Reiki And Tarot???

niki frm india

hi dear members,was just curious to know that if somebody has tried giving reiki to their tarot decks...and how the experience has been?...OR if somebody has tried using tarot cards while healing somebody through reiki??...if yes, how??..any specific technique or ritual??...i am reiki level 1 practitioner so wanted to know whether i can combine my two love(tarot and reiki)...;-)

plz post experiences, suggestions and comments

thnx in advance

god bless all

Free Flight

Hi niki

In answer to your two questions: no I have never given reiki to a deck and no have never used tarot cards with reiki specifically.

However I have thought about this at length, and I do believe both are very complimentary. My plan is to offer both services and people would come in for some reiki and have a reading first which would illuminate any areas that need work

Also when giving reiki, I find I am quite open intuitively speaking and pick up on things I usually wouldnt with just tarot

just my two cents of rambling ;)

celeste

niki frm india said:
hi dear members,was just curious to know that if somebody has tried giving reiki to their tarot decks...and how the experience has been?...OR if somebody has tried using tarot cards while healing somebody through reiki??...if yes, how??..any specific technique or ritual??...i am reiki level 1 practitioner so wanted to know whether i can combine my two love(tarot and reiki)...;-)

plz post experiences, suggestions and comments

thnx in advance

god bless all

Hi Niki

I am a Rieki master and yes I have treated my decks with Rieki as well as crystals that I give to people. And yes, I have noticed a difference for the better in my reading with it. I noticed that I am much more attuned to the cards-I know exactly which ones to pick up. I did before too of course, but the experience is intensified-there's no room for doubt. my reading has taken on a slightly more clairvoyant level than it did before too. I can see images around people's heads. I never use to before I was attuned to Rieki. I hope that answered your question.

Green Eyed Envy

I just finished taking Reiki I and II, and did Reiki on my deck last night. I definitely noticed a difference, the reading was quite clear to me. I plan on working on my crystals next!

Deacon76

Hi Niki!

I'm another one who both reads Tarot and practices Reiki. Currently I'm a Reiki II, and I've been reading Tarot for about 9 months. Every couple of weeks I do a deck blessing, just as a way to connect a bit better with my cards, and I incorporate Reiki into that. I don't know if it's improved my skills as a reader, but if nothing else it gives my deck and me a chance to sit together without being under any kind of pressure to do a reading. I've used Tarot once or twice before doing Reiki on myself, just to gauge where I needed it most, but since I've reached Reiki II status I haven't really needed to do that. I suppose it could be beneficial to use the two together when working with someone who isn't forthcoming about what they need healed, but that gets into the murky area of client confidentiality. Besides, I've found Reiki tends to go where it's most needed regardless.

I do love both practices, however. They both provide wonderful opportunities to help others - as well as yourself - heal, and that's something the world needs plenty of.

Good luck with your studies and practice in both fields!

---Deacon

Durant Hapke

what's the buzz?...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Bring it.

Bring the Reiki funk.

Buzzing with questions, however, as this is the Tarot forum, I'll side step those specifically relating to blasting Reiki power, and just share that this makes an "organic" kind of sense to me -- the notion of energy fields, and the cards.

When I've been working with my cards, from time to time I get a tingling in various parts of my body, and when this happens, I think about the card communicating to me first through that particular area of my action (you might want to look into the "Heart-Math" concepts), right be fore it hits my brain (or eyeballs, as often the sensation begins before I've actually seen the face of the card -- at times I can sense weather the card is inverted just before I look -- it feels that way at least -- so I just go with it -- bust that "truth" as I see it).

Jack bird interesting!

Durant "all my wall sockets are full" Hapke

PS -- I know I said I wouldn't, but what's the best online source of Reiki informationalism?

niki frm india

thank you

thank you everybody for the responses...i have never tried giving my deck reiki but i guess after reading all the experiences i am straight heading towards my decks for their first reiki session..;-)

somewhere i read people use tarot card with reiki in a way that they first choose a card which is best suited for the person or the card which will help the person in his situation the best, and then give reiki to that card...i dont know where i read this but i am sure i did...
any body who has any idea on this..plz do tell

Raya

I don't do reiki, but I have a friend who's level one. We've mixed up the two, her doing reiki on me, on herself, and then us doing cards or stones. Crazy good results. Crazy.

Judith D

Something I tried which worked wonderfully, was to give the reiki session, and when I picked up something in there which needed to be worked on, used a quick tarot spread (just three or five cards) to give extra information on that specific subject. I tend to pick up emotional / spiritual stuff from people, rather than physical, so it fits in perfectly.
I have not directly used reiki on a deck, but just holding a deck and concentrating before a reading is basically a simple form of reiki. Crystals and reiki work together like hand in glove, and I think tarot fits in there very nicely too. It depends largely on the aim you have in mind: if you are sincerely intending good to the person you are with, all the energies will combine successfully.
JUDITH

thorhammer

I've read lots of posts off-handedly mentioning that someone uses Reiki and Tarot together. I've been wondering how on earth one does so . . . this thread has some interesting answers.

I'm level 1 but never get to use it; for some reason I can't do it on myself and where I live, no one would accept reiki. I feel stupid doing it on inanimate objects . . . it just doesn't seem to *work*, like there's no life at the receiving end so there's no flow. I can reiki my garden, my bread, my cat . . . but not me, and not inanimate objects.

Anyone got anything to add?

\m/ Kat