Taroting crystals

ruski_svet

I wanted to get a feel for my crystals individually, beyond what I've read about them, so I'm drawing a couple cards for each. I'd choose a crystal, and pick 2 cards, one for what I can use it best for and the other for its energy level. I started with the bowl I keep a stone for each chakra in. So far....

(I used the Llewellyn since it's earthy but mythical, felt perfect to use them on crystals.)

Bloodstone: Knight of Pentacles/ 6 of Cups

It is a physical stone, maybe the knight means its a speedy worker? Wheat in the background- food/digestion, grounded stone, wholesome.
6 of cups- gentle energy

Smoky Quartz: Knight of Wands/ Queen of Swords

Not as dependable as I thought smokies were, uplifting/breakaway like the knight. Queen- nurturing, sword- cutting away blocks

Citrine: 8 of Wands/ Hermit

Pulled the 8 of Cups and 4 of Swords first, then these. Wands-more pickup than cups. Someone carries a lantern in the 8 of Cups, like the Hermit. The Cups is such a sad card for a citrine. But, the 8's together seem like motivation, realizing and moving on. Quiet stone, lantern clears away murkiness.

Rose Quartz: Chariot/ 7 of Swords

On the first pull, got the Magician and 4 of Cups. Maybe a stone I should work more closely with. The majors surprised me, rose quartz always seemed quiet. Though the purpose of this is to get a sense of each stone with its own individual personalities. Maybe this is to get my attention like, "Look what I can do!".
The 4 and 7 seem resigned, maybe clearing away hangups to make room for the power in the majors.

I'll keep adding more crystals as I go along. Please let me know what you think.

moderndayruth

rusky_svet, do you use rose quartz for the herth chakra? I am not an connossier, but maybe the cards were also hinting on which areas you can focus your attention when working with chacras?
btw, thank you for the inspiration, i have a lot of semi-precious stones at home that i am not sure what i can use them for, this is a great idea to ask the Tarot for guidance :)
Love,
mdr xx

ruski_svet

Hey ruth,
I don't work on chakras regularly, it's something I'm just starting. I probably do neglect the upper chakras, since I've been into the colors of the lower one, reds and oranges. Those majors were hinting at some tlc for the heart.

moderndayruth

ruski_svet,
I did the drow you suggested for an amazing crystal that i basically use as a "sopramobile" and my Tarot of Prague told me...
what I can use it best for - The Hierophant;
and for its energy level - 10 of cups, which is awasome, because this are some of the cards that are like most special for me :)
i hope you'll be posting as you progress in "knowing " you crystals :)
Thank you for the inspiring thread
Love,
mdr

wizzle

Great idea. I think I'll try it.

But why did you make an additional pull in some cases?

ruski_svet

I pulled a second card with each to see if its energy is low or needs cleansing. But I've been reading it along with the first, like if it's a gentle stone or not. It adds to the other.