LABRADORITE -where do I keep it?

Pao

I just bought a tiny Labradorite sphere. I really loved how the light shined thru it only on some spots. I dont know anything about this stone but this is what I found:

LABRADORITE
Labradorite - known as the Merlin stone - is a highly mystical and protective stone, a bringer of light. It raises consciousness and connects with universal energies. Labradorite can take you into another world or into other lives. A stone of esoteric knowledge, it facilitates initiation into the mysteries. Labradorite stimulates intuition and psychic gifts, including the art of 'right timing', bringing messages from the unconscious mind to the surface and facilitating their understanding. Labradorite is one of the stones for those born under the signs of Libra, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.

but Im wondering where should I put it or how to use it in order for it to open up my abilities. Right now its on top of my fairy altar, but maybe I should put it on my night stand for when I sleep. :confused: I want it to do all these things, its fascinating but I dont know how to work with it if Im not carrying it around with me. How ironic that I needed something like this and it found me :D now if I only knew how to work with it!! lol

Any ideas?

catti

FYI this stone is also known as Spectralite.

I love it.
Maybe a meditation with the sphere before sleep would help?
I find that using stones is so private and varied that a formula is silly...I think your hunch to put it on your altar is a great start!

Love,
Catti

Jols84

I think what catti posted was good :) Many times you will intuituvly know how to use the stone. It's different for everyone :)
I go though phases where I will have one or two stones I just HAVE to have near me. I recently purchased an wonderful, larger-sized tumbled Rose Quartz stone. It fits beautifully in the palm of my hand and has a couple flatter areas on the side where I can set my thumb to rub against it. I also picked up a lovely puffy Labradorite heart that I will constantly have with me and hold thoughout the day.
I keep them both by my bed at night, near a few other stones who sit on my stand, but for now, I also carry them with me during the day. Usually they are with me when I'm sitting on the futon reading, or keeping me company at the computer. I really have a love for Rose Quartz and Labradorite!
I have a nice chunk of raw Labradorite with a polished face, I keep her on the stand near my bed also.

Just do what feels natural to you. A lot of times crystals and stones love to spend time with you, hold it, run your hands over it, 'pet' it, meditate with it, and also just letting it do it's own thing is right too. :) Enjoy your wonderful Labradorite!

celticnoodle

I believe this stone is also a stone to promote healing, weight loss, and a load of other great things- in addition to spiritual awareness--increase psychic skills. It's a super wonderful stone to have---everyone should have one! I think I have one myself, but I always forget where I leave my stones! I carry them around with me, and then leave them in various purses, coat pockets, etc. and temporarily "lose" them. maybe I should find one that allows you to recall where you put everything else. :laugh:

Pao

haha yes I keep forgetting my stones in my clothes, purses too!! well I slept with it next to me last night next to my bed but i dont remember the dreams I had so I dont know if they were "important". Ill do like you guys suggested and put it where it feels right :D

thanx!!

wizzle

Congrats on your first labradorite piece. I'm sure it won't be the last.

I have tons of labradorite around... from hearts made basically out of the matrix stone to gem quality red, yellow and the very rare green. It's my fav stone at the moment. I find it useful for most anything as the matrix material is very supportive (being mostly grey, dark red or black) and the translucent areas take you into the outter spheres. Thus you get a connection between in inner and outter planes via this stone.

The matrix material can be used just like any other protective type stone, i.e. hematite, onyx, etc. Good for grounding, protection, but better for focus, imo, than the others.

Try putting your sphere under water. I found that I could see many more areas of color in my sphere when I did that... took it into my bath... lol.

Spectrolite is the name given to the wonderful Finnish variety of labradorite. Not all labradorite is spectrolite, alas. I would love to have a bit of Spectrolite in my collection!! But it's pricey.

All the best... enjoy your new stone.