mars conjunct saturn in capricorn - constructive?

star-lover

do you see this as a *making it happen* aspect? it reminds me of the magician and the world combined

also is this a good aspect to have in a synastry reading

the male mars in the females 5th house conjunct her saturn?

i know this pairing has some harsh things said about it but from personal experience it's working out quite well (synastry wise i mean) - i find these 2 planets when friends can solve alot of problems together - the mars can cut through the inhibitions of saturn and bring a certain freshness to old ideas/assumptions whilst saturn is guiding mars if that makes sense

any thoughts v welcome

Elven

:eek: is this conjuct around at the moment :bugeyed:
*Elven barricades windows and doors*
... looking forward to see some answers too star-lover

*Hides under bed*

Blessings Elven x

dadsnook2000

Lots of meanings

Mars and Saturn can symbolize many conflicting possibilities. Like all symbols, they seek to express themselves in as many ways as possible. This is what makes it difficult for early-studies students to interpret a chart.

Mars conjunct Saturn can represent contrasts such as:
** Stop and go situations; mars wants to do something, saturn wants to plan and go slowly.
** Disciplined energy; actions take on a purposeful form, are highly efficient in their application and results.
** Ebertin notes "harmful or destructive energy, inhibited or destroyed vitality.
** Harshness in one's plans and actions, being in harmful or dangerous situations.
** Endurance, persistence, dogged and rigid attempts to prevail.
** Problems with bones and joints, inflamation, difficulty with breathing, damage to the skin.

Looking at these two planets alone can be dismaying to understand, but by bringing in house positions and aspects to other planets, their more likely forms of expression might be more easily determined. However, like all things astrological, many other things come into play.

Dave

star-lover

Elven said:
:eek: is this conjuct around at the moment :bugeyed:
*Elven barricades windows and doors*
... looking forward to see some answers too star-lover

*Hides under bed*

Blessings Elven x

lol - no its not - i was just asking about the combined energies of these 2 planets in general and how could manifest, but also about how they work in synastry

come out now stop hiding
you have a few weeks peace because mars will square saturn soon
:D

dont worry - perhaps tension/frustration in the air - what you don't want is saturn opposite pluto because that means a big war

star-lover

dadsnook2000 said:
Mars and Saturn can symbolize many conflicting possibilities. Like all symbols, they seek to express themselves in as many ways as possible. This is what makes it difficult for early-studies students to interpret a chart.

Mars conjunct Saturn can represent contrasts such as:
** Stop and go situations; mars wants to do something, saturn wants to plan and go slowly.
** Disciplined energy; actions take on a purposeful form, are highly efficient in their application and results.
** Ebertin notes "harmful or destructive energy, inhibited or destroyed vitality.
** Harshness in one's plans and actions, being in harmful or dangerous situations.
** Endurance, persistence, dogged and rigid attempts to prevail.
** Problems with bones and joints, inflamation, difficulty with breathing, damage to the skin.

Looking at these two planets alone can be dismaying to understand, but by bringing in house positions and aspects to other planets, their more likely forms of expression might be more easily determined. However, like all things astrological, many other things come into play.

Dave

many thanks for that dave - especially the bit about bringing in houses/other aspects to hone it down

yes its good to experiment with joining keywords/brainstorm possible meanings and yes many things come into play to either support certain possible expressions or take off on a totally different route

thanks again

the actions take on a purposeful form was the one that fits my situation - nothing is wasted and time is not spent on pointless stuff :) i also see it as clearly defining what one wants, and establishing very clear boundaries and sticking to them

dadsnook2000

Definition

Saturn is very much about defining things: your plans now, what to get rid of, what to prepare for, how much resources to use. I think we did a "Saturn through the chart houses" thread within the Planet Series if anyone wants to see what the group did back then. Dave

willowfox

I feel that Mars/ Saturn conjunction will prove to be destructive in the end.

Saturn will see Mars as childish and lacking in discipline, so Saturn will show their disapproval, angering Mars.

Saturn will try and control Mars by using limitation and blocking his energy, causing frustration and anger in Mars.

This will result in anger, leading to possible physical aggression that would in all likelyhood cause Mars to leave. Leaving Saturn in a very vengeful mood.

Minderwiz

Dave is right to point out that many other factors need to be considered before arriving at any final interpretation of such a conjunction. As the situation seems to be rather hypothetical it is virtually impossible to be definitive.

However, for what it's worth the following points may be helpful. Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn, it feels at home and is constructive in this sign. Saturn's downside is fear and an unwillingness to act or accept change. In Capricorn this downside is unlikely to display.

Mars is also in exaltation in Capricorn. Here Mars is likely to be brave and constructively assertive rather than simply violent or malevolent. So there is a strong chance that such a combination will provide the assertiveness to behave in a constructive and planned manner.

Whether this has any significant effect depends on where in the chart it lies by house position or simple angularity or lack of it. It would also be affected by any aspects from other planets and points, so at one extreme we could have literally a force for constructive progress and at the other a misdirected or even non directed force which is unable to be properly expressed.