Karma Card Question

tabi

A friend who has had these card for almost ten years gave them to me the other day. However there is no book to go with them. I was wondering if someone who had this deck could possible explain the formatting and general idea of how the creator thought they should be read.

The deck is this one here: The Karma Cards by Monte Faber

Any help is greatly appreciated in advantace,
tabi

floracove

Hi Tabi, I have this deck, but I do not remember it having a book either.
Right now, almost everything I own is in storage, however I am in the process of having my own storage building built so I can move my things closer to where I am. I do plan on going through my stuff when it is built and I will go through my boxes of tarot stuff first, to see if perhaps I am wrong and there is a book.

I know that doesn't help you right now, but as soon as I can I will check and see.
:)

motsa

Hmm, this was going to be my question, too. I just found (finally) some of my wayward decks, including the Karma Cards. I don't remember them coming as a set with a book and any LWB that might have come with them is long gone. I've had them so long that I don't remember the slightest bit about how they are supposed to be used.

I'd hate to have to buy a whole new set just to get the book and/or LWB. Does anyone know if the 96-page book is available separately? Or does someone (anyone?) have the LWB that they could photocopy or scan for the little lost souls with the cards but no instructions?

Little Hare

I have it! Chronata gave it to me with the book. its great!

give me a minute and i'll go grab the book and type what he says

Little Hare

Basically you have three seperate piles of cards... they are:

1)Planets
2)Signs
3)Houses

Lay them next to each other and read the sentences straight across

Find attached some pages from his book, I'll try and explain better later!

Edit: eeehhh hang on... bloody scans are to big i'll upload them to photobucket :/

motsa

Ah, OK. Now I'm starting to remember a bit. So, that brings up the question of what the S, M, and P next to the phrase fragments mean? And upright versus reversed?

Little Hare

S=Spiritual-What is the best for the nuturing of your soul

M=Mental-What is best for the nuturing of your intellect

P=Physical-What is best for the nuturing of your bodily needs

Edit: To my knowledge there is no ' reversals' you simply read how the cards appear, as the picture is the same whether the card is upright or reversed. So you would read the meanings that appear upright

Scan1: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/Karmacardsscan.jpg

Scan2:http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/Karmacardsscan_0001.jpg

Scan3: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/Karmacardsscan_0002.jpg

scan4:http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/quietuspixi/Karmacardsscan_0003.jpg

Let me know if you want any more information

motsa

To my knowledge there is no ' reversals' you simply read how the cards appear, as the picture is the same whether the card is upright or reversed.
Hmmm. The images are not truly symmetrical. The Mars and Pluto cards, for example, have a large head upright when you look at the card one way and a small head when you flip it to reverse. And the glyphs under the face on the Mercury card are different depending on which way up the card is.

More importantly, the phrase segments are slightly different upright versus reversed, e.g. on the Mars card, what I would call the "upright" side (the warm colours) has "Energize", "Confront", and "Force yourself to" and the "reverse" side (the cool colours) has "The drive for", "The confronting of", and "Action". You can't really mix the "upright" and "reversed" phrase segments to form a sensible sentence.

[added: I've just read the scans and the second one answers the question -- the red or warm coloured sides tell you what you should do about a situation and the blue or cool coloured sides tell what the outcome is. That helps. Thanks for uploading them. :)]

Cup_of_Fire

Oh I LOVE this deck! It's crazy, I've been to several other forums looking for other people who have this set and no one had even heard of it. It's hard to read I think though, but it's always given me really accurate reads for other people. They always know what it's saying.

indianstorm

hi cup of fire

Perhaps i may be of assistance- i actually do own monte faber's karma cards- got it last year- it actually came with the booklet which was very helpful-

the cards are separated into 3 decks of twelve cards- planets, signs and houses. if You see each card- one end is blue and the other end is red.

the answers depend on the type of question you ask. if a query involves an action- ie what you should do- then you read the advice at the red end. if the query is regarding insight, then you read the blue end.

it is quite easy-
1. formulate question- decide if its action or advice.
2. separate the cards into three piles in this order, planets, sign and houses.
3. shuffle each each concentrating on question. you need to focus now. for eg- if its actions- like what should i do?
4. draw 1 card from each pile, turn them up. align all the red ends at the top.
5. then- you read across like a sentence. :)
6. if u notice, there s.m,p- this stands for spiritual, mental and physical .

it is really quite a clever deck- and scarily accurate- you can even get yes or no answers- utilising the planet cards- 4 planets correspond to yes, 4 to no and 4 to maybe-- they each have an ad lib to what extentthe yes, no and maybe's mean-

i hope this helps..

namaste

Stormy