Thoth tarot lack of energy

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, i dont know why, but my fairly new purple thoth tarot deck feels like it has no energy around it, like its void of an essence. I have used it several times, and I dont feel anything no emotion towards it, while my large size thoth that i trimmed has lots of energy around it. What gives? I have no clue why all my 24 tarot decks have energies, this one draws a blank. So my question would be this, do you think its shy? Its so weird. lol. Any comments are welcome, and ideas of what to do would be great, thanks.

Serpenta

Skysteel

SerpentaAzothi said:
Hi, i dont know why, but my fairly new purple thoth tarot deck feels like it has no energy around it, like its void of an essence. I have used it several times, and I dont feel anything no emotion towards it, while my large size thoth that i trimmed has lots of energy around it. What gives? I have no clue why all my 24 tarot decks have energies, this one draws a blank. So my question would be this, do you think its shy? Its so weird. lol. Any comments are welcome, and ideas of what to do would be great, thanks.

Get some markers, doodle on them. Many short, sketchy 'action-lines' help.

Moonbow

I don't think decks are shy, but like any new object they are not worn in and familiar. To make a deck feel more like your own and be comfortable with it the best way, in my view, is to use it a lot, take it everywhere with you for a while and get really familiar with it. Although you already have a Thoth you may still have to do it with this one. To me, many new decks feel very cold until I start to warm to them, so I would say persevere in playing with it regularly..... daily even.

Durant Hapke

This is the now...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Skysteel is on it!

A collaboration of customization between you and the cards.

If your feeling a bit timid about "kicking it" right on the cards, might I suggest working it as I do?

Get your digits (and hands) on some post-it notes, and cut them into smaller "notes," and place them onto a bit of hear, and there, and work some lines across, to get a perspective on what it might be you rocking want to do.

Then work it, and feel the funk.

And Moonbow, is onto the killer action as well -- drag that stuff around -- Nice!

Wake them up, and bring it.

Durant "wash up before dinner" Hapke

Alta

I also agree with all posters above. In a way, when a deck is manufactured it is sort of asleep (I mean that metaphorically before anyone jumps up and down) and your use of and interaction with it, wakes it up. Do any or all of the above suggestions. :)

coeur

I agree that decks are sort of lifeless when you just get them. I just got the Osho Zen but I haven't really worked with them. I read through the Little White Book and I loved what it had to say...but the Thoth is my one true love and I sorry about incurring its wrath (I swear I'm not unfaithful, Thoth, you're still my one true love!) As a result the Osho Zen seems very...glossy and new and unworn.

The way to get them charged up is learning with them. I only own 2 decks and I have learned so much from my Thoth deck that it is really ridiculous. If you are not familiar with Kabbalah or numerology, try picking those up since the Thoth deck works mainly along those lines. Learning new things about different cards is what helps cementing you with your deck. Also, I am always caught with instances where I roll my eyes at my deck and mutter something like "you were right, you were right." That's when I really place my faith into my deck, and that's when my deck and I start having a deep and almost religious relationship.

Seafra

I've only gotten 4 new decks over the years. I agree that spending time with them (shuffling and what not) gives 'em a good positive stroke, but I also stuffed the entire deck into my pillow case and slept with them. Have no idea where that idea came from, but still do it to "charge" them up if they've been dormant for a while. Good luck! - Sea

cosmic_bubble

it might be worth trying one of the new deck spreads that're detailed in the spreads section :) the deck can then introduce itself to you ;)

Umbrae

...or perhaps you and your new Crowley Thoth are simply on differnt wavelengths...

It's there, you simply have to figure out how to tune in.

Sheri

SerpentaAzothi said:

Serpenta

If you think about it, you spent alot of "bonding" time with your large Thoth while you trimmed it. Maybe you need to come up with an activity that will allow you to spend some focused time with your smaller one. Maybe a symbolic trimming...take each card and go through the actions of trimming it but don't actually (use your fingers) - focusing on the images only. While you do that, you will be forming a bond with that deck too.

I like trimming decks (especially large Thoths) and found that I take something away from the process each time. The actions are mechanical - very meditative and that leaves you open to interactions with the deck that you don't realize until you pick it up - you are experiencing that with your trimmed deck.

Just an idea -

Best of luck to you :)

valeria