Tarot Premonition? Or am I crazy?

shemsu sutekh

Just wanted to hear from other readers about this sort of thing.

If there's a reading I have coming up, whether professional, for a friend who asks, or for myself, sometimes something odd happens to me.

If I'm, say, doing the dishes or feeding my son, I'll breifly think, oh, I have a reading later, or tomorrow, and then a particular Tarot card will pop into my head. For no reason, I'm not running through cards in my head or anything.

Trouble is, every time that happens, the card that came to mind always comes up in the reading. It was not very often at first, but as I have come to know and understand the cards better and better, it's happening more and more.

So, does this happen to anyone? My first thought was that I could be projecting into the deck/reading, but I always preform a small cleansing meditation before I read, and my mind is completely blank when I'm shuffling and such.

Anything similar happen to anyone here?

It's never that "obvious" card that you would expect to show in a reading. It's always off the wall, or something about the question that I don't know about yet.

celticnoodle

wow, that is interesting! no, i don't recall that ever happening for me. however, i have noticed that my senses have improved dramatically since reading tarot. sometimes while doing a reading, i all of a sudden get a quick 'feeling' or I can see or hear something that turns out to be significant to the reading or to my client.

I wonder, have you ever tried to make a card appear? I mean, purposly think of a card when you know you are doing a reading, and then seeing if that card appears?

shemsu sutekh

celticnoodle said:
I wonder, have you ever tried to make a card appear? I mean, purposly think of a card when you know you are doing a reading, and then seeing if that card appears?

Hmmm...I may try that, but first feeling was "don't test the Tarot..." I wonder if it falls into that category, or if it would be more like training my intuition. It's probably the intention that counts, which of course would never be to purposely play with Tarot.

.traveller.

It happens to me. I just look at it as short term clairvoyance and leave it at that.

Dolphin_Dreamer

Wow very interesting and cool. I can't say I've had that happen like that but I have had premonitions of sorts that I would be doing the cards for someone, often a particular person and somehow just knew the subject. For some it isn't hard to know what they are going to be asking (ie the person with neverending relationship issues hehe). So often I do just tack it to logic, but there came a time when that 'excuse' just stopped being accurate hehe. I found that it was a sign of my abilities heightening and getting stronger, but also an indication (or warning?) of where they were going or could go... When it started I wasn't in a position to ask others or to get help (I was living in a small town) so I just went with the flow, took notice of when and how it happened and eventually took stronger notice of the 'excerpts' I might forsee. This was an indication to me that the stronger emphasis should be put on that part (and could be that you get a card and that that might be a pivotal focus or something for you and them). It wasn't something I felt I should push for the reason that I was concerned of projecting my own ideas into the spread, and I also didn't want to become reliant and forcing myself to get hints or something...