Personal Tarot Card Generator

Demon Goddess

I saw this on Face Book. I thought it was really cool.

T

Gemini Rising

I didn't like that too much...the Heirophant appeared for me in almost every set, and I'm the exact OPPOSITE of the Heirophant. While I'm compassionate and merciful (most of the time), I'm quite unconventional and almost hate tradition and conformity. I'm all for revolution of any kind.

Are you supposed to use your birth name, or the name you use most often?

willowfox

All that is necessary is your date of birth, so it seems to have an astrological Sun sign base, the tarot cards just give the readings a new face instead of the planets and signs. My sign is Aquarius and all the cards I got reflected that.

Guiding Cauldron

wow that was a bit spooky, seems highly accurate on my side.

Harfang

Pretty good, but I gotta say -- someday, I hope there's a similar generator out there that includes the minor arcana. I suppose it would have to do your entire astrological chart, or numerologically analyze a bunch of things...I have no idea how it'd be done. I know: quite the non sequitur; but the majors do get all the glory. ;)

jmd

One thing I generally avoid is adding details such as this to someone's database, especially as I have no idea who they are.

Basically, people's first, middle and surnames are possibly placed in a database with that person's date of birth (one piece of information often used for identification purposes). If the site is legitimate and the owners are to be trusted that no such information is being collected, fine... but there is no obvious indication that they are NOT collecting and collating data.

It's pretty easy to do by hand if such kind of numerological basis is desired for a single card, so would personally suggest to take a few minutes and do it that way - or via another site that is known and clearly affirms that no data is being kept.

Geenius at Wrok

Damn -- good point! I checked the site for a privacy policy and found no link to one . . . after using the interface. X-\ I'm usually more careful than that. I think jmd is right: steer clear.

Demon Goddess

jmd said:
One thing I generally avoid is adding details such as this to someone's database, especially as I have no idea who they are.

Basically, people's first, middle and surnames are possibly placed in a database with that person's date of birth (one piece of information often used for identification purposes). If the site is legitimate and the owners are to be trusted that no such information is being collected, fine... but there is no obvious indication that they are NOT collecting and collating data.

It's pretty easy to do by hand if such kind of numerological basis is desired for a single card, so would personally suggest to take a few minutes and do it that way - or via another site that is known and clearly affirms that no data is being kept.

Fwiw, as I stated before, I used it on Face Book. When I changed pages, the results disappeared and to see them again, I would have had to input the information again. I do not believe it is being databased... but it's an excellent thought, for those concerned about ID theft.

T