quartz crystal wand.. how do I use it ?

memries

Yesterday I went out for lunch with friends and the gentleman said he had a box of books in the car and "stuff" and could we check it out. I claimed a crystal wand ! How thrilling is that ? I have it on the window ledge to be left in the sun for a couple of days before I wash it. Now my question is what do I do with it when I have it all set ? It is quartz crystal and has some little clouds in it and is very pretty.

I will post a picture in a few days.

morticia monroe

I'd like to know as well. I'm getting married in a few months and my man offered to take me anywhere I want for our honeymoon vacation. I chose to drive to the quartz crystal mines and the Crater of Diamonds State park in central Arkansas, about an 8 hour drive from here. For a small fee at both places, you get to spend the day digging and keep all you find. The quartz mines guarantee crystals by the bucketful or your money back. I'm so excited, but not really sure what they're used for, I just think they're beautiful.

memries

Hi Morticia... I was down in Arkansas a couple of months ago and it was my intention to go there but I got the flu. I did make it to Graceland in Memphis though. I will look for my answer in a book I guess and will post when I find it. I would assume it channels power but just not quite sure. Have a wonderful honeymoon.. that sounds like more fun than digging !

ravenest

Well, it depends what YOU WANT to do with it. It can be used as a show altar piece. It can be used as a ceremonial wand. It can be used as part of a process to harmonize and array energy (any type from psychic to electro-magnetic). It could be used to produce an electric current (or to purify one), you could make a radio out of it. Use it as a healing wand. Or even bring it to Australia and insert it in a crystal seam in a cave to help control earthquakes (ask the Aboriginals about that one!).

(Or you could take it to lunch and give it to someone special for a present ;) )

memries

Hi Ravenest.."part of a process to harmonize and array energy" sounds like it is in my interest. Exactly how do I go about finding that information ? Any ideas ? Going to Australia again and putting it into a crystal seam in a cave would be very exciting as well but no trip planned so guess that one is on the back burner.

It was given to me by a gentleman I have known for many years and he told me he did not need all those things anymore ! I don't know whether he is sick and clearing up his things or has just advanced beyond and did not have time to delve.. it was not the place to do so. I am going to though when I get the chance ask him what he meant by that but it may be a while.

In the meantime I will just treasure it. I have always collected crystals and stones as I am so attracted to them but never really know what to do with them. A beginner you could say.

ravenest

memries said:
Hi Ravenest.."part of a process to harmonize and array energy" sounds like it is in my interest. Exactly how do I go about finding that information ? Any ideas ? .

It depends on what level you want to work on. There should be info in basic electronics about using quartz as an energy purifier. Or a good gook on radionics for its more 'magical' applications.

I'd google quartz and keep going through until you find the field you are interested in.

Basically, if you could see an energy as a bunch of dashes streaming past, many of those dashes would not be lined up in the direction of travel of the energy beam. if this energy beam enters a quartz crystal, travels through it and exists the other end then the 'dashes' of energy would be all lined up in the direction of travel - (to put it very simply).

memries

Ok thanks Ravenest I will pursue your suggestions. At least I know where to look now.

I left it in a sun for a couple of days and washed it with soap and water and then salt water so it should be cleansed I would assume. I have not tried holding it yet or trying to feel the energy but will. Life has been busy.
Tomorrow I will Google till I go nuttier than I am.

AJ

quartz wand...how do I use it?

CAREFULLY.
I got my first store bought crystal wand this week. Gorgeous thing, nearly 6 inches long. It had a sticker on it that wouldn't come off with a gentle fingernail pry so I stood it up in a couple of inches of water for about 30 minutes. When I took it out of the cup it was in two pieces. :(

I'll probably never get back to that store, it's quite a distance away, and I doubt they would give my money back anyway, they'd have no way of knowing if I dropped it or whacked it or whatever.

So once I got over the shock I'm just telling myself I have two wands now, one with a round end and one with a pointed end.

memries

That is really too bad AJ. Do you suppose it was cracked or do you think the different temperature of the air and water could have done it ? I doubt that very much. What a shame. It does not seem like rock should ever do that.

I mean you can scratch glass with quartz as well so it is pretty hard.
You should phone them and see what they say unless it would be of no benefit and just upset you more.

AJ

thanks. I refuse to be upset over things like this, life is too short. The water was tap temperature, wand was room temp. It was probably just a fracture that happened in the carving, but something to think about when members do the salt water and smoking and all that.