New deck is missing a card... WWYD?

Nimbus

Hello Everyone,

I finally bought a tarot deck I had been wanting for a long time-the Druid Craft Tarot (new, still in cellophane upon purchase).

While taking my first look throught the deck, all cards seemed to be present and accounted for except for the Queen of Swords. Instead of her, there was a second ten of swords in her place.

Would you take the deck back to the store? Or, would you simply mark the card in the margin as the Queen of Swords and carry on?

What is interesting from a personal view is that when I read for myself, or another person does, swords always figure predominantly in the spread. At least half or more will be swords....every. single. time.

So.... intresting that the missing card is the Queen of Swords! Doubly interesting is that the substitute card is a sword (10 of swords no less!) I think I am going to have fun trying to figure this out... but not sure what to do about it.

I think I would like to have that missing card. No chance that there is 'bad luck' working with an incomplete or incorrect deck, is there?....

Thanks,

~Nimbus

GeorgiePorgie

Take it back to the store as soon as you can. Ring them in the meantime.

Abrac

I don't know where you got it, but most stores would refund or exchange it considering the circumstances. If it isn't a major inconvenience I would take it back. No sense settling for an incomplete deck if you don't have to.

Neely75

I'd contact the seller too. Maybe even the publisher. It may be one of a batch which all have the same problem. Not only that, you deserve to have the full set of beautiful cards which you have paid for. :)

AJ

Usually if you contact the publisher they will mail you a replacement card, they keep some decks back just for that reason. Once I have a deck in my hands it becomes MINE and I don't want to give it up.

Emily

I'd take it back - you might get problems getting a replacement card. The deck was faulty so I don't see why you should get the hassle of having to get in touch with the publisher then waiting for responses and the card. You could just take it straight back to where you bought it from and come out with a replacement.

HearthCricket

Definitely take it back to the store with all its packaging, cards and wrapping. Show them that the card is missing and you have an extra in place. Either get a new one from them or have them reorder or go elsewhere. If you get it from them, whether it is already in the store or a special order, insist that you open it right then and there to check it. They can watch on. Go through each card carefully. If it is fine, buy it or if you have already paid for it, just take it home and enjoy it. If something is wrong, don't get it. If they refuse to allow you to open it up and look it over, they are in the wrong and don't shop there, anymore. The customer has the right to perfect goods when buying something new.

SarahRose

Take it back.

Debra

Yep. If you bought a BOOK that had pages missing, or extra sections, they'd take it back without a question. No big deal--sometimes printing and binding and packing etc. goes awry.

SunChariot

I'd take the deck back and exchange it, but at the same time I would note the missing card and which card was doubled. To me I would consider that a message from the universe and that it was trying to tell me something.

So I would try to see what the two cards had to say for themselves, both the missing one, and the one that you got two of.... Once I figured out what the message was and I felt I had learnt what I was meant to from it, then I would go exchange the deck.

Babs