PDA

View Full Version : Selenite

Alta
09-08-2007, 03:30
My best buddy Catherine gave me this as a late birthday present. It is Selenite.

I think it's lovely. But quite big (4 1/2 inches high and about 2 1/2 in diameter). Suggestions as to where to place it or use it to best advantage?

Marion

doreen
09-08-2007, 03:56
Hi Marion,
Selenite can be used to construct a protective grid around your home.
A large piece placed in the house promotes a peaceful atmosphere and aids concentration.
Selenite works with the Angelic realm and attracts angels.
It can also be used for cleansing your aura.
Hope this is useful.
Doreen

Alta
09-08-2007, 04:25
Thank you!!

wumpkie
09-08-2007, 05:38
May I just say that is simply a wonderful piece.

If you place selenite at the sacral chakra it will remove stress, trauma & stubborn inbalances in the body.

Alta
09-08-2007, 05:46
Thank you!If you place selenite at the sacral chakra it will remove stress, trauma & stubborn inbalances in the body.sigh, could I place it onto someone else's sacral chakra for few minutes without them knowing??
hehe, yes, I know, I know.... sniff

RufusJ
09-08-2007, 06:23
How lovely! It looks like a bank building we pass every week on the way to church. I know, not very mystical... but it is lovely. Full of energy...

rufusj

wumpkie
09-08-2007, 06:46
Heehee *snigger*

MCsea
09-08-2007, 20:18
WOW

thats beautiful...

where do you feel it should sit in your home?

MARINA

Alta
09-08-2007, 21:03
where do you feel it should sit in your home?

MARINARight at the moment it is still sitting in a window, getting used to the house vibes. After what has been posted, I am thinking bed-side.

MCsea
12-08-2007, 15:37
I just won a selenite egg, its on its way to me :)

Sabian Symbol: A new moon that divides its influences
OR defined a little differently - Sabian Symbol: A new moon just visible at sundown to the lovers is romantic only, but to the philosopher it speaks of eternity.
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Finesse

From my book -
Crystal Element: Selenite
Expression: Selenite is a colourless, pearl-like, transparent gypsum. Selenite supports prosperous new beginnings and the manifesting of ability, and refines psychic talent.
Affirmation: I use new moon energy to create a new vision for myself and my life.

I think mine will be near my bed head - it is where I normally see the moon from my bed....

:)

MARINA

memries
12-08-2007, 21:27
Lucky duck McShea to see the moon from your bed. Wish I could. It comes up on the other side of the house.

The selenite is beautiful.

Alta
13-08-2007, 01:30
Marina, thank you so much for that. Yes, when I get home I plan to move mine to my bed room as well.
Marion

Guiding Cauldron
13-08-2007, 01:58
i have a lovely piece of selenite in my crystal bowl in my bedroom too. i always think of it as my key for some reason. i too can see the moon everynight from my bed! it does enjoy being in moonlight rather than sunlight- at least mine does anyway :)

what a LOVELY piece you havethough its liek a tower! :)

Acadia
13-08-2007, 02:12
I have a huge Selenite log... About 15 inches long, 5 inches high... I put it under my altar (I'm Wiccan), and in my "magic room" where I do my readings.

Selenite is a great space and energy cleanser, so adding it to a room where you need harmony and protection is ideal. If you need to do meditation or astral travel, putting underneath you (like underneath a bed) is great for anchoring. Putting it under your bed will protect you from nightmares, as well. :)

A little known awesome fact about Selenite is that it charges and energizes other stones, so when I do my crystal healing and Reiki work, I keep Selenite nearby to recharge the stones I've used. :)

MCsea
15-08-2007, 19:41
Lucky duck McShea to see the moon from your bed. Wish I could. It comes up on the other side of the house.

The selenite is beautiful.

when I was only 4 (in our family home) I also had a bed that was fully bathed in full moon light some months of the year - I used to leave the windows open and MOONBAKE my mother used to laugh - I still do it :)

Alta
15-08-2007, 21:41
Thanks for those tips Acadia. Both keeping it under the bed (I used to be plagued with nightmares almost every night, but they left with my husband) and using it to re-charge other crystals.

xxxx Marion

coyoteblack
17-08-2007, 05:28
I have a stone like its only round and with a little hole on top so I can fit a tea light candle in it . The stone glows with the candle in it and looks real nice at night when I feel like meditating on it.

Satori
17-08-2007, 13:43
Stunning specimen Marion! You are very lucky to have such a pretty one.

I love your idea to put it in the bedroom. Great idea. I have a large chunk that is a candld holder, and I love it!

geministar
17-08-2007, 21:19
Marion, what a beautiful crystal! Its looks like a castle - or something you can eat!

After reading this thread I really want to find myself a piece of selenite now :)

Alta
23-08-2007, 03:05
Maybe the two are not connected, I couldn't say. But I definitely feel a much stronger angelic presence around me now.

Marion

Briar Rose
05-09-2007, 05:16
Hi Marion,
Selenite can be used to construct a protective grid around your home.
A large piece placed in the house promotes a peaceful atmosphere and aids concentration.
Selenite works with the Angelic realm and attracts angels.
It can also be used for cleansing your aura.
Hope this is useful.
Doreen

I just bought my first piece of Selenite today, 9.4.07 and it looks alot like Marion's. Like they are twins or something. Anyway, after reading Doreen's discription of Selenite, and other's as well, I know I needed it to be next to me.

I am pulled towards it greatly. It's my first piece. Let's celebrate the love.
:party:

Satori
05-09-2007, 10:54
http://www.crystalinks.com/mexicocrystals.html

Have you selenite lovers seen this cave? I picked up a crystal magazine and it had an article about this place. Whoa. I would love to go there and just sit and soak it up.

wumpkie
06-09-2007, 06:19
http://www.crystalinks.com/mexicocrystals.html

Have you selenite lovers seen this cave? I picked up a crystal magazine and it had an article about this place. Whoa. I would love to go there and just sit and soak it up.

I'm sure I have seen those pictures on here before, but still, WOW! :bugeyed:
It would make me appreciate the powers of selenite, I don't think I would ever want to leave, though I wonder if you can have too much of a good thing?

Thanks for showing us those wondeful pictures.

*Writes 'Go to Mexico to look at selenite cave' on her ever expanding list of places to go.*

thorhammer
22-09-2007, 17:19
I have a lovely little selenite wand carved all spirally like a unicorn's horn, lovely for meditating when plagued with a headache. Did y'all know that selenite and water don't get along? It's okay to wash your selenite, but then dry it, and definitely don't leave it soaking in water. It disintegrates, I believe.

Who knew? :-) Kat

Sebastin
03-02-2008, 07:23
Yep no baths for selenite. What other crystals not be put in water?

Selenite is very powerful and it can take you to a physical journey, past or future.

I cant sleep with selenite the energy somehow mixes the dream and thoughts to too strong for the be in with dream state with the gem.

Working with selenite is good to remember to mind negative thoughts as the stone has very strong energy.

Selenite can clean other stones by placing them on top of selenite. Im not sure what is the perfect way to clean selenite. It's strong I think selenites doesnt gather much energy, at least the self cleaning must happen at least it's a powerful stone.

Briar Rose
04-03-2009, 11:32
I am having a strong attraction to Selenite these days.
Is anyone else?

Any new pics anyone cares to share?
Any experiences?

faunabay
04-03-2009, 12:45
I LOVE selenite!!! :heart: Got pieces of it all over my house.

I've read that selenite plus 3 other stones......kyanite, calcite and hematite are here to help us through the 2012 transition. So I have a small altar set up with the four stones.

rachelcat
05-03-2009, 01:28
I have the most beautiful selenite sphere, about 3 inches in diameter. Someday I will try to read it as a crystal ball. For now it sits on top of my deck desk radiating calm and psychic ability (both things that I need more of!). I have also read that it brings harmony in relationships, so I let me husband buy it for me as a gift. :) It seems to be working--some . . .

I know it's not the kind of cleansing you mean, but my husband's a chemistry teacher, and he said we shouldn't put ANY water on it at all, so we cleaned it with ethanol on a cloth. (He was even concerned about moisture in the air, but it lasted out in the air through the fall with no problem. And in the winter it's really dry in my house. It has yet to weather a DC summer, though!)

Briar Rose
05-03-2009, 05:20
Oh good. Thank you for that information! This is a pic of the one I bought last year. I just love it.

I think I would like to buy a a small wand. I bet a dish of Selenite would look pretty in the sun.

Is Selenite something you hold and meditate with, or do you pass it over the Chakras for balancing?

morticia monroe
05-03-2009, 06:52
I just got a few beautiful pieces from a friend in the Mojave who dug them himself...let me go take a couple pics,,,,scamperscamperscamper....

morticia monroe
05-03-2009, 07:41
As you can tell. these pieces are uncleaned,,still covered in sand. I'm not sure I'm going to clean them, I rather like them this way.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg243/morticiamonroe/cbags014.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg243/morticiamonroe/cbags015.jpg

thorhammer
05-03-2009, 07:58
Ooh, they are lovely, morticia! So rugged and ancient looking! I likes . . .

\m/ Kat

morticia monroe
05-03-2009, 09:40
Oh thank you, Kat...I love it. The big ones are almost too strong for me,, I always touch my stones to my lips,,I can feel the vibrations much easier that way. These suckers are way strong.

I don't think I'm going to clean them.

faunabay
05-03-2009, 10:13
Oh very cool morticia!! Those look wonderful!! And I agree I don't think I'd clean them either.

I like the ambiance of the diet barq's can too!!! :P

Briar Rose
05-03-2009, 11:44
Lucky you ! They are huge. I bet they glisten in the light.

Thank you for posting them.

morticia monroe
05-03-2009, 23:28
Oh very cool morticia!! Those look wonderful!! And I agree I don't think I'd clean them either.

I like the ambiance of the diet barq's can too!!! :P

That was there for perspective. I don't drink sugar-free anything unless it's iced tea or water. :)

BTW the beautiful cloth I used for my pieces was made by none other than our Thor. I think she sells them at her etsy shop. I highly recommend them. They are luscious!

morticia monroe
06-03-2009, 22:27

when I was only 4 (in our family home) I also had a bed that was fully bathed in full moon light some months of the year - I used to leave the windows open and MOONBAKE my mother used to laugh - I still do it :)

That's my idea of bliss as well. Lucky girl.

Rin
01-04-2009, 13:16
Since this is a recent topic, I'll post my questions here. :)

I recently got a sphere of selenite, and I have a few questions. It seems I might have been a bit impulsive in buying, but I found out later that it has a few dents (small ones) in it, distinctively AFTER it was polished/finished, as the dents are chalky. I found a thread posted last year that talked about making your own spheres, and that you could polish/finish it yourself, but that person is no longer here. Does anyone know what I could do to selenite (not water, obviously) to get rid of some of the chalkyness of the dents?

Also, what can I use to clean (physically) selenite? It was not in display behind a glass, so obviously its been touched by a lot of people, and I would like to clean it free of oils and the like and get a "clean slate", as it were. :)

Thanks guys! :)

awookie
01-04-2009, 20:38
http://www.shamanelder.com/selenite.html
some info on selenite and uses.

Rin
02-04-2009, 01:18
Thank you, awookie. :) Interesting that it says its safe to quickly run under the water. I wonder if I could do that with my piece, since its been polished rather than rough? Hmm.

awookie
02-04-2009, 02:39
Moon energy would be safer. I wouldnt submerge it in water as its fragile.
http://www.crystalbear.com/page20.htm

Good luck!

