My first Tarot party gig

Acacia

Wow that was fun! I just read at my first party. It was hosted by a woman as a pampering evening for her friends. She had me and a masseuse on hand and scheduled appointments for her guests. I saw a new person every 15 minutes or so and worked for 2 1/2 hours. No one but the hostess had had a tarot reading before. A couple of them told me that they were afraid and I assured them that nothing is cast in stone, and if we see something unpleasant in the cards we can work further to find more information on how to handle the situation.

I only had one difficult reading, it was a relationship spread that just was not forthcoming with information. I admitted defeat and we tried another question using a different spread which was much more helpful to the client.

After I was done reading I joined the party for a bite to eat, and found them happily discussing their readings, and comparing cards and meanings.

I had a lot of fun, the hostess told me she’d like to do this again and would have me back. I’ve told a few co-workers about the party and some have expressed interest in having me at a party in the future.

Chronata

Congratulations, Acacia!

These are my favorite types of parties, because usually everyone is so relaxed and open.
Did you get any contact info from the guests? often these are a great opportunity to get more business later!

Sounds like you had fun! That's really the best part!

satinangel

Acacia!

I am so proud of you! :party: Sounds like you had a lot of fun and that you did a fantastic job!

WAY TO GO!!!

franniee

Congratulations Acacia!!! Wonderful!!!! :love:

celticnoodle

:party: HURRAY FOR YOU, ACACIA! :party:

that is wonderful. i'm glad for you. isn't it wonderful when you do something like this and have such a wonderful time and experience with it?

Acacia

Thanks for the congratulations! I really do enjoy reading for the public, at least the two times I have. I ought to seek out more of these opportunities.

I learned so much from the other posts regarding reading for parties. I have a great appreciation for the collective wisdom of AT.

AngelDancer

Congratulations, Acacia! I'm well chuffed for you.