Another Saturn question

Enchanted

I'm sure it is not just me, but I need to ask... have I effectively had a double whammy of Saturn? My concern is that when it moves into Virgo in September that I will then have a triple whammy! :(

First I had my first Saturn Return in Cancer and then for the last two years or so Saturn in Leo. Leo is my Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus. I have a Virgo ascendent and in Mars, so is Saturn still going to impact me as much when it moves into Virgo in September?

Any insights would be much appreciated. :) Sorry, I don't understand astrology in terms of what is going on now.

dadsnook2000

They have a term of this

Ever heard of the "fickle finger of fate?" This phrase came from the old TV show called HeeHaw which was a country-style comedy show. They gave an award each week which was a small marble base supporting a hand with one finger extended and a bow tied about it. But, that's what Saturn does, it forces you to define how you'll use any planets it contacts and how it will act out through whatever house it is in. Saturn always has a lesson for us, and sometimes it surprises us with a reward. Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts

Laugh In, not Hee Haw. Dan always had to explain it to Dick. I loved that show.

Hee Haw was known for the song "Gloom dispair and agony on me. Deep dark depression excessive missery. If it weren't for back luck, I'ld have no luck at all..."

:laugh:Barb

dadsnook2000

Could be

This must be the first example of senility for me. I think you may be right since it sounds more like something those silly two would come up with. Dave

Enchanted

Sorry, I don't know either of those TV shows, so I don't understand the cultural reference.

I asked the question because of a tarot reading that seemed to indicate that a time of testing was coming to an end and pointed to Saturn being significant. I new that Saturn's significance in my own chart at the moment and wanted to know whether it would continue it's influence in Virgo, or whether it would be less pronounced.

My Saturn return was not a ball of sunshine but it heralded some much needed changes. So I do appreciate that Saturn is not wholly negative.

Perhaps someone could suggest a book or books so that I could increase my own understanding of astrology in terms of what the planets are doing now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. :)

paradoxx

hmm, speaking of heehaw like situations, summer and autumn fairs and carnivals are coming up here soon in America's "heartland." Lots of horse and cow shows, corn on the cob, dunk the clown games, chatter in the air, and not to forget the ferris wheel and other mystical carnival rides.

right now saturn is opposing neptune, so imagination and reality are butting heads right down the middle of the court, be careful as to who you speak your mind to, we are all going through a period of readjustment to where we are physically and spiritually, we may mince others words just to make it look good for us.

Enchanted

Thanks for the response. :)

Just in case anyone else has overlooked it as I did, there is a sticky thread at the top of the forum with resources for study, that looks great, with website and book suggestions.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15205

The book "Saturn: A new look at an old devil" by Liz Greene looks like something that would be very interesting.

From what I have read so far about Saturn, it is an interesting planet and misunderstood. It is really funny to me, how reading about Saturn has correlated with my tarot readings and the "message" that I've been getting there. They are trying to tell me the same thing! Guess it is time to stop ignoring it! :)

Edited to add: The planets series, which is also a sticky thread :rolleyes: is also great. Is there a way to make those sticky threads stand out more?

Enchanted

Well I have done a lot of exploring over the last few days and firstly I just want to take my hat off for all astrologers! :)

I feel like I am trying to learn a foreign language only someone gave me the wrong phrase book! :D My brain is fried! I have these ah-ha moments and then 20 questions. :(

If someone would be so kind as to answer my two questions I would be most appreciative.

Firstly, I have discovered that my Saturn and natal Sun have been in conjunction since October 2006 and due to end at the end of July 2007. Hence, I believe the tarot reading that said a time of testing was ending and that there was one more thing I needed to learn. It quite disinctly said "look to Saturn", so that is what I am trying to do.

The question is with this knowledge am I supposed to be looking at the house that Saturn is in, in my natal chart, or the house (s) that Leo occupies in my natal chart? Or just what a Saturn and Sun conjunction means in general?

As you can see I'm a bit confused! :confused:

The second question I have pertains to something that I read in the Planet series as an option.

Why is it important to consider if the place of your birth is now far away from where you live? What difference does this make? As I was born in England, and have lived in Australia (various states) since I was 7. Well, that is pretty geographically far! It's a 19 hour flight!

Any help here would be appreciated! My brain is fried! Astrologers, I don't know how you do it! :) My head hurts!

isthmus nekoi

Enchanted said:
The question is with this knowledge am I supposed to be looking at the house that Saturn is in, in my natal chart, or the house (s) that Leo occupies in my natal chart? Or just what a Saturn and Sun conjunction means in general?

Actually, all of those placements are relevant. To get the full picture of Saturn-sun, you may consider:

- natal sun, aspects it makes, house placement and the house(s) Leo is cusping.
- natal Saturn, aspects, house placement and houses it cusps (not just Capricorn, check out Aquarius too).
- the house Saturn is currently transiting

But I know that's a lot so perhaps it would be easiest to focus on Saturn alone first and the house it's transiting.

Another way to look at this is to find out when Saturn was making a different aspect to your sun (it would have squared it roughly 7 years ago, opposed it roughly 14 etc). Think about what happened then, consider any Saturnian themes that arose.

As for the second question, you're right, some astrologers would consider your moving a factor but it doesn't mean your natal chart becomes obsolete. I haven't really studied it in action though so I'm not sure what to make of it. You can google relocation astrology if you're curious.

Enchanted

Thanks so much isthmus nekoi, I will look at all this again tomorrow, when my brain is fresh and not fried as it currently is at 11:30pm and looking at Saturn all day long! :)

So just to clarify I should look at the houses that Saturn and Leo are in and any aspects? And the house that Saturn is currently transiting? Oh, where did I leave my brain, on one of Saturn's rings! :D

I will look up the relocation thing as that is just an aside that peaked my curiosity! And wondered what it meant. Curiosity killed the cat! :D

Thanks again! :) My brain feels less like onions! :)