Saturn thoughts appreciated

huredriel

I believe Saturn is due to move out of Leo and into Virgo in a few more months. Since Saturn is the planet of restrictions and bringing lessons home to roost ...... wondering how this is going to impact on me ........ I have 5 planets in Virgo natally ........ when it hit Cancer (my moon) I had a bad time emotionally ........ for the last two years its been in Leo (my Sun & Mars) ...... not a joyride to say the least ..... so 5 planets being hit is a bit of a worry ..... anyone up for a discussion/thoughts on this as I am still trying to learn & pick up stuff as I go along on astrology :)

x Huredriel

Whitestar

Huredriel,

I don't have any knowledge to add, but I am interested in what you've brought up since I've got a very heavy Virgo chart as well...sun, rising, mercury, venus, jupiter, uranus and pluto all in virgo.

Whitestar

willowtree

This is an excellent question, and I'm also quite interested in learning more about it. I have Sun, Mercury, Neptune, and Venus all in Virgo.

huredriel

Glad I'm not the only one LOL! I have Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Uranus & Pluto over houses 10 & 11. However, I'm wondering how it will impact on anything that's in Virgo in the progressed chart as well? Because at present my Virgo is House 9! Great I take it for learning spiritual stuff ....... maybe not so great in that I will be hampered by what needs to be learnt as opposed to what I actually want to learn :(

franniee

huredriel said:
Glad I'm not the only one LOL! I have Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Uranus & Pluto over houses 10 & 11. However, I'm wondering how it will impact on anything that's in Virgo in the progressed chart as well? Because at present my Virgo is House 9! Great I take it for learning spiritual stuff ....... maybe not so great in that I will be hampered by what needs to be learnt as opposed to what I actually want to learn :(

I am a Virgo with no personal planets in Virgo (pluto - yes but that's generational) Saturn is already in my 5th house - which is hobbies, pastimes, children and creativity.

I am no astrology expert (far from it) but I'll tell you what I know. :) Since no one else is chiming in.

Saturn represents the way you see and experience the universe as you have structured it.... (Robert Hand - Planets in Transit). So the part of the chart that Saturn is transiting relates to the part of your life that is being examined and tested and gets restructured. It can be the part of your life that gets the greatest tension. It is really all about the tower....it may be unpleasant - no doubt - but it destroys the artificial and unnecessary and brings you to where you should be. Saturn is a teacher. Saturn brings great changes and if you resist them it will be very unpleasant. So the bottom line is wherever Saturn is transiting it is in this house that you need to be flexible.

So for me and House 5 it will be all about learning about myself and how to express myself in the best possible way. Anything that will be produced will be the result of hard work because Saturn is the task master. I need to be careful and organized and move slowly. Encounters will pose a challenge for me. Children, home and family may become a huge burden to me. Not allowed to gamble or take unnecessary risks during this transit. I will be more disciplined with creative activities - cool - need that and was just recently trying to figure out how to go about that! :D

Now Hurediel for the 9th house it means that you are approaching a life peak when all your ambitions and efforts will be realized. Your views about life will become stabilized - you understand how to play the game you are now working on being more skillfull in the art of the game.... Virgo will enhance this by making you more detail oriented and introspective. You will most definitely be more attracted to spiritual and religious subjects and higher consciousness.

Now that is all about it transiting the houses.....then you need to take each planet and see what could be expected when in conjoins those 5 planets you have.... or whatever.

Robert Hand has a few books out there that are great references!

Also Astrodienst.com is a great site for facts.

Looks like it will enter Virgo around my birthday September 11th - and I will be hit with a solar eclipse conjoining my sun! Would love to know what I should expect from that?

hope that helps :love:

Manko33

huredriel said:
when it hit Cancer (my moon) I had a bad time emotionally ........

Yup! My moon's cancer too, (in the 12 house) and that was some tough times...
Some bitterly needed readjustments. I had some really evil emotional scripts that needed rewriting... Still working out some kinks in the new ones and vigilantly keeping watch not to slip back into old patterns...

We live, and learn!

/Manko

willowfox

Well, you know that Saturn is going to enter Virgo soon, so you will see from your chart the order in which Saturn will conjunct your planets. In a transit, one degree applying and one degree separating is enough. You can check up on what is the most likely outcome for each conjunction and arrange your life according. So, when you know what to expect that is half the battle over, and the other half, you just ride it out. No big deal.

squeakmo9

When Saturn transited my 10th I found my profession, never having had one before. That was profound for me. When Saturn transited my 11th and was conjunct my venus, I met someone who started me on my (spiritual) journey-seriously this time. Upon Saturn's transit of Leo, my ASC & 1st house were/are being affected. It also made a square with my mercury, sun, moon(all in 9th)...my thoughts and interests turned (seriously-again) to how I had failed to assert myself in the past, thereby, making efforts to improve upon these mis-steps.
I believe you have your sun currently conjunct transiting Saturn, and a trine of your natal Saturn by the transiting version. It may be a case of focusing on those things and people which belong and no longer belong in your life. Out with the old, in with the new. I also agree, no sunshine and roses, but necessary as you progress. With that trine, you should have the needed gumption to make those changes, whether in career, or in the social circles you currently associate.
I think your thoughts will be very focused on what it is that needs changing, no guesses on that, you'll just know. Patience may be a key word as changes happen in an organic way, already based on the foundations you have created, nothing rushed or "clean" here.
With Saturn, I'm sure it will be plenty interesting and educational, Huredriel, don't worry too much:)

isthmus nekoi

Saturn doesn't only bring bad things. It can also bring you the concrete results of hard work. e.g. When my sister had trans. Saturn conj her natal sun, she got a bunch of scholarships.

huredriel

franniee said:
Virgo will enhance this by making you more detail oriented and introspective
Good God :bugeyed: ....... for someone who over-analyses at the best of times, I don't know if this is a good thing or not :D