PDA

View Full Version : Mass turn off of automatic notofications ?

gregory
31-07-2007, 00:57
Is it possible to suspend all your e-mail notifications when you are going to be away and then you can tell them all to start again when you get back ?

I have a lot of subscriptions, and I don't want to have to undo them all and then have to find them all again........ Not if there is a way around it.... ?

Probably too late for this trip, but............

zannamarie
31-07-2007, 01:14
I wasn't sure what you meant by having to find them all.

Under the user control panel there is a section called List Watched. It lists all the threads you are watching.

You can change the settings of each one individually or you can change the notifications a whole page at a time.

Does that help you?

Edited to add:
You can change the notification to 'no e-mail notification' on that page (option is at the bottom) and it still keeps the threads in the watched list. When you come back, all those threads are still in the list and you could change them back to e-mail notificaiton.

In the meantime, any time you log in, you can go to your User CP page and any of those threads with no e-mail notifiction that have had activity since the last time you logged in, as well as the ones for which you have received e-mail notification, will be listed on the page.

I often use the no e-mail option for threads that I want to watch but don't want to see every time a post is made.

gregory
31-07-2007, 01:59
BRILLIANT ! Thank you ! (I just tried and it works !) That was exactly what I needed !

theora
25-11-2009, 09:40
I am not seeing the option to turn off email notifications! I am getting flooded with these things and I am desperate to just check the list on the site (don't want to unsub them all) but have looked at the bottom of the watched threads page and see no "turn off emails" link. all I see is "reply" and "stop watching"

halp?

I wasn't sure what you meant by having to find them all.

Under the user control panel there is a section called List Watched. It lists all the threads you are watching.

You can change the settings of each one individually or you can change the notifications a whole page at a time.

Does that help you?

Edited to add:
You can change the notification to 'no e-mail notification' on that page (option is at the bottom) and it still keeps the threads in the watched list. When you come back, all those threads are still in the list and you could change them back to e-mail notificaiton.

In the meantime, any time you log in, you can go to your User CP page and any of those threads with no e-mail notifiction that have had activity since the last time you logged in, as well as the ones for which you have received e-mail notification, will be listed on the page.

I often use the no e-mail option for threads that I want to watch but don't want to see every time a post is made.

Cat*
25-11-2009, 10:21
I am not seeing the option to turn off email notifications! I am getting flooded with these things and I am desperate to just check the list on the site (don't want to unsub them all) but have looked at the bottom of the watched threads page and see no "turn off emails" link. all I see is "reply" and "stop watching"

halp?
Look to the right of the list. There should be a checkbox. The column is called "Notifications." Each checkbox in my list has "None" written next to it. Not sure how it looks when the settings are different but maybe you can find out in your own User CP and share it here with the rest of us? :)

Hope that helps!

zannamarie
25-11-2009, 10:23

halp?You may be on the "New Watched Threads" page and not the "List Watched" page.

If you go to the User Control Panel, on the left side are sections "Settings & Options", "Private Messages", "Watched Threads", and "Miscellaneous".

Under "Watched Threads" click "List Watched". This brings up "Watched Threads in Folder: Subscriptions".

Does that help?

theora
25-11-2009, 13:06
Look to the right of the list. There should be a checkbox. The column is called "Notifications." Each checkbox in my list has "None" written next to it. Not sure how it looks when the settings are different but maybe you can find out in your own User CP and share it here with the rest of us? :)

Hope that helps!

I have the checkboxes but it only offers "instant" which is what I'm trying to avoid! so far what I have figured out is to do it one by unsubbing from the email link and then resubbing (now that my default is changed). kind of a PITA but hey, at least it works.

zannamarie
25-11-2009, 15:37
I have the checkboxes but it only offers "instant" which is what I'm trying to avoid! so far what I have figured out is to do it one by unsubbing from the email link and then resubbing (now that my default is changed). kind of a PITA but hey, at least it works. If you select that "instant" checkbox then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the down arrow to the right of "Move to Folder" (and to the left of "Go") you don't get about six different options to change your subscription to that thread?

The instant tells you the current state of that thread and not what your options are. The options are with the "move to folder" drop-down box.

You should have those options available.

Select one of the options such as "no e-mail notification" then click Go. That changes "instant" to "none".

theora
25-11-2009, 19:52
*slaps forehead*

ok, I totally thought that meant "change to instant notification". heh.

THANK YOU!

zannamarie
26-11-2009, 02:57
Glad it was an easy fix. :)