carnelian causing pain?

ruski_svet

I asked my sister to see what she gets from a few of my stones, since she's more sensitive to energies than me. She loves my green flourite. A couple of my other stones just have a nice feeling, but my carnelian hurt the hand she was holding it in. Crystals sometimes let you know who they're meant for, but actually hurting someone?

I'm not good at picking up things from stones, though I have several and would like to, so I could work with them. Any ideas on what caused the pain?

KaiMoonshadow

It's a not-so-pleasant side-effect of Carnelian really doing its job! Carnelian is a repairing stone so if there is a particular part of you (on any level) which needs help, Carnelian can be uncomfortable, or even painful to have around. During healing treatments, Carnelian has to be used sparingly where someone is suffering for aches and pains, as it can sometimes intensify the pain before it gets better. That said, obviously if a particular stone makes you feel unbearably uncomfortable or painful, it is probably better to work with gentler stones which will ease some of the problem first.

Hope that helps! :)

ruski_svet

Thanks for the reply. Thought I read somewhere that carnelian takes a while to kick in.....*sigh* The reading I've done on crystals continues to be confusing.

YDM42

I had a similar experience with Selenite, held it in my hand on night and it felt like I was holding ice in my hand. I have some problems with nerve damage in that hand.

Briar Rose

So that's why my arm, and wrist was hurting. I haven't read this thread until now, your your right about the carnelian hurting, and repairing.

My wrists have felt so much better lately. I was wearing the carnelian bracelet with about 5 strands of it.

I really can feel the difference.

Thank you.

ruski_svet

My sis does have carpal tunnel from all the work she does on websites. She's not too into crystals though, but has agreed to "feel" any energy some might have.