Reading the cards and an hourglass

Papageno

I've noticed that some people have hourglasses on their reading tables.

what is that used for?............to time yourself?

willowfox

Perhaps to remind the client not to linger to long, time is money after all.

Astraea Aurora

I guess a reader can use an hourglass also if he's too long-winded and tries to capture every card detail for the client. He has to limit his thoughts when he has only 5 minutes to speak to the client. Mind you, hourglassses are also available for 30 minutes and less, it depends on the size of the glass and the sand that is filled in.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Papageno

thanks. I was wondering because some people who are not reading for other people (pro) have an hourglass.......so I was wondering what they use it for

AJ

for the same reasons for candles, stones, incense, and spread cloths I suppose, because the tool makes the user happy regardless of need or usefulness to the job at hand.

Papageno

AJ said:
for the same reasons for candles, stones, incense, and spread cloths I suppose, because the tool makes the user happy regardless of need or usefulness to the job at hand.

:) I guess that's a good reason........certainly a lot more fun than playing therapist with an eye on the clock LOL

it is kinda cool........very much like the Hermit Card isn't it, very appropriate

Grizabella

For professionals, it's classier and more subtle than a screaming timer of some other kind.

For those who aren't professional but want to go professional shortly, it would be a good way to practice getting a sense of how long a reading of a certain time would be and a way of getting used to being conscious of the timer.

For those who aren't professionals and have no intention of ever being professional, I guess they just want it for looks?

Papageno

Solitaire* said:
For professionals, it's classier and more subtle than a screaming timer of some other kind.

so you're saying this isn't subtle enough huh .....

Attachments

• how alarming.png
    how alarming.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 184

Gayla

Solitaire* said:

For those who aren't professional but want to go professional shortly, it would be a good way to practice getting a sense of how long a reading of a certain time would be and a way of getting used to being conscious of the timer.

For those who aren't professionals and have no intention of ever being professional, I guess they just want it for looks?

Right...it is very quiet and looks really nice.

Remember this? 'Like sands in the hourglass, so our the days of our lives..." :)

Papageno

Gayla said:
Remember this? 'Like sands in the hourglass, so our the days of our lives..." :)

:laugh: