PDA

View Full Version : amethyst and hangovers

star-lover
17-07-2007, 06:25
i have read that if you put amethyst crystals in your drink it doesn't get you drunk - is this true? if so how do you do it then?

Rin
17-07-2007, 17:19
It was an ancient Greek technique to make goblets inlaid with amethyst to prevent the bad side of drinking.

Never heard of it being put IN the drink, though. I would advise against it, however.

Briar Rose
18-07-2007, 02:17
I think what they meant by putting it in the drink was this:

to make any liquid absorb the energy from the Amethyst. You wouldn't ingest the stone in any way.

It's the same thing as making gem elixir. You don't put any of the gems in your mouth.

Some people say to put the gemstone in a jar, or a glass, and let it sit in the sun, and then drink the water, not the gem.

I haven't tried this. I think buying a book about gem elixir's would be the wise thing to do.

star-lover
18-07-2007, 06:39
ok thank you all for the replies - i didnt think you would put the crystals in the drink while drinking it

so what do i do?

put an amethyst in a jar of wine and leave it overnight? :d or during the day rather lol to be ready for the evening?

suppose the best thing to do is not drink overboard lol

ok im gonna try it when i get back from holidays and see if it works lol

KaiMoonshadow
18-07-2007, 06:54
Two friends of mine have tried using Amethyst for this purpose and they just wear the Amethyst on their person. They found it very effective :)

Mi-Shell
18-07-2007, 14:35
A legend:
ok; there was the god Bachus.
And he loooooooved wine.
And like always, he was drunk.
Only THAT time he was more drunk than usual......!!!
And he saw the beautiful Maiden Amethist.
and he got-- well -- he got very horny!
And he came on to her....
But she wanted nothing to do with that scoundrel and told him to leave her allone.
But Bachus was a god and not used to be brushed of and started chasing her. Amethyst ran away, but she was a mere mortal and just could not run as fast as that drunken Skunk. (oooopss - sorry...)
So he was catching up to her fast. "I get you, I grab you and I doo you some good" he hollered....
In her distress Amethyst called out to the goddess Athena for help.
"Oh please great Goddess save me" she called out!
Athena will always protect fellow maidens in distress and also now she made magic:
Just as Bachus was catching up with Amethyst; just as he lowered his breaches and exposed his --- you know what --- Just then Athena transformed Amethyst into a huge hard pointy rock.
And right into that Bachus slammed his you know what!--- ouuutch!!!! x*^zz*~h#y#**ouuuuu! he howled!
From that day on beautiful Amethist is found everywhere, protecting people from the ravages of drunkeness ---
--and Bachus???
Well since then his -- you know what-- is crooked, shriveld up and useless and all he has left is the wine......

wizzle
18-07-2007, 16:11
Nothwithstanding the legends, if you drink you get drunk. Period. Amethyst is of no help. Amethyst is helpful in resisting the temptations of wine, though. I think that's because it tends to open up a larger world which is what most folks who drink might want.

Wine in the ancient days was not at all what we would expect. It was actually boiled and then re-fermented. Wierd.

LixiPixi
25-07-2007, 17:39
Generally speaking, I would think that because the affects of alcohol are so various, that while there is a beneficial affect of it, simultaniously, there is a negative affect of it.

I, for one, have been curious while in my search of crystals to find one that would be helpful in this particular area.

If there is any truth to using an amethyst as an alternative/helpful elixer, boy, would I like to hear more about it! I mean, if worse comes to worse, it can't hurt, right?

I have been looking into this area.......where crystals would be helpful to alcoholism. Any positive/successful insight would be greatly appreciated.

LP~

floracove
25-07-2007, 22:59
I have been looking into this area.......where crystals would be helpful to alcoholism. Any positive/successful insight would be greatly appreciated.

LP~
Pixy, while doing research for gemstones, I found a sight.
Do a search with the words, "Sobriety Stones", you should come across the AA sight for them.

While I'm in here...
I do know you can write the words of herbs on a piece of paper and place a clear glass full of water on top of them and they will have an affect on the water in the glass, I was actually using this for something else, and went for a few days forgetting about my water. When I did remember to drink it the water smelled and tasted very strongly, just like the herb written on the paper. I thought that was pretty neat as well as confirming to me that yes indeed, this did work, like I had been told it would.

ninashita
27-07-2007, 15:17
A couple of months ago one of my closest friends was sent into the hospital with alcohol poisoning (15 shots of straight vodka plus a beer or two in less than I hour, according to record from the people that were there). I found out about it that same night when I called to check if she was ok (God bless intuition!) and her mom told me the whole story. The next day I went to visit her, she wasn't hangover but, well you can imagine she wasn't in the best of states.
Months earlier I had been stone-browsing with another friend, and came across this Amethyst pendant and bought it on instinct. Before I left my friend's house that day, I handed her my pendant (which I barely took off) and she kept it around her for months and returned it to me only when she was free of her addiction saying that the stone had helped her be strong. Soon after, I was reading Scott Cunninham's book on crystal and in the Amethyst section it mentioned that is good to get over alcoholism. Figures.

LixiPixi
28-07-2007, 03:54
floracove - thank you for the information! I will definitely look into them and give the water/paper thing a try.

ninashita - what an amazing story! Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad to hear your friend is doing well. :)

LP~

LixiPixi
02-08-2007, 16:26
floracove - I've finally found some free time to visit the Sobriety Stones website. WOW!! I can't thank you enough for the link! It offers so much more than just information on sobriety, but includes that info, too, for those that may need it. It is very insightful mentally, spiritually and physically, and I appreciate the link - thank you! :thumbsup:

LP~

Grizabella
02-08-2007, 18:07
Well, the only way I know of to prevent getting drunk using an amethyst stone would be to throw away the wine and swallow the stone. Other than that, if you drink wine, you're going to risk getting drunk.

Wizzle is right. If you drink enough, you get drunk. I've certainly done extensive research in that area and consider myself an expert. :)

wumpkie
02-08-2007, 18:55
I now have visions of someone swallowing a big piece of amethyst and it going down sideways like a cartoon :bugeyed: :D

floracove
03-08-2007, 01:40
floracove - I've finally found some free time to visit the Sobriety Stones website. WOW!! I can't thank you enough for the link! It offers so much more than just information on sobriety, but includes that info, too, for those that may need it. It is very insightful mentally, spiritually and physically, and I appreciate the link - thank you! :thumbsup:

LP~
You are more than welcome Lixi. There is a great deal of interesting and helpful info on those pages. Makes me wish I'd known some of them when my father was still alive, it may have been helpful back then.

As far as drinking, I'm not much of a drinker, but I did learn early not to mix to many good tastings brews in the same stomach. And I learned to just cop the buzz and then stop and enjoy. I only remember one hangover and it went with the mixture episode.

I'd love to have a mountain amethyst as it is my birthstone. Beautiful stone indeed.
:)