Moving

Water Lady

We plan to sell our house in SW florida and move a bit North. I have been trying to figure out if there is any way to use the cards to decide on a place. So far it seems that you would first have to have several options and then maybe ask yes/no.
Does anyone have any other ideas?
I do have criteria, a spiritual place, no major snow and ice, things like that.
Perhaps it is intuition and not tarot that is needed?

Kahlie

You could also ask the Cards to describe a likely place to you that would do you good or who would be likely to sell it to you. That way you can narrow things down.

Kahlie

Skysteel

Nan said:
Perhaps it is intuition and not tarot that is needed?

The difference being...?
- ;)

Water Lady

thanks Kahlie I thought there might be a way, I will try that.

skysteel, I am very new at this. I thought intuition might give me an actual state, or city we are thinking about, whereas I could not figure how the cards would do that.

shelikes2read

When I'm looking for a physical location of something, I go with a map and a pendulum rather than cards.

"Pendulum", in my case, means an old housekey on a necklace chain... there were no pretty store-bought pendulums to be had when I learned the technique eons ;) ago. (And even if there had been, I couldn't have afforded one anyway.) So you needn't break the bank to have a pendulum, nor wait until you can order online or get to a store, if you haven't got a pendulum already. Household items work just fine. :)

Cards rock, but sometimes supporting them with other techniques adds dimensions to our answers. :)

Skysteel

Nan said:
skysteel, I am very new at this.

Hello, and good luck.
- :)

Nan said:
I thought intuition might give me an actual state, or city we are thinking about, whereas I could not figure how the cards would do that.

The cards work by intuition, or at the very least, they filter through your intuition - there's little you can get from one you can't get from the other. Although I suppose different tools are more suited to different jobs...perhaps you could select a Major that represents what you want to achieve, note which feelings it evokes in you, and then correlate those with the feelings evoked by each residence you consider, trying to get a match.

.traveller.

We found the house we currently in using the Fortuneteller's Mahjong, which is an oracle deck. It has cards like water, north, south, east, west, along with seasons, and trees. It works very well. If you can find a tarot deck with similar designations, or even one that incorporates I Ching, that would probably work very well with this sort of question.

Esther

shelikes2read said:
"Pendulum", in my case, means an old housekey on a necklace chain... there were no pretty store-bought pendulums to be had when I learned the technique eons ;) ago. (And even if there had been, I couldn't have afforded one anyway.) So you needn't break the bank to have a pendulum, nor wait until you can order online or get to a store, if you haven't got a pendulum already. Household items work just fine. :)

My pendulum is an old ring that I loved but didn't fit me anymore, tied to a ribbon. I should do more work with it. When I 'made' it, I didn't know much about what I was doing and was working with a friend who knew more than I did, but still not much, so it left me a bit intimidated at the time.

I agree that the Tarot may not be the easiest medium for figuring out an exact location. I'm sure it could be used that way, but that's going into the realm of super-nifty reading that's currently beyond my abilities, so I don't know. You could definitely use it to ask a question about a particular house or help you figure out what you need to look for, though. I'm sure there are lots of possibilities.

Raya

I've read that the various suits have directions and seasons related to each one. It goes something like this:

Swords- north - winter
Cups - east -spring
Wands -south - summer
Pentacles -west - fall

There's a thread on this, and actually a lot of people interpret this differently. I think you can assign directions and seasons as you see fit, since they aren't a part of tarot's original design.

You can also look carefully at the backgrounds of the cards, instead of what's in the foreground. Forget the people. Is the environment dry? Temperate? Hilly? Mountainous? Are there many buildings like a city, or is it in the country? Are the buildings all a certain archetectural design?

That's what I might do, if I wanted to used the cards to find a new place to go.

Water Lady

shelikes2read said:
Cards rock, but sometimes supporting them with other techniques adds dimensions to our answers.

How very interesting, I do agree with shelikes2read. I am just so new these other things did not occur to me. I think I will take a look in my jewery box to make a pendulum.

Can someone direct me to a site that explains how to use it properly?