an answer to a stupid question needed

moderndayruth

I forgot to drow a card for the day in the morning so i drew it like around midnight, like "backwards" or retorgrade, i am not sure which is the right word.
I asked which card would stand for this day... to my surprise, there was a seven of wands, which i don't usually see as the fairy-tale card and that's exctly how my day was... So, my question was, can you actually do that, like drow the card of the day by it's end and not in the morning? Or my Tarot of Prague simply gave me an insight into tomorrow?
Thanks,
mdr

shelikes2read

I liken the idea of drawing a daily card at at the END of the day to reading one's horoscope at the end of the day. Sometimes if I don't get the chance to read the newspaper until the evening, for kicks, I'll say, "Gee, let's see what kind of day I had today!" and read the horoscope anyway. :)

As a card-reading exercise, it's still got its uses because you know what kind of day you had, and you can compare that to the meanings that you know the card has. That might be one way to broaden one's mental "dictionary entry" for the card that was drawn. "Gee, I can see where this card might relate to ____. I wouldn't have thought of that before, but I'll file that idea away for future use."

Grizabella

I think it would probably depend on what you were drawing it for. If you were drawing it for a retroactive card of the day, then that's what it would mean. This is an example of a good time to expand your own personal meanings of different cards. Maybe this would be a reversed meaning of the card for you. Or maybe by journaling about it, you'll discover something in that card that does apply to the day you had.

Sheri

Hi moderndayruth :)

I frequently use my daily draws for reflection versus divination, so I pull my card at nite and relate the card to how my day went. It is amazing how accurate that can be!

There are no rules, you can do whatever works for you and adapt the card draws to whatever you want. The intent that you feel when you shuffle and pull the card is what matters. So if you choose to pull a card for the day in the morning - you could also pull the card the night before if your intention is to have the card show you what the next day would be like.

I have also experimented with pulling a card for a date several days earlier (show me my day last Tuesday) and several days in the future (show me my day next Tuesday) and the cards have been accurate too!

Hope this helps you! Play around and see what happens - I think you will be surprised :D

valeria

moderndayruth

shelikes2read ,Solitaire, valeria, thank you so much! You know, i thought it was like a "commandment" to drow the daily card in the morning only, it just happened today that i forgot to do it ... and you know the rest :)
He, he, everyday i learn something new :)
Thank you, folks!
Love,
mdr xx

Goetian

Why not? :) Tarot can speak accurately about the past as well as the future! Just ask how today was, and that's what you'll get!

I often ask questions about the past with people...for example, "Did anyone get angry at me for what happened earlier today?" and so on. It works fine.

Sulis

I usually draw a card of the day in the evening and ask something like
'Tell me about today' or 'What can I learn from today?'

I find that the results are much easier to actually learn something from than when I draw a card in the morning and attempt to predict what will happen that day.

Alta

I also like the 'looking backwards and evaluating' aspect of tarot. Most of us, me included, do not live our lives with full awareness and tarot can help you look back over situations with clearer eyes and heart.

coeur

The tarot answers questions that you ask, so I would have faith that the 7 of Wands had some bearing for your day. The thing about tarot is that it can see beneath the surface so what seems like a completely unrelated card might soon turn out to be very insightful.

The 7 of Wands can be a fairytale card because it suggests living in an ideal despite the dust under the rug. It may suggests unification under idea alone despite weaknesses or the reality of your circumstances. For me, 7s have always been about laying around and enjoying the sun despite having other things to tend to, or perhaps being unaware of things brewing somewhere in the distance. Who knows? I always keep a journal so things always look surprisingly insightful after a good 5 days of simmering and stewing.

moderndayruth

Sulis said:
I usually draw a card of the day in the evening and ask something like
'Tell me about today' or 'What can I learn from today?'
Thank you, Sulis! When i read your post i realised it actually feels much better for me to draw the daily card in the evening :) It's just that i din't realise before this "looking backwards and evaluating aspect of tarot" as Marion perfectly names it :)
Gosh, this is one of the days i feel like "can i possibly be more stupid than this? howcome i didn't realise this before?!"
And coeur, what you say perfectly makes sense to me... It's just that after all this years i am still the "book worm" and i go like "hmmmmmm... in my book there is not an adequate meaning for the seven of wands in this situation... hmmm..." :( *mdr is beating up herself
So, i started (the fifth :) ) Tarot journal exclusively for "looking backwords and evaluating"
Thank you so much, guys!
Love,
Lena Ruth xx