching and teaching along the seashores. Even a sleeping bag and a bowl of soup for the homeless requires money' (Pg21)

Change your mindset! You deServe to be paid...

:heart: