Living the Tarot!

HearthCricket

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but here is the idea.

Last night we had a full moon, or at least pretty close to it. It was in the wee hours of the morning and the snorting of some wild animal, going through our yard, woke me up! So, I got up, looked out and by then it had gone into the wetlands. Such is they way!

But I stood at the window looking around for a good half hour. I kept soaking in what everything looks like when there is no other lights around (we live in the country) and only the full moon had made blue light and shadows and it made me really think and "live" the Moon Card. Everything is so mysterious. You see shadows that you cannot explain, you hear things you cannot figure out. Something moves and you wonder if it is a cat, a fox, a skunk! The houses take on an eery look and glow a sort of blue colour. Nothing is the same, nothing is definite and the yard you know so familiarly in the daytime has completely altered. It is both creepy and beautiful, but also very mysterious and you find yourself on alert, like a cat ready to pounce.

Has anyone else ever had a moment where they really "lived" the tarot in such an intense way? I mean, we talk about how it might be a 4 of swords day, or we feel all Hermitish, but I am really going to try and find moments like this to "live" the tarot so that it means that much more to me. I would love to hear any other tarot stories like this! And the moon is big again, tonight. Go to an open window and live it! :)

Grizabella

I love the full moon. Last night it was being shadowed by clouds drifting quickly by and covering it, then revealing it again, almost like a seductive lady beguiling a lover with a now you see it, now you don't little tease. It was beautiful. It shines in on my bed and it's wonderful to lie there and "bathe" in it. I guess that makes me "moonstruck" or a lunatic. :D I always think of the Moon card when I see the full moon. I love to go outside and just soak it in. It's beautiful to also look around and see the stars in the black night sky.

I had a Tower moment last night. Moral of the story---don't try to scoop pickles around in a food processor with your fingers even if it's turned off. :rolleyes: That blade will cut you to the bone in an instant with very little pressure against it. Or maybe that would have been Justice or the "aha!" moment of the Judgment card?

My showers with the rain head on the shower remind me of the Star card in the VR, although I'm hardly the beautiful young woman on the card anymore.

I associate much of my life and many of my experiences and my observations of the experiences of others with tarot cards. I also see many of my family experiences in the cards and relate incidents to one card or another.

mystic mal

When I moved to Wiltshire in a cottage amidst miles and miles of wheatfields,I wore my long red dress to travel in as it was crease resistant.I went into the field to take in the awesome view that I would have from my window and bent down to pick one of the hundreds of poppies among the wheat.My daughter took a photograph of me and when it was processed I was amazed that it looked almost identical to the card of the EMPRESS in the Mythic Tarot...The EMPRESS is card number 3 in the major arcana and yes you guessed it my house number was 3! Next door in No,4 my neighbour came out to say hello and welcome and blow me down if he wasnt the absolute image of the EMPEROR.Thick set,beard and a very deep voice who lived on his own and when he asked us into his cottage for a cuppa he had some kind of war battalion plaque on his wall and on it was an eagle,a streak of lightening and a world which is the symbology on the EMPEROR card. It gave me goose bumps!!!

Little Baron

What a beautiful picture you painted there, Hearthcricket.

I dragged out my Moon card from the Morgan Greer to look at as I read it.

As I type, I can hear the wind blowing in the trees and see the moon, through the leaves from my window.

Some nights [quite a lot recently], I have been woken by horrid noises that send shivers through me.

I look out of the window and can see nothing but the shadows. The other week, I heard what I think was a fox killing a rabbit and it was probably the most horrible noise I have ever heard. It went on for about ten minutes and I was close to crying at the end, with the window shut and the pillow over my ears.
Sometimes, the moon covers up these scenes. Someone suggested that it might even be foxes mating as that often is quite a scary noise too, but in the dark light of the moon, we can not see whether it is one or the other. Was it them mating or was it another animal being killed? It is our own imagination that is allowed to be set free in the darkness and that may not always be correct or factual! In that sense, I think I lived through the Moon card as well - just a less beautiful version and more deceptive than yours.

I like my window open at night. I like listening to the cars passing, the quiet chatter of people on the main road as I snuggle in my duvet, the rain against the roof etc. But after the recent noises of scuffles between animals and their screams and cries, I often close it because I can't bear to hear a noise like that again.

LB

Isarma

I usually pic a card every morning and register my feelings about it in my Tarot Journal... last month, in some day I got The Justice, it was a wednesday and I was on my way in the train, to go to meet some friends, and I was writing in my journal that in that particular day nothing really captured my attencion in a "Justice" way. I had my journal, and a tarot book in my hands, so it was more easy for me to write in the train. And then enters an old man and sits next do me, "excuse me young lady, where does this train go?" I told him and then he never stoped talking to me, and asking questions... At first I felt bothered with it but then I do not know why I started to pay more attenciion to the old man... he asked what was I reading, Tarot?? Humm and people can live by that? hummm intersting, and how does it work?? Excuse my ignorance but please can you explain me how does it work?? I'm an old man now, but I love to learn new thigs... I was a lawyer once you know, so I only know about laws, but never learned nothing about this kind of stuf....
So I went the all way trying to explain to this humble man the purpose of the Tarot, in the end he thanked me for my explanations and he wished me a happy life, and this man was The Justice in my day, he was wise, yet humble, but fair, and he wanted to keep learning, it was wonderful!!!

HearthCricket

Little Baron said:
Some nights [quite a lot recently], I have been woken by horrid noises that send shivers through me.

I look out of the window and can see nothing but the shadows. The other week, I heard what I think was a fox killing a rabbit and it was probably the most horrible noise I have ever heard. It went on for about ten minutes and I was close to crying at the end, with the window shut and the pillow over my ears.
Sometimes, the moon covers up these scenes. Someone suggested that it might even be foxes mating as that often is quite a scary noise too, but in the dark light of the moon, we can not see whether it is one or the other. Was it them mating or was it another animal being killed? It is our own imagination that is allowed to be set free in the darkness and that may not always be correct or factual! In that sense, I think I lived through the Moon card as well - just a less beautiful version and more deceptive than yours.

I like my window open at night. I like listening to the cars passing, the quiet chatter of people on the main road as I snuggle in my duvet, the rain against the roof etc. But after the recent noises of scuffles between animals and their screams and cries, I often close it because I can't bear to hear a noise like that again.

LB

Nicely said, and yes. I have been there, recently, too. It is so hard to listen to such things. I always think to myself, I know this is nature, but why does it have to happen so close so I can hear it. Then I realize, because we are the intruders and maybe we need to be reminded of it. These animals, both the fox and the rabbit are probably wondering "why do they have to poison us with fertilizer, and drive those cars that hit us, or tear down our trees and rip out our homes to build these ugly boxes? Why do they have to put up fences and narrow our world, or toss things in our once clean water, or make all this noise." I think these animals are shedding tears more than we are.

But yes...back to the theme, the moon is very deceptive, hidden, full of secrets, mysterious, beautiful and dangerous. No wonder so many animals hunt at night instead of day. No wonder the criminal chooses night over day to commit his hideous crimes. As I speak a rabbit has come out of the brush to cross our quiet street and eat clover. The sun makes it safer, bright and warming, all things seen clearly, good food seen easily and a quick bee line to the patch! A car passes and he runs into back into the brush, but not very far. I can see his little face. He is young, just born these past few months. He is like the child on the horse in the Sun card, joyful, playing, happy, content, exploring his new world, full of hope and confidence. I hope his life is full of sunny skies! lol Another has just come out from the brush. Siblings at play! What a lovely metaphor this is. They must live right there, at the edge of the street, where danger from humans are, and right at the edge of the sidewalk where the local hox hunt, and right at the edge of wetlands which have tall trees in them and the red-tailed hawks fly over daily. And my neighbour's dog being walked and luckily didn't pick up the scent. Wow. Quite a movie going on outside my door. Be the Hermit, Rabbits! Run and hide in your hole!

mac22

HearthCricket said:
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but here is the idea.

Last night we had a full moon, or at least pretty close to it. It was in the wee hours of the morning and the snorting of some wild animal, going through our yard, woke me up! So, I got up, looked out and by then it had gone into the wetlands. Such is they way!

Ahhhh, the cycles of the night.:) There is a whole world out there that few bother to see. Since I use active imagination & archetypes there is much activity in my inner & outer lives.

Nights are a fantastic type to integrate archetypes with the cards.

mac22

Water Lady

I have spent many years living in the "wild" my father was a land developer usually around water. I spend many childhood years chasing turtle, mud puppies, kill deer and watching in amazement at the wild life around me. I once had a bear tear out the stake of my tent.
Now having said this, I am really not much of a outdoors person, I like to watch it from the comfort of my home, I just have been surrounded by men in my life that want to emerce themselves with it.
The night does not scare me but my favorite time is the morning, it is mine in the quiet. When the moon is full it shines across our mile wide river for a incredible view.
I am still trying to draw a card a day and have not gotten good at thinking about it all day for learning yet but I am headed that way.

sharpchick

HearthCricket said:
. . . But I stood at the window looking around for a good half hour. I kept soaking in what everything looks like when there is no other lights around (we live in the country) and only the full moon had made blue light and shadows and it made me really think and "live" the Moon Card. Everything is so mysterious. You see shadows that you cannot explain, you hear things you cannot figure out. Something moves and you wonder if it is a cat, a fox, a skunk! The houses take on an eery look and glow a sort of blue colour. Nothing is the same, nothing is definite and the yard you know so familiarly in the daytime has completely altered. It is both creepy and beautiful, but also very mysterious and you find yourself on alert, like a cat ready to pounce.

That is a very good description of the essence of the Moon card. The light of the moon is reflected light from the sun - it has no light of its own. So what you see by the "light of the moon" may not be the way things are at all.

coeur

I recently got Princess of Wands (Page of Wands) for a daily reading and I was thrilled. For me, that was the 'no brakes applied' card, so I went and romped with my friends like tomorrow didn't exist. Needless to say, the next few hours were completely hectic and wonderful and filled with the type of recklessness that couldn't be published in a newspaper of good repute. It was the best day you'd have to read between the lines to get.

The fire of the card and the passion of the princess were summed up that night by a huge full moon that was flushed an awesome crimson. It was a strawberry moon, and instead of being disturbing or frightening, it was beautiful. The night was still and suburbia was silent, but the moon was red and we were crazy and free and liberated and young.