Client Feedback Postings?

Nimbus

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of constructing a website. What is the general consensus regarding having a page or section of 'testimonials' from clients?

Does it help give confidence to potential clients? I have seen a few on some sites, while other sites, like those on Kasamba (for the readers listed), have hundreds- but it is a reader-rated site after all. For those of you with an internet tarot business, do you think this is important?

If so, how many maximum should be posted? In some ways it seems uncomfortable for me to have this on the site (as in "Well of course she will only allow feedback that is positive on her site") but I want to make sure potential clients feel comfortable (which may only come from reading what others have said) and willing to give me a try.

*sigh*

Perhaps I think too much.....

Any information or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

~Nimbus

Bonnie

Websites

Nimbus:

My personal feeling on this is that I do not include them. Having said that, I have to add that while I offer readings on my site, that is not my primary goal. Like you, I feel uncomfortable with them. It is too much like patting myself on the back, and, as you mentioned, there is the thought that "Of course she won't put up negative comments!"

The big thing here is to feel comfortable with whatever is on your site. And remember ... you can always go back and revise it if you ever do decide to add them. :)

Blessings,
Bonnie

Nimbus said:
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of constructing a website. What is the general consensus regarding having a page or section of 'testimonials' from clients?

Does it help give confidence to potential clients? I have seen a few on some sites, while other sites, like those on Kasamba (for the readers listed), have hundreds- but it is a reader-rated site after all. For those of you with an internet tarot business, do you think this is important?

If so, how many maximum should be posted? In some ways it seems uncomfortable for me to have this on the site (as in "Well of course she will only allow feedback that is positive on her site") but I want to make sure potential clients feel comfortable (which may only come from reading what others have said) and willing to give me a try.

*sigh*

Perhaps I think too much.....

Any information or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

~Nimbus

Mellifluous

I agree: you can always add them on or take them off later if you change your mind.

I just put an email address to send feedback. I didn't make a page or area for displaying comments, though I reserve the right to do so in the future. lol

Try out whatever you think is best and stay flexible about it. See what works best for you or if it even makes any difference down the line.

:)

Nimbus

Thanks very much for the replies. I have decided to not include any feedback (testimonials) on the site. I agree with the information offered above and will move forward now!

Tomorrow is the meeting with the graphic/web designer. Since I will not be including the testimonials, I can use the 'page space' on the site for far more interesting stuff!! I am not at all able to create my own site due to "technical inabilities" so I am happy to have found such a talented soul to help me out! :)

~Nimbus

Mellifluous

You're welcome. Best of luck with your site! :)

Umbrae

Hate them, they tell me nothing about the reader.

Some readers, even write their own fake testimonials and put them up as real.

Nope - use the memory for something worthwhile.

Sulis

I did have a Testimonials page on my website but I've recently got rid of it.

I've found that if folks have something to say about my readings, bags or reading cloths then they generally use the Guestbook.