Jewel
02-04-2009, 07:22
Well I am really new to the world of crystals, but selenite was the first crystal I started exploring. I only have a small tumbled piece, quite insignificant to what any of you have, but I really connected with my little crystal. I actually seem to have a problem leaving it alone *LOL*. My heart sis Faunabay recently got me a Selenite Egg and and Selenite Skyscraper, for my b-day and I am very excited to get them.

I find that Slenite calms me and clears my mind so I can think, process things clearly and keep moving forward with a positive attitude. Very uplifting crystal.

Rin, Selenite is basically a type of gypsum, it is going to get scratched and dented easily. I would not really worry about the little dings, they are just signs of character :).

Rin
02-04-2009, 09:39
I know about charging it, but for every crystal I have I can really feel the oils that a stone that is heavily handled and out in public on my hands and completely turns me off. This selenite sphere even more so, since it was predominantly placed in the store and I think it attracted anyone who saw it to touch it.

Thanks, Jewel. I guess I will have to live with it, but I'd still like to find a way to get rid of some of the chalkyness. There are blue and red flecks in the small dents as well that I want to get rid of. Oh well. It can wait I guess. :)

Briar Rose
02-04-2009, 09:54
I think you could safely wash it quickly and dry it. It isn't going to desolve right away. I washed the one I posted in the picture. It was okay. Nothing happened to it except I got the dust off it.

morticia monroe
02-04-2009, 10:43
Take a piece of bamboo or a chopsick and put an edge on it (cut it, whittle it, whatever), you'll be able to scrape things off of it without damaging the stone. Of course you must still be careful.

And believe it or not, if it really bothers you, a small bit of household ammonia on a rag will clean the oils and prints off without dissolving the stone. I don't know how it will affect the chalky areas, though.

I am with Jewel, though. I love the little dents and dings that give stones character. Maybe you just need to purchase ANOTHER one (see how this gets started?) :)

awookie
02-04-2009, 21:14
I am going to test this with selenite I have. Im really unsure about water on it. I am going to see what happens regardless.
brb.

Grigori
02-04-2009, 21:22
Thank you, awookie. :) Interesting that it says its safe to quickly run under the water. I wonder if I could do that with my piece, since its been polished rather than rough? Hmm.

I soaked a small sphere of selenite in water for 3 days while making a gem elixer from it. The difference was barely noticable, though its certainly less shiny than before hand. I think you'll be safe to give it a quick wash :)

awookie
02-04-2009, 21:41
Ok mine is now clean. no damage after a quick rinse and dry. its just very clean without the dirt on it.Ihave tested it on a large piece which is rough. it isnt as shiny it is more translucent.
As I am stareing at the selenite I dont like how clean it looks. It seems a little lack luster. That is just me, my personal feelings aboutit, it doesnt look as interesting and I feel now its clean it looks like a different piece completely.

awookie
02-04-2009, 23:38
ok the second piece that i submerged in water for an hour.
It looks ok just very clean. it depends how clean you want it to be. There are no signs of damage or wear but it doesnt seem as interesting as it once was. It is so clean it seems lifeless.

Jewel
03-04-2009, 05:08
~chuckles at awookie~ Love the expirements you are conducting with your Selenite and cleanliness *LOL*
Thanks, Jewel. I guess I will have to live with it, but I'd still like to find a way to get rid of some of the chalkyness. There are blue and red flecks in the small dents as well that I want to get rid of. Oh well. It can wait I guess. :)
You are welcome Rin. I have a small tumbled selenite crystal and no sooner had I pulled it out of the bag to check it out I dropped it on my garage floor. Needless to say it got a black scuff on it ~shakes head~ .... I have thought about trying do something about it, but since selenite is gypsum I am sort of scared to mess it up either by breaking it or screwing it up with some cleaner. In the end I have just left the stone that way and think of it as a adding character and making my small piece different from others *LOL*.

If you decide to replace your selenite per Morticia's advice PM me and maybe we can work out a trade, I like blue and pink and don't mind little dents :D

Ambergree
28-07-2010, 12:22
Resurrecting this thread!

It's Alive!!

Anyways, I just got a nice-sized slab of selenite that has been made into a candleholder. I sit the crystal on my windowsill all day long soaking in the sun and then light it at night to study my cards.

I've put my vanilla-scented candles in there (since I like vanilla) but are there more complementary scents? NO IDEA if certain smells affect crystals (new to crystal things) so I just wanted to ask :)

tarotlaura
28-07-2010, 13:15
Okay, I just read through this whole thread and now I want a piece of Selenite. wounder where I can get one? Will definitely have to check the metaphysical shop out by me.

Ambergree
28-07-2010, 13:53
Okay, I just read through this whole thread and now I want a piece of Selenite. wounder where I can get one? Will definitely have to check the metaphysical shop out by me.

uhhhhh I found my slab of selenite at TJMaxx/Home Goods. LOL.

I would get it either from them (if you're lucky) or a local minerals store, or ebay. For some reason IMHO people tend to charge more for things if you want them for a 'mystical factor', and not just for the 'oooh, pretty rock' factor. You can pretend you are going for the 'ooh pretty rock' factor. LOL

it's a pretty mysterious substance, I just can't stop touching it.

shelikes2read
29-07-2010, 09:15
uhhhhh I found my slab of selenite at TJMaxx/Home Goods. LOL.

I would get it either from them (if you're lucky) or a local minerals store, or ebay. For some reason IMHO people tend to charge more for things if you want them for a 'mystical factor', and not just for the 'oooh, pretty rock' factor. You can pretend you are going for the 'ooh pretty rock' factor. LOL

it's a pretty mysterious substance, I just can't stop touching it.
Agreed on trying to find non-metaphysical sources for minerals in the hope of finding more reasonable prices. There seems to be a premium on items if the seller thinks they can cash in on the metaphysical properties.

Unfortunately, even sources that supply mineral collectors like amateur geologists seem to realize they can charge extra by tacking some metaphysical words onto the description of their items. Just try to find quartz points online without some mention of Lemuria or Atlantis and an accompanying price hike. :( It's a pain in the neck. I want my reasonably-priced quartz points back.

morticia monroe
29-07-2010, 12:43
Laura, don't be afraid to purchase from ebay. I get fantastic stones there, and there is plenty of selenite there. Just make sure that the seller has good creds. The prices are great too.

I have made numerous purchases from ebay, dozens, in fact, and never disappointed.

ncharge
03-08-2010, 06:42
Laura, don't be afraid to purchase from ebay. I get fantastic stones there, and there is plenty of selenite there. Just make sure that the seller has good creds. The prices are great too.

I have made numerous purchases from ebay, dozens, in fact, and never disappointed.

Ebay is my friend - especially for stones. In fact, today I received a selenite skull. It is amazing. I plan to go home and meditate with it tonight.

tarotlaura
03-08-2010, 12:02
Ebay is my friend - especially for stones. In fact, today I received a selenite skull. It is amazing. I plan to go home and meditate with it tonight.

Ohhhh that sounds so cool.

I finally got one and its a pretty big chunk too. I can't stop touching it, looking at it and holding it. I feel strangely calm right now...I guess that's a good thing.:D

I will have to check out Ebay for more stones. i definitely want some more Selenite.

Amatafrances
05-08-2010, 18:50
Selenite is wonderful for skin youth, and to prevent wrinkles, for example the nasolabial folds.
In an ayurvedic massage center that I know, they use it for this purpose.
But it is very fragile, and cleaning it is difficult; water can be used, but very quickly.
The best thing to do is not to put it in direct contact with the skin, or to do this only when the skin is very clean, without creams or oils.

shelikes2read
06-08-2010, 12:07
Ya know, selenite has been following me around lately online. First of all, I've seen lots of pics of selenite items while looking for minerals to add to my collection (mostly spheres and quartz points that would be suitable for using to make wands).

Then this thread appears, just at the same time. Selenite is following me, I tell you. I'm being stalked by a mineral. ;)

I guess that means I'll have to keep an eye open for a piece of selenite that's sure to catch my eye. :D