When tarot drives you insane...

HearthCricket

So, here I am. All excited about rearranging my tarot collection, my oracles, my gems and crystals, my runes, bags, spreadcloths, books, etc. I have everything stored in a bureau of 5 drawers. Or, let's say I am supposed to have everything stored in it. I know eventually this project will come out great. But right now I am so overwhelmed. I have stuff coming out of my ears. Oh, the dining room table, the sofa, the den, my dresser all look great now. I even found the floor again! But my husband won't be able to crawl into bed with all the stuff I have out on his side. I have to get this done and I thought it would be fairly easy to get organized. It always does in your head! But now I am way over my head and since I did not feel well, this week, I am overtired and weak, and wondering why did I start this now??

Taking a break....hoping little elves drop by and start sorting through the chaos known as my collection. One good thing...I found all my little velvet bags of pendulums! Yippeee! They were hiding under some decks in bags!

EarthAngel2911

Oh, how funny this is to me! :D I cannot tell you how many times I've done this to my husband. Sometimes I get to the point, at least once a month, where I have to reorganize all of my decks and books back into my closet. So I take everything out and lay it all out on the bed. I get so excited that I can see my closet floor, and then I turn around and look at the bed, and it's 9PM, and I think, "Oops. Hubby's going to want to go to bed soon...." And he's fallen asleep on the couch more than once waiting for me to finish! LOL :D

HearthCricket

It is so good to know I am not the only one who does this! I have this great last drawer, which is the "fun" drawer. I keep my oracles, runes, pendulums, fancier working stones and spread cloths in it. Looks great. One problem. I forgot to make room for my pile of extra bags. And I have more coming in the mail. So, they are back sitting on top of the bureau as there is no place inside. I know what I have to do. I need to toss out more of those big, big boxes that Llewellyn decks come in, as well as some of my Baba boxes. I love my Baba boxes, but I have gorgeous bags for each deck and the books take up little room and I would gain tons of room just by doing that. Sigh....

I am so glad tomorrow is trash day! Many celephane wrappings and empty boxes to be smooshed!

EarthAngel2911

Eek! :eek: Before you throw out the outer boxes, what I've done is collapse all boxes that can collapse, and you'd be surprised how many can fit in a plastic bin under the bed. ;) (Of course, I'm one of those poor souls who doesn't know how to throw anything away.)

HearthCricket

EarthAngel2911 said:
Eek! :eek: Before you throw out the outer boxes, what I've done is collapse all boxes that can collapse, and you'd be surprised how many can fit in a plastic bin under the bed. ;) (Of course, I'm one of those poor souls who doesn't know how to throw anything away.)

No eeek. They are smooshed. I don't want them, as they waste a lot of space. If I sell any of these decks, ever, it won't be with those large boxes, anymore, regardless of what it might be worth. I always sell my decks at a cheap price and the postage is now too much to make it worth my while. All my Llewellyn decks are snug in lovely bags and will be used until they fall apart and need to be tossed out or donated to the local library! For now, they are mine! And things are looking much neater. Still some organizing to do, but much, much better!

TomTom

EarthAngel2911 said:

Oh geeee, why didn't I think of that????
I can reduce tree big boxes to only one, great, and thanks.

Chris