Deciding which oracle deck

Water Lady

I am not sure where to post this?
I am wanting to try a oracle deck to see if I can wake up my intuition. It is there but speaks on it's own, not when I ask.
I have recently had a experience with a angle coming to comfort me and so thought maybe a Angel deck would be good for a beginner.
Is there a way to find a good deck for yourslef when looking at all the cards is hard?

pickled pixie

Hi Nan,

I don't know of any Angel decks but I have recently bought The Faeries Oracle and it is truely AMAZING!!! It speaks straight from the heart and already it has changed me into a nicer person (this may sound odd but you really have to try it) It is brilliant for intuitive readings too!! I can't reccommend this deck enough :D

PP xxx

Elven

Hi Nan :D

I love the Angel Oracle too - lovely deck!

If you are drawn to Angels there are quite a few decks which you might like to browse through ... you can find uite a few in the Oracle Deck section of the forum - just go to the drop down list and go to 'Oracle decks'. Or see on your screen in the right hand corner up the top there ...:rolleyes: :p ... press the CARDS and go in there and you'll see that there are lists of Oracles as well - theyre all named and listed and you can browse through some of the illustrations on the Angel Cards.

For Angel type readings, I prefer Toni Carmine Salerno decks ... he has a lovely deck called Ask An Angel. This deck is helpful for personal inspiration and self reflection, but also gives great intuitive readings for the Seeker - so you can use it for yourself or read for others with it ... Spirit Oracle is another lovely deck, it has words and inspirations on the cards - so you may prefer something like this ...

Just check the cards for words and headings - some have them some dont ...

There are also many decks by Doreen Virtue, if you like her decks, they can be very insightful and gently open you to the wisdom of the Angels and messages ...

If you are moving from Tarot to Oracle you might find that the Froud Faeries Oracle easy to work with - you might find that the book that accompanys the deck will help you also, as it has plenty of great material to help you get in touch with the deck, and suggestions of how to use them ... and the fae are great teachers too ...

Maybe you'd prefer an Oracle which has very little in the way of 'prompts' like the titled cards have, and may find that your intuition is sparked by colours and symbols predominately ... so aybe choose a deck which has no writing.

I found Rune stones easy to read as well - and very rich in information ...

If you choose an Oracle which 'gets you thinking' longer than just the meaning in the book - you might find that this helps you realize you are grasping intuitive information and getting the message.

Have a look through the Oracle Deck forun though, and the Oracle Cards section ... you'll be there for ages :p
You might find that once you choose an Oracle ... if you put its name into the Seach Function ... you might find a reading or a thread talking about the deck or look over some readings done with the deck ...

just some suggestions

Blessings Elven x

Water Lady

Thank you so much Elven, lots of information. this will keep me busy for quite a while. I will start looking.
I had thought of the animal dreaming as I loved your readings but I think perhaps that is you.
I am trying to watch hard so I don't miss your next offer for reading from that deck. Just beautiful, I have learned some from reading them.
I love wild life and so have also been drawn to those cards but just did not know how to use them.

Thanks and Blessings

Pao

you should look at some of doreen virtue's deck. My very first oracle deck was her "Healing with the angels" and until this day its one of my fave :D she has a lot so you can look at some of the decks here and see which one "calls" to you.

welcome to the oracle world you're gona love it!!!!!!!! :D

Little Hare

Hello Nan,

I second Elven's choice of Ask An Angel cards by Tony Carmin Salerno. They are amazing! As are the Animal Dreaming cards by Scott Alexander King. Go with your gut when buying an oracle, it doesn't matter if you don't know how to use them because you will soon learn :D... I actually find Oracles (and this is me personally) can be easier for me then tarot...

Good luck with your search and let us know what you get!

Water Lady

Thanks again for all the good hints, still looking around.
I am having trouble finding some of the decks mentioned. like "Ask an angel"...
It does not seem to be listed under oracle decks or I am looking wrong.
I would like to see the cards. but even then it is hard when you see so few.
any other places I can go to find the cards?

shemsu sutekh

The Faeries Oracle is fun, very deep (when they wanna be :) ) and beautiful. I've had it for years and years (it's really messed up) but I still love it.

Little Hare

Nan said:
Thanks again for all the good hints, still looking around.
I am having trouble finding some of the decks mentioned. like "Ask an angel"...
It does not seem to be listed under oracle decks or I am looking wrong.
I would like to see the cards. but even then it is hard when you see so few.
any other places I can go to find the cards?

Oops sorry for the ask an angel cards go here and scroll down the page

http://www.tonicarminesalerno.com/oracle_index.htm

you shall find a selection of all his oracle decks there! Hope this helps :D

Chronata

oh my.

Thank you Elven, and peace pixie!

I had never even heard of the Selerno Ask an Angel cards!

I went to the link...
and felt immediately and profoundly drawn to one of the sample cards.

the message was Art...
so very very appropriate for me right now...

Thank you!

These are a must...