PDA

View Full Version : Ratings for Exchanges?

shotthebreeze
23-07-2007, 13:26
I don't really like the idea because I myself am sometimes a little late with readings because of outside sources, but I've used the reading exchange 2 times this past week were I posted readings first and I've yet to receive any response. I was wondering what people would think of some sort of user rating system, kind of like Ebay's? Any thoughts?

rainwolf
23-07-2007, 15:06
I've known the reading exchange to be like that in the past.

However I think if we starting rating one another it would embitter some and outrage the rest that don't get five stars.

Perhaps a (very) slight penal system that would cause encouragement rather than fear? Say, if one does not post their reading by a certain day, they forfeit the next round (or two) of readings (for the circles). Notification by PM to the circle coordinator if not on time.

Can't really say for the one on one reading exchanges. Better those left to "extensive feedback".

The crowned one
23-07-2007, 15:14
I find about 90% of the people leave feedback of some sort, if I do not hear anything in a week I PM them, if I hear nothing after that I stop thinking about it. I am against the idea.

Baroli
23-07-2007, 15:41
Shotthebreeze,

If you PM either myself or Satinangel, we can PM the person who is supposed to give you feedback, but I am afraid that is all we can do. There are some people out there who are looking for a free reading. I would suggest for yourself in the future to keep a list and not do a reading for them. You as the person offering the reading have to right to refuse to read for them.

This is also the reason we discourage PMing people with readings unless it is of an absolute personal nature. If it isn't there posted, you don't have a leg to stand on.

A ratings system would be IMO very detrimental to the whole learning process. I think that is the point being missed here. The Reader's Exchange is for learning not for hooking up to get a reading. In essence, you and the sitter are test subjects in an experiment of your offering and it is up to both to live up to the verbal contract you have made with each other. :)

Baroli

shotthebreeze
24-07-2007, 02:56
Shotthebreeze,

This is also the reason we discourage PMing people with readings unless it is of an absolute personal nature. If it isn't there posted, you don't have a leg to stand on.

I have two open threads right now with no responses. My reading is posted for each person.

satinangel
24-07-2007, 06:08
I too, would be opposed to a rating system for the exchange. I feel that this would frighten off the newbies and would open up a door for potential damage to the whole concept of the Reading Exchange.

It is very unfortunate when members do not fulfill their obligation, without even so much as a PM. However, unfortunately it does happen...and SOMETIMES life does get in the way or a computer crashes. I am not making excuses for people, but do know that sometimes, life does happen.

I know that this does not help your situation in particular, shotthebreeze, but I do understand your feelings.

Drop me a note if you'd like me to send a PM to your missing exchange partners!

~SatinAngel~

shotthebreeze
24-07-2007, 06:10
I too, would be opposed to a rating system for the exchange. I feel that this would frighten off the newbies and would open up a door for potential damage to the whole concept of the Reading Exchange.

It is very unfortunate when members do not fulfill their obligation, without even so much as a PM. However, unfortunately it does happen...and SOMETIMES life does get in the way or a computer crashes. I am not making excuses for people, but do know that sometimes, life does happen.

I know that this does not help your situation in particular, shotthebreeze, but I do understand your feelings.

Drop me a note if you'd like me to send a PM to your missing exchange partners!

~SatinAngel~

Thanks Satin Angel,

Baroli and I have already discussed how to deal with my reading exchange partners. I understand when life happens or a computer crashes, but to go a week or two without posting a response or a PM is a little frustrating.

shotthebreeze
24-07-2007, 06:16
Perhaps even ratings can be given in the categories of "timeliness" and "friendliness". I'm not worried about the accuracy if I know the person gave it some effort and is willing to learn. I myself am still learning a lot from my friends here on the board, but I know when someone asks me for a reading or to exchange, I'm as prompt as I can be. And if something comes up, I usually send a quick PM.

Mariana
24-07-2007, 08:02
Maybe you could specify a deadline when you agree on a reading exchange? If it's just a difference in expectations because of different personalities, it might help to state a specific date. Some people are very puctual and some are more laid-back and may not worry about taking a bit longer, perhaps? Just an idea...

Barbaras Ahajusts
24-07-2007, 08:53
Lets make up a mess of oatmeal, put these absent readers online names up and lop spoonfuls of oatmeal at their names!
Naw...I would end up eating some, using some for a facial and I hear tell its a good body wash too. Ahh hells bells, lets just all roll in it!
Humm, that didn't fix the situation. Let me think.

Ok, hows this, we lob ice cream at them? Now ice cream I wouldn't roll in, no matter what the bennies were! I don't care what Ben & Jerrys can do for this ole gal!!! :D

Ah gee wiz, I can't come up with a good one.
In all seriousness though, the last two weeks I have been overlooked too! Maybe I am all powerful and I have scared them away? LOLOL!

I guess we should make them take classes on pudder upkeep and real life management? ;) I did let mylady SA know about my two absent newbie situations.

Other than taking off my mouse suit and tucking my tail in behind me in refusal of testing us poor widdle abused readers, I guess I will stay within the reading program and be abused...waaaaa!
any pity parties for me as of yet ;)

Wait a minute, found my verbal contract. It says I can complain my a*s off and thats all!
Oh.
Well, if thats all I can do, I guess me in my mousesuit will finish up on a reading feedback I owe...but its not due yet!!
Muhahahahahahaaaa!

HUG ME, I'M OLD...Barb:D