AT Travelling Deck - which deck?

Which deck for the AT Travelling Deck II ?

• Jean Noblet Tarot

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • Songs for the Journey Home

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Robin Wood Tarot

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

jmd

Above are the three suggestions made for the deck in the thread AT Travelling Member Deck, by order of suggestion.

Some of the cards (and reviews) can be seen from Aeclectic's main site, from which the descriptions are also taken:
Jean Noblet Tarot
"The Jean Noblet Tarot is a Marseilles variant from 1650, restored and with a few missing cards added by French Tarot historian and artist Jean-Claude Flornoy. The deck has 78 cards and a useful 64-page booklet in a cardboard box."​
Songs for the Journey Home
"An unusual round Tarot deck published in New Zealand, the Songs for the Journey Home Tarot uses the standard 78 card Tarot structure, but has renamed the cards. Beautifully drawn and coloured artwork."​
Robin Wood Tarot
"Easy for beginners and tarot newcomers to use with its Rider-Waite foundation, Robin Wood's self-titled Tarot deck is also rich in Pagan symbolism. The illustrations in this popular deck are attractive, and brightly but not harshly coloured."​

Elven

Vote is in! :)
They are all great decks!

magpie9

Now I see the links...good job!

Bat Chicken

Voted! :)
Although I would like to add that they are all excellent decks... I won't be disappointed either way!

Sinduction

Ugh. I really do not like the first one. But the other two are fantastic!

raeanne

Hi all,
I voted for Songs for the Journey Home mainly because the name has the word 'journey' in it and this deck would be traveling. Actually, I would have voted for the option 'It really doesn't matter to me' but that wasn't a choice.

Little Hare

Voted :)

Sophie

I voted too :)

The Songs for the Journey home is one of the most hideous decks I've ever owned. Apart from it being round - a real hassle to shuffle - its art is messy and fluffy, it's too feminine, and it's repetitive. I was happy to trade it on! So I hope this one doesn't get chosen, because I'd not take part in that journey :(

The Robin Wood is a deck I've owned and enjoyed for some 9 years now. The art is kitschy, but it's clear and it reads very well. Some cards are among my favourite in tarot decks (4 of Wands, 2 of Pents, among them).

But my vote went hands down to the Noblet. It's the most important deck published in the past ten years - probably more - an exquisite restoration of a 17th Century Parisian deck, very witty and clever, tarot with a real twist to it. To see it travel the world would be a delight!

Sulis

The Noblet - hands down and for the same reasons as Fudugazi has mentioned (except I really dislike the Robin Wood too).