What Kinds of Tarot Decks Would you like to See?

Honey~Bee

I thought maybe I'd post a thread seeing what kinds of tarot decks people would like to see considering there are tons of different decks out there.

And if you haven't see it maybe someone else has and can direct you on the right path to find them.

I personally as childish as it may sound would like to see

X-Men Tarot
Cinderella or Snow White Tarot
I wonder if they have Lord of the Rings Tarot? If they do I'd like to see those.
Maybe some with lots of angels or arch angels.

Goth of course cause those are wicked cool!

Oh and if there are any decks that you'd like to refer so I could put them on my wish list that would be really nice!

Thankies

Honey~Bee

shadowdancer

I think there are so many tarot decks now there is no real 'style' I have a yearning for. (other than my own deck which is created in description / book, but alas no artist yet who has wanted to take them on :( ) Certain decks do appeal but my collection is incredibly varied for sure.

However, I would love to see a holgraphic deck, or even a 3D deck. I think with the thickness involved it might have to be a majors only publication, but there are no frontiers that can't be crossed, bearing in mind how quickly the technological revolution is moving. I am not sure what the finished product would be like, but with the right artist and design it could work, particularly with the 3D effect. My partner is an electronics engineer. He reckons with the way microchips have become so small there is no reason why at some stage, the cards couldn't be animated with possibly a few different scenarios available on each card covering aspects such as reversals, blocks, traditional upright meanings etc. He did try to theorise with me but I did get a little confused - wiring a plug is about the limit of my technological ability :)

I know some may think this is taking away some of the spiritual link away from using tarot, and I think they would be right. I still get a bit remorseful at the fact Disney films are no longer hand drawn and painted like they used to be, but that is because I was brought up with all the original films along with their magic. Those under the age of perhaps 30 would not understand my nostalgia, which might be the same with tarot cards of the technological age of the future.

Who knows eh???

Davina

Disa

I would like to see more pagan and nature based decks.

tarot4fun

Honey~Bee said:
X-Men Tarot
Cinderella or Snow White Tarot
I wonder if they have Lord of the Rings Tarot? If they do I'd like to see those.
Maybe some with lots of angels or arch angels.

Goth of course cause those are wicked cool!

Oh and if there are any decks that you'd like to refer so I could put them on my wish list that would be really nice!
Just a few you might like to look up:
The Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo
Lord of the Rings Tarot
Angels Tarot

The Bohemian Gothic Tarot ~ still in the process of being made.

"What Kinds of Tarot Decks Would you like to See?"
I think a tarot deck from the movie Chocolat would be SWEET!

Suz :heart:

Sinduction

I am in the process of making a Star Wars tarot for my own personal use. I'm using stills from all the movies. I plan to have the images actually horizontal on the cards instead of vertical to mimic widescreen. It's a long, long process.

It's too bad the x-men movies don't have more characters in them or I'd do a deck for that too. But I suppose there are enough images from the comics that we could make that one. We could work on that, but I don't know enough about all the characters.

I have the LOTR tarot up for trade in a thread, let me know if you're interested and we could swap.

I also have the Vargo Gothic, not for trade though. It is a beautiful deck.

I :heart: the idea of a holographic or 3d deck! I am one of those who is insanely visually stimulated. I cannot pass by anything that is shiny! What a wonderful idea. We should get together on that idea. I'd love to bounce around our thoughts.

Great thread btw :)

missycab

I'd like to see more tarots based on books. I saw the Jane Austen tarot and I liked it, and now that I'm re-reading Jane Eyre (I love that book!), I think that it'd be nice to see a tarot deck about those romantic books of the 1800... Jane and Mr. Rochester as the lovers, St. John Rivers as the Hierophant... it'd be cool!!!!

In my -short- free time, and when I can use my mom's computer... I work on a "Jules Verne Tarot"... so far I have made ...... 1 card.... ja ja. A bit slowly! :p

And also I'd like to see more tarot decks based on painters. Like the Leonardo Da Vinci or Dali. Imagine... a Picasso Tarot! Perhaps it could be also based on museum's colections: the Louvre Tarot!

HearthCricket

I would like to see a high quality Charles Dickens deck with his characters and famous scenes used for a full 78 card deck. Not an LS deck with cheap cartoon pics, though. I want something with a great deal of style. I would like them to be in the artistic style of the time, or much like the original drawings and possibly just black and white, so they look like book engravings.

I still want a Pre-Raphaelite deck with a William Morris design back to them!

I would love a Pagan/Wicca Tarot deck by the same people who did the Well Worn Path and the up and coming Hidden Path Oracles.

I would like Froud to put out a Good Fairy/Bad Fairy Tarot deck. :D

And I would love for more classy Gothic decks to come out, like Baba's Bohemian Gothic, which I am very excited about.

Maybe more decks on the History of England or Queens and Kings and famous Englishmen/women throughout history.

Little Hare

I want a tarot deck of Angels BUT done it comic book style (think x-men), none of this religous angels style stuff... i had an image of the emperor being a detective with a ciggerate hanging out of his mouth and a bent halo... scurrying down a dark allway...

I even emailed riccarddo and he said it was a good idea but that most people love angels... re: religous style... *sigh* oh well... Id create it myself but i'm not the best at drawing

Azarial

I would also like Froud to put out a Good Fairy/Bad Fairy Tarot deck.

Let's see... A Victorian Christmas themed deck would be lovely during the holidays. I like my Halloween Tarot, but it would be nice if there one that was a little more spooky. A ghost deck would also be nice. Also a deck that focused just on past lives.

Little Hare

Honey-Bee,

I know Lo Scarabeo are putting out a new angels tarot soon, i can't remember when though... oh and there already are som lotr tarot... google it and see what comes up