How do things work?

Water Lady

Perhaps I should be grateful and accept and I am...but the analictical brain woke first this morning.
I am pulling a card a day at the end of the day mostly to ask how did my day go. I am amazed at how very right on they are.
I have also done it at the beginning of the day and they also are very accurate.
So if I creating with the morning card what's with the night card?

I went into a new age store in area to pick up a calendar of events -spend no money -and pick up some good vibes...it worked...while wondering around I saw the pendulums and ask about them.
How do these work...I was told to ask a question you know the answer to, she suggested a rediculous one like can I fly? and another. So I went through the rack of about 10 thinking I don't think this is for me, how could this possible work???
As I held them out nothing was happening, even with the real pretty one that I would like to have had....until I got to 8 & 9 - nothing with 10.
8 & 9 both answered yes to my question, Are you the right one for me?
and no to, Can I fly? I am standing there with my mouth open now as this pendulum moved from up and down with first question to side to side with my second.
OK - so I picked one and spent some money, how could I not. It told me it was the right one.
I was not raised with this, much the opposite but at 69 I am finding out that this is not just casual, it seems to be a lot more then I expected.
I have been told a few times just lately, that I am very intuitive and that it was my purpose to learn, teach and help others this way but had made decisions early on that lead me to walk a different path.
I am trying to catch up...
Does everyone start this way - with only half believing?
With surprise when it is so right?
Shocked when pendulums talk to you?
Mystified by it all?

Alta

I had that same shock back in the early eighties with the I Ching. I had been doing tarot for about 12 years then, but was slower to really connect with it. I learned the I Ching and one night while alone I got a response that had my jaw dropping and at that moment, I just knew. Oddly I don't get those moments as much because I guess I have just come to accept that it all 'works'. Honestly everything, staring at leaves moving in the wind, 'works'. Love it.

memries

It is great fun Nan, such an adventure. I have a pendulum and use it sometimes. I don't like to get too hooked on it. They do work.
Just enjoy yourself that is all and find new things to investigate.

Nimbus

For me it is a little like that- there is a skeptic within that continues to hold caution, but the dreamer within sees it differently.

The few times I have read for myself when asking a very important question I have been stunned to see how accurate the cards have been. Each of the three times I have tried this over the past 6 years (I seldom read for myself) the results were uncanny.

Likewise, for the people who are close to me, for whom I have read, the results were also very compelling. I have only ever read for one stranger, and that was 'on line' just very recently and she indicated a strong connection with her reading.

My curiosity drew me into the tarot; the bit of 'mystery' of 'how it all works' holds my interest. One of the most difficult (but liberating) aspects of reading is to truly trust the cards and interpret them without a censor. It is not about what one might think the client might want to hear, or needs to hear, but what is in the cards.

Maybe because the cards pertain to life lessons and aspects of our path through our lives that they can seemingly touch on just the right point at just the right time.

Enjoy your journey as it will be a great one- especially if you have some catching up to do! :)

~Nimbus

Kalymura

Oh gosh, yes, Nan - I'm frequently shocked by the accuracy of both my cards and my dowsing crystal.

The first time I used a pendulum, it was my brother's. To be honest, he wasn't to happy about it either, but I had lost a book that meant so much to me. At that time, I wasn't aware I was supposed to ask yes/no questions, but rather walked about the house feeling for which way I was being lead. What I found was a different object long lost, forgotten and replaced! (showing the subconscious link) The irony was, the book too was in the same place (just a little more buried) and was found some weeks later, but I stopped looking with the crystal because I'd found something else.

My father then bought me my own dowsing pendulum, and it's carried on from there.

In my opinion, being surprised by the tarot and by dowsing really shows us the levels of the mind at work. That logically and consciously will still doubt, but that we use them in the first place shows we have intuition or faith.

I haven't been able to find a general dowsing thread here, but I'd love to know how you get on with your pendulum, Nan. It's great that you found one you connect with.

Blessings, Kaly.

Water Lady

My father then bought me my own dowsing pendulum,

how wonderful Kalymura that you have a family to teach you - That would be a whole different world then mine.
My husband does not believe, I hid things years ago but now they are all over the house in the open and he knows I am studing and I occasionally will read something or tell him about a card that is so accurate for the day.
I am loving it and learning so much about myself.

Kalymura

Nan said:
My husband does not believe, I hid things years ago but now they are all over the house in the open and he knows I am studing and I occasionally will read something or tell him about a card that is so accurate for the day.

When I started learning tarot, I did hide it, thinking that my family would not just disbelieve but actually be angry. How wrong I was! I have consideration for my grandmother when she visits and so put things away (though I think she'd be more understanding than we give her credit for); whereas I'm already pretty much seen as a heathen to my Evangelical Uncle and his family - so I can't make that any worse. But, as with any magical tool the following applies: harm none. In other words, as long as I'm always being careful and considerate, it's allowed. They're always welcome to their opinions, and - of course - not to believe.

You're right, nonetheless, it does help to have at least one person 'on your side', in this case - my father.

It sounds as though you now have a similar arrangement with your husband, Nan, and as he gets used to things - you never know - he may become interested too :)

Emily

I got my 'AHA' moment with playing cards. For as long as I can remember I've collected books about various methods of divination but I started young.

My first introduction to playing cards was when I was about 10 and a friend of my Nan's gave me a piece of paper with playing card meanings on. It started me off on a life-long love of anything connected with divination. The paper has long been lost but it wasn't the typical 'you shall meet a dark-haired man' or 'you'll be hearing from somebody from your past'. It went a lot deeper than that and I started to collect anything I could get my hands on. But in those days it was all very Occult based, not New Age and I got in a little too deep.

I moved on from playing cards but it wasn't with my first deck that I had my first revelation it was my third deck, the Spiral. This deck used to practically scream at me, the problem was I didn't always understand what it was trying to say.

I've always been skeptical about things until I see them working myself, I didn't believe in spirits, ghosts or UFO's until I saw with my own eyes.

I have no idea how tarot cards or other divination methods work, I only know that they do.

I have a slight problem with pendulums though LOL - I have a couple of lovely pendulums and sometimes they work with me and sometimes they don't.