PDA

View Full Version : Charoite

Sushi
27-07-2007, 15:17
I just bought a charoite stone last week or so, when I was in a new age-y kinda shop looking for stuff for the tarot exchange I was in. I'm not sure what to do with it. LOL

The stone just sort of resonated with me, so I bought it and took it home.

Sooooo.....

It's a small rectangular, brick shaped stone, about 5x10 mm (I'm guessing)
It came with a little slip of paper with it's uses written on it, but I am thinking that's the crystal equiv. to LWB. So I'd like to your collective brains about it.

What's it good for? And how do I use it?

I'm thinking that I was attracted to it for a particular reason, probably related to some issue in my life going on right now...

MCsea
28-07-2007, 08:41
Oh I just got some of this a little while ago to - so 'soft and supportive'

IMHO

Charoite is a purple, Russian, ornamental gemstone. Charoite is emotionally and spiritually uplifting; it integrates ideas within the collective unconscious.
Vision, revolution, loyalty and progression.
Heps people sympathise with those who have to struggle.
Affirmation: I use self-expression as an avenue for dramatic change.

I must go meditate with this today :)

MARINA

LixiPixi
28-07-2007, 15:57
Here's a good description of it:

http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/crystal/gems/charoite.html

I just googled charoite and it gave me a ton of links. Hope this helps....

Enjoy!

LP~

wumpkie
28-07-2007, 16:07
I have a piece , I think it's fantastic I also love it because where it has been made to look tumbled and shiney there are fragments of the other rocks stuck/lodged in a crevice of the stone which I think its fasinating.

wizzle
30-07-2007, 10:04
Rainbow crystals (cited above) is a great resource for metaphysical uses of stones. IMO, the information is usually original and seems to be based on the experience of the author rather than repeating what others say.

Here is another write up on Charoite (sorry don't know the website)

Charoite was quickly adopted as a power stone to aid in transformations. It survived great trauma, rains, winds, heat and cold, only to become more beautiful over time.
This is a wonderful lesson. You cannot avoid change in your life. You can use this stone to flow through the changes. Allow yourself to recognize how awesome you are, to survive, grow, and become wiser with each powerful transformation in this journey.
Provides for a connection between the head and the heart.
Instills Unconditional Love and Acceptance of others
Assist one in understanding self inflicted "lessons".
Helps in transforming relationships from one context to another, such as lovers into friends, and "letting go" of past attachments to a specific type of relationship.
Helps to let go of attachments, and helps to instill the true belief that as one door closes, another one opens
Assists in the belief that you are exactly where you are supposed to be right here, right now, in this moment. Helps to bring about the best possible outcome for any given situation
Physical:
Boosts productions of hormones, calms nervous system, insomnia, hearing, digestive tract, heart. Insomnia, headaches, hearing disorders, posture and skeletal system, stomach, skin, and teeth. As an elixir in the treatment of arthritis.
Accentuates:
Cleanses, cleansing, purifies, restructures and renews. Fosters psychic abilities, spiritual awareness, contentment, peace, stability, serenity, forgiveness, tolerance
Negates:
Over indulgence, grief, anger, guilt, fear, rage, confusion, impatience, and resentment, Insomnia, nightmares
Careers
Minister, Priest, Spiritual leaders, Counselors, Therapists,
Applications
meditation, recovery, rehabilitation, stress,
Violet - Archangel Zadkiel is the Archangel of forgiveness, mercy, tolerance, and transmutation of negative energy and his color is violet. Helps in "Letting Go" when you are stuck in negative emotions such as anger, hatred, and guilt.(stepping stones)

Color: The colors in each piece of Charoite range from bright lavender, violet and lilac to dark purple with both white, gray and black veining. It forms a swirling pattern of interlocking crystals. Royal lavendar flows with chatoyant streaks of white around bits of black, peach and opalescent gray.

I find charoite to be a wonderful stone to help facilitate a major change, such as breaking a bad habit. I use it along with clear crystal and amethyst for this purpose. I meditate while holding the stones and laying the clear crystal on my forehead. Also, I like to sleep with clear crystal under my pillow and the other stones on my nightstand. Be cautious about sleeping with stones, though, as some find that too strong. All the best with your new stone.

crystalwoman
02-08-2007, 13:15
Here is another write up on Charoite (sorry don't know the website)

Here is the link to the website that the above noted quote came from - they have good information there about other stones as well:

http://www.sobrietystones.com/resources/GemBook/Stones/meanings_gemstones_charoite.htm

Sushi
27-11-2007, 17:11
Just wanted to say thanks to all who replied to this. I found the stone very helpful in helping me let go of a relationship that was extremely one-sided and very toxic to me. It finally let my mind take over for where my heart was leading me astray, which is to say that it restored the balance between the chakras of my heart and my mind as promised